Third-Party Reproduction
Options

3rd Party Reproduction Check-In!

Good morning! This checking is for anyone using/considering or who has used a 3rd party method of reproduction, including donor egg, donor sperm, embryo adoption, gestational carrier, or surrogate.

Check-In:

What's going on with your process? Any changes since last week? Thoughts/concerns on things in general?  

QOTW: (GTKY kinds of questions for a while...)

What are your three favorite things about summer? Food, activities, etc.

This is the first official check-in! If I missed including you or your details are inaccurate, please let me know - sorry! :)

----

((Hugs))
Jen12573 ? Hugs to you from all of us!

New BFPs!
Strunella ? DE ? EDD TBD? (5 weeks as of 5/28/13)
Udc22 ? DE BFP! ? EDD TBD?

Currently Cycling/Scheduled
Aputter05 ? DS IUI on 5/30/13 ? in TWW!
BabyVDM ? DE FET#1 ? scheduled ~July 8th
Ceemonkey - DE/DS IVF#3 scheduled for ~July 12th
2MamazInSeattle ? DE/DS FET#1 scheduled for July 18th
Brooklynesque ? DE IVF#1 scheduled for mid-July
MrsT4 ? DE FET#1 scheduled for mid-July
Lacyj67 ? DE IVF#1 scheduled for mid/late July

Waiting to Cycle
LittleLady77 ? Fresh DE; donor almost done with testing!
DoublePortion ? Embryo Adoption; waiting for availability.
BeckyP005 ? Fresh DE; waiting for donor availability.
Liz4Paws ? Embryo Adoption; almost done with adoption of 5!
Sammer 818 ? Gestational Carrier; application in!
Km672 ? Fresh DE/DS; waiting for donor availability.
Ladyrader0227 ? DE FET after reduction of BMI ~Aug/Sept.
Stinkerbell6879 ? DE ? saving up $ to start a second cycle.
Meljam13 ? Using traditional surrogate (using OS) after Oct.

Pregnant!
AmCheri ? DE ? EDD 6/16/13 ? Girl!
JM1977 ? DE/DS ? EDD 10/9/13 ? Boy!
Firefly062 ?  DS  -  EDD 10/10/13 ? Boy!
IndianaSunshine ? DE ? EDD 11/20/13 ? Boy!
Melkel559 ? DS ? EDD 12/13/13 ? Gender ?
Happywifemomofone ? DE ? EDD 12/23/13 ? Gender ?
Kaf8278 ? DE ? EDD 12/31/13 ? Gender ?
Moonaggie ? DE ? EDD 1/2/14 ? Gender ?
Strunella ? DE ? EDD TBD (5 weeks as of 5/28/13)
Udc22 ? DE ? EDD TBD ? Twins!!

Parenting
WeBelieveInMagic ? 10-month-old son from DS + a 3-yr-old bio son
Jcath ? 20-month-old identical twin girls from DE + 2 bio sons
JM1977 ? 21-month-old DD from DE/DS (also currently pregnant)
Hooliface ? 1 year-old DD from DE
Strudel82 ? 1 year-old DD twins from DE

Donors/GC?s/Surrogates
ArgleBride ? Egg Donor ? In process of being qualified to donate!

Considering Third Party
Kflynn81 ? Final OE cycle June/July 2013. DE possible if BFN.
GetwickMom ? Hoping to cycle with DH?s OS; DS being considered.

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
June'12 - First RE Visit
Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

Re: 3rd Party Reproduction Check-In!

• Options

We are still waiting on one last test for our donor and waiting to get our calendar. 

Back story: before we got into all this we were going to go to China to visit DH's brother and his family. We had to cancel that trip so they said they would fly out and stay with us instead. They wanted to come in early June and we told them no because we would be doing the DE transfer around then (that's what our Dr. Told us). Now it's early June and they still haven't given us the Calendar.

My BIL and his whole family will be arriving in 26 days and staying with us for 3 weeks. I'm freaking out that our treatment will be in the middle of their trip. It wouldn't be that bad if our Dr was local but we have to travel 600 miles to see him!

So now we have canceled our trip to China, asked them to come here during one of the most expensive times of year and we are going to have to bail on them!  Ugh, we are going to look like such jacka$$es! 

QOTW: I love being in the sun and general outdoor activities during the summer. I love the long days and hot nights. I adore working in my garden in the spring/summer and cooking all the food I grow. 

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hi ladies!

Still truckin' along in the first tri..almost to 2nd tri which is exciting! I am keeping FX that my m/s eases up then. We had our NT scan and 1st set of blood work for the sequential screening this past Fri. Based on the ultrasound, baby looks great! Haven't heard about the blood work yet but they said it would take 3-4 days and also that no news is good news so keeping FX for that as well. 

Q: I live in the Philly area so love weekend trips to the Jersey shore over the summer. Also I am a speech therapist and work in schools so I love that I get a little break over the summer months, only working part-time in the summer. Last, trips for ice cream. Nothing like it on a hot day :)

ETA: Due date is now 12/10/13

TTC since June 2011
    DX: DH (30) severe MFI, severely low count & low motility
    Me (32): all clear
    Appt with Urologist 5/21/12: exam, ultrasound, bloodwork all normal.
    Testicular Biopsy with TESE on 6/8/12. good sperm found! (left side only) froze sperm, failed thaw test :(
    Orientation for IVF/ICSI on 6/13/12. Waiting for the green light following biopsy results...results show adequate sperm production both sides.
    2nd SA 6/18/12: sample is "adequate for ICSI"
    Plan: IVF/ICSI July 2012!
    ER: 7/26/12. 15 eggs retrieved, all mature.
    TESE/TESA/aspiration from epididymis, no motile sperm found :(
    froze all eggs, the saga of praying for good sperm continues.
    8/3/12: 2nd opinion from MFI uro on biopsy slides. Suspects "partial late maturation arrest."
    Plan: more SAs, third biopsy/TESE with frozen back-up either from DH or DS.
    SA 8/17/12: Zero sperm
    SA 8/23/12: Zero sperm
    9/26/12: SPERM FOUND! 15 eggs thawed, 12 survived and were ICSI'd, only 3 fertilized normally. Refrozen as embies and will thaw in Nov. Please survive and grow!
    All 3 survived the thaw on 11/15/12!
    FET 11/17/12: transferred 2, one 4B, one 4C. Beta 11/30:BFFN
    moving on to DS
    DIUI#1 2/18/13,50mg Clomid cd 3-7, Ovidrel trigger, Beta 3/4/13: BFN.
    DIUI#2 3/19/13, 50 mg Clomid cd 3-7, Ovidrel trigger, Beta #1 (14dpiui) 4/2/13: BFP!!!! 150. Beta #2 4/4/13: 420 Beta #3 4/8/13: 2691. Beta #4 4/15/13: 15,086
    1st u/s 4/8/13 shows one gestational sac
    2nd u/s 4/15/13 shows yolk sac, fetal pole and early heartbeat
    3rd u/s 4/25/13: measuring right on track. Heart rate 148 bpm
    A/S 7/22/13: IT'S A BOY!!
    PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2qmon5u.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd243/laurakat24/turkeybaster-1.jpg"[/IMG]Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm still just waiting...boo!

QOTW: Swimming (wish I had a pool!), my birthday & when summer turns into fall. lol I am not looking forward to the triple digit temps!! 

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Options

It appears I haven't checked in yet, but I am currently pregnant from our donor embryos. We have our last appointment with our RE today and get to hear the heartbeat. If all goes well, we get released to the OB. I am a nervous wreck right now. We have never gotten anywhere close to this point and I know nothing is a guarantee when it comes to IF. 

QOTD:  not having to wear socks (i hate things on my feet), finally getting to put in our garden, and all of the odd, random festivals my little town has!

• Options
    Update: I started birth control pills to prepare for our cycle. But I don't have a calendar yet, which is unique. The reason is because we don't have our donor embryos shipped yet. The contract is on it's way to our donors as we speak and arrive tomorrow along with the care package of Texas goodies for our donors. :) If they sign asap and get the contracts back, our lab can work on shipping which hopefully will go quick. I imagine I'll have a transfer sometime mid August.

QOTW: I have three words for you. Texas. Summers. Suck. I honestly can't wait until November already. Sorry for those of you who live in the pacific northwest or the north pole who wish they had sun. Let's switch for the summertime. Deal? :)

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • Options
    Km672Km672 member

Hey Everyone!

I love this check-in, it's so great to keep up with everyone!! As always, wishing for nothing but the best for everyone. I hope all is well-

We have been matched with a new donor. We were really hoping for a proven donor, but ran into the same problem we originally had and were not crazy about any of the proven donors. I'm really hoping this one follows through.

I had been feeling really good about this until our donor was MIA. Now despite being rematched with someone we really like, I can't help but feel guarded about the process. But I am happy it's summer!!

My top 3 favorite things about summer in New England:

1. Going barefoot...JMS-I couldn't agree more!!

2. Sangria!

3. Being able to jog down the beach, verses being stuck on a treadmill!                                                                                      

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• Options
    imageKm672:

Hey Everyone!

I love this check-in, it's so great to keep up with everyone!! As always, wishing for nothing but the best for everyone. I hope all is well-

We have been matched with a new donor. We were really hoping for a proven donor, but ran into the same problem we originally had and were not crazy about any of the proven donors. I'm really hoping this one follows through.

I had been feeling really good about this until our donor was MIA. Now despite being rematched with someone we really like, I can't help but feel guarded about the process. But I am happy it's summer!!

2. Sangria!

We didn't like any of the proven donors either.  I'm really hoping this one works our for you guys! 

imageimageimage
  • Options

Still on the bench for now, but things are looking good! So hopefully not too much longer....

I am absolutely a summer person, so I love it all, swimming, going to the beach, bbq etc. But I am also in CA so we get some heat but overall pretty amazing weather. We are for sure going to take some day trips to the beach this summer :-)

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

September 2013 DE IVF (Fingers Crossed) = BFFFN! again...

October 2013 FET of our last 2 = Beta Hellzz for 6-7 Weeks. M/C

• Options
    Km672Km672 member
    imageLittleLady77:
    imageKm672:

Hey Everyone!

2. Sangria!

We didn't like any of the proven donors either.  I'm really hoping this one works our for you guys! 

Thanks so much for checking in on me!

I've been keeping close tabs on you! I'm glad your donor has agreed to let you donate any extra embies. I feel like all of this testing and waiting takes FOREVER...I'm sure you are feeling the same as you are still waiting. I can not wait until we actually have our dates and a calendar...maybe then it will be more real? Feel like we have been planning for this for far too long...

I understand feeling badly about the change of plans, but I'm sure after this passes and you (FX) have wonderful news to share with them, it will all make perfect sense. I'm not sure how open you are with them, but regardless I'm sure they will understand. Maybe next year they will be able to visit to meet your LO?

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• Options
    imageKm672:
    imageLittleLady77:
    imageKm672:

Hey Everyone!

2. Sangria!

I've been keeping close tabs on you! I'm glad your donor has agreed to let you donate any extra embies. I feel like all of this testing and waiting takes FOREVER...I'm sure you are feeling the same as you are still waiting. I can not wait until we actually have our dates and a calendar...maybe then it will be more real? Feel like we have been planning for this for far too long...

I understand feeling badly about the change of plans, but I'm sure after this passes and you (FX) have wonderful news to share with them, it will all make perfect sense. I'm not sure how open you are with them, but regardless I'm sure they will understand. Maybe next year they will be able to visit to meet your LO?

Ditto on the donors. We are getting closer to having a better timeline (financially), and so far the donors who the RE is willing to do a shared cycle with are VERY far off in even the general physical area of what I am looking for. So I am hoping this does not end up being a hold up in the end,

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

• Options

Can I join? I am very new to the donor egg process and am currently on our clinic's waiting list for a donor. I have a ton of questions about how they do things so we have an appt. in a couple weeks for that. I think the wait is usually around 3-4 months and were about a month in now! I'm worried though that they are not going to have a big selection to pick from and it will end up taking us awhile to find a donor. 

My 3 favorite things about summer are: working part-time (I'm a teacher and teach summer school in the summer), camping/cottage trips with friends, and lounging by a pool with some cocktails :) 

29 yrs. old w/ DOR & LPD: Highest FSH 30, AMH 0.16, low antral follicle count
    IUI#1 w/ Clomid, Trigger, and Crinone: BFP 9/12/12, EDD 5/24/13, mm/c 10/13/12, Testing done = Trisomy 16
    IUI#2-8 (injectables): BFN
    IVF #1- April 2013: Only 1 follicle on max stims- Converted to IUI: BFN
    DE IVF#1: BFP!! EDD 11/20/14
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Km672Km672 member

Ditto on the donors. We are getting closer to having a better timeline (financially), and so far the donors who the RE is willing to do a shared cycle with are VERY far off in even the general physical area of what I am looking for. So I am hoping this does not end up being a hold up in the end,

Ug!! I wish this process could be easier for you! I forgot you were doing a shared cycle...It was harder to pick a donor than I originally thought it would be. I remember talking to my H about it and thinking it wouldn't be too difficult. All I required was someone young, healthy and with dark hair (both of us have dark hair & eyes, eye color was not such a big deal to us, but we thought it might be really obvious if we ended up with a little blondie or redhead!) It took me a long time to really focus in on what was an absolute and I realized I needed to be open about a nonproven donor.

What are the donor requirements to do a shared cycle?

I'm glad that your financial timeline is becoming more clear...waiting is the worst!!!

• Options
    imageKm672:

Ug!! I wish this process could be easier for you! I forgot you were doing a shared cycle...It was harder to pick a donor than I originally thought it would be. I remember talking to my H about it and thinking it wouldn't be too difficult. All I required was someone young, healthy and with dark hair (both of us have dark hair & eyes, eye color was not such a big deal to us, but we thought it might be really obvious if we ended up with a little blondie or redhead!) It took me a long time to really focus in on what was an absolute and I realized I needed to be open about a nonproven donor.

What are the donor requirements to do a shared cycle?

I'm glad that your financial timeline is becoming more clear...waiting is the worst!!!

The RE office will e-mail me some of the donors set to cycle, and I believe he will only do that with those who are proven to produce enough eggs to be split because he also adds those to the Frozen egg bank. It's there way of trying to offer as much as they can to those of us who are using DE here in CA. So far some of the traits have been pretty spot on, but, I am super short 5'0 and some of those who I like turn out to be 5'8! lol. So I am pretty open but like you said you want them to blend into the family. ya know?

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

• Options

Check-In:

What's going on with your process? Any changes since last week? Thoughts/concerns on things in general?  -Nothing new here.  Have second OB apt this week.  Planning to have blood drawn for Maternit21 and find out gender.  Thinking of skipping both 1st and second tri screenings

What are your three favorite things about summer? Food, activities, etc.

Afternoon naps and waking up to find there's still daylight to get done what you need to.

Ice cream

Swimming and time at the beach

TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    No major changes here--I have my orientation Thursday.  I was going to have my psych eval today, but I moved it because I had research subjects coming in this morning from very far away and didn't want to cut them short--but then they no-showed!  Argh.

This summer, I am a student instructor at one summer camp, and I've co-founded and will be running another, so that is definitely what I'm most excited about!  Other things...even though it's no longer relevant, I still get that "school's out" feeling of opportunity, I love that!  Third, I choose outdoor events.  Bring on the BBQ! 

• Options

Not a lot to report from a cycle perspective - except I have lost 6 pounds!  I am that much closer to being able to cycle again :-) 

Favorite things about summer - Grilling out with my Hubbs, it staying light late enough to be outside after work, and taking lunch-time walks with my dog! Oh - and of course Summer Shandy!! the best beer ever that is only available in the summer.

Me:37 (DOR), DH: 40 (Normal) TTC #1 since Fall 2010
    2010-2012 - 7 rounds of Clomid, 4 IUI & 2 IVF - all BFN (2 chemical pregnancies)
    April 2013 fresh DEgg - 15R, 4F, 2 transferred = BFN.  
    FET - 11/13
    Beta #1 11/23 = 247; Beta #2 11/25 = 538; Beta #3 11/29 = 5481 BFP!!!!!
    U/s #1 12/7 & U/s #2 12/16 = One perfect little heart beat!! 
    EDD = 8/1/14

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

• Options

I'll be hanging out until the Fall before I do my FET.

QOTW: I love to dig in the dirt.  I just love being outside.  DH started a lawn mowing business and I do the weed trimming, bush trimming, and leaf blowing.  I should hate it but I love it.  I love turning someone's crappy yard to awesome :) 

36 DH 33 TTC for over 3 years
    First mini-IVF Sept 2011... Only 1 egg! ... BFN
    Switching RE
    IVF#2 May 2012 9 eggs and only 2 sperm, WTH!
    BFN
    IVF #3 March 2013~Tesa with back-up Donor Sperm,Tesa, unsuccessful used DS~ Chemical :(   

Switching RE's within practice

2 frosties waiting for us, November 2013!!!!!   Transferred 2 "average" blasts 11/20/2013
    BFP!!!!!!!  Boy/Girl Twins!!!!!! Due 08/08/2014

My Blog

*~God gives his hardest battles to his toughest solders. Unknown.
  • Options

Not much to report here; I start Lupron in a week.  

Three of my favorite things about summer:

-- Soft moist happy skin (humidity is good for something)

-- Long days

-- Sidewalk cafes

-- Margaritas and other luscious fruity cocktails

Okay, that's four things.  One of which I'll soon have to forego, hopefully for nine months.  ;-) 

• Options
    I am 10 weeks tomorrow with my egg donor little one. My RE is weaning me off the progesterone and estrogen slowly. I have my first OB appointment on Wednesday morning. I am very hormonal. One minute I am so excited and can't wait to share our news with the world. The next minute I am terrified that I will lose this baby. I am sure everyone can relate with all that we through to get to this point. I am hoping that on Wednesday not only will baby still be doing great but that my subchorionic hemorrhage may be gone or almost gone. Best wishes to everyone tonight!
  • Options
    Hello ladies, loved hearing all the news. Hope everyone is doing well.
    News for us is we should hear from the doctor this week with a set calendar for our donor for july ivf. Also the financial part has scared me a lot and DH got up the nerve to call his grandma in Nevada and she sent us a check for 5,000!!! Omg freaked out!!! Got it in the mail today so looks like we only need another couple thousand and we will be well in range for this to really happen. I am so grateful that our family is so supportive! We have chosen not to tell many people this time around and only few close friends and family know the current situation. I'm feeling good about that decision at the moment. Also I tend to look at my donors picture like five times a day. Is that normal?????? All so new to this and still processing it all. Looks like we will most likely freeze all and do FET sometime in aug I hope. That's all I know for now.
    Qotd : I love summertime it's my absolute fav season.
    1. Boating on the lake is number one!! We have a pontoon and boat dock at my dads ranch and its a most every weekend event !!
    2. Wine tasting . We live in central California and wine tasting is a blast and all the winery's throw really fun summer party's!
    3. Hanging out in our back years by the pool with my three dogs is a everyday thing. When I get home from work it's still light out and we let the dogs swim and BBQ!! My fav!!
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• Options

It's awesome to see all the great participation in the check-in! Great to see/hear all your updates :).

Well my big update was posted last week, but we are basically moving forward 'as if' for our July 18th cycle while we wait on our donor genetic testing. I'm worried that, while we are ok with the extraordinarily low risk, my RE won't be and will hold our embies hostage or make us throw them out. :( I'm just hoping and praying our egg donor is clear so we know our baby would at worst be a carrier...which is fine since it's so random and rare. Thanks for all your nice replies to my post too!

QOTW: Living in Seattle, I LOVE our incredibly long days - our longest is 16 hours of daylight on June 20th this year. And with that, I love people being out and about, coffeeshop culture, etc. I also love gardening and my daily walk without getting wet! :)

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options

I have my baseline u/s on Thursday and if it goes well I start Lupron on Friday. Finally! This is my last transfer of a 3-transfer DE + DS package I purchased. I have a little anxiety about it, I just can't believe the first 2 didn't work at all. I hope this one does, not sure what we'll do if it doesn't.

QOTW: my 3 favorite things about summer are: going to the lake, long days, sitting on our back deck with a margarita! 

SAIF Always Welcome
    TTC #1 since Fall 2008
    High FSH, Sertoli Cell Only Syndrome
    Unsuccessful with my OE, moving to DE + DS
    DE + DS IVF #1: Dec 2012 - BFP, nothing at first u/s 
    DE + DS IVF #2: 3/14/13 - c/p
    DE + DS IVF #3: 7/12/13 - BFP! Finally! No heartbeat at 7w1d.
    DE + DS IVF #4: 5/16/14 - BFN
    DE + DS IVF #5: 9/3/14 - BFP at 5.5dp5dt, Beta 1 @ 9dp5dt: 438; hb of 133 at 6w5d, no hb at 7w1d
    DE + DS IVF #6: 3/3/15 - BFN on HPTs through 7dp5dt, Beta 1 @ 8dp5dt: 19, Beta 2 @ 10dp5dt: 76, nothing at u/s

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky 
  • Options
    imageKm672:

I'm SOOOOO happy our donor agreed to let us donate the extra embabies down the road! I was really freaking out about that.  I agree testing takes forever and I feel like this is never going to happen, sigh. I think the calendar will make it much more real. 

On a positive note, I got a call from my dr office. They said we are just waiting for my donors CD1 and told me to call with my CD1!!! It looks like things are starting to happen. She also said we will probably transfer in mid to late July so it looks like I may have avoided the in law crisis.  

And Lacy- I look at my donors pics 5x a day too. They are sitting on the coffee table right now :)  

Ceemonkey... I have everything crossed that this is it for you!  

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Lacy...That is AMAZING news about the added money!! :-)

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

• Options

status update:  My Mom has returned home to the east coast and I am sad to be left without her again.  I am also back to work after taking 2 weeks to be with her.  that soooooo very sucks.

I received my calendar and if all goes well will FET the first week of July.  The only thing that has changed about my protocol is that I am taking synthroid due to a high TSH level.    I started lupron last night, oh joy, and so my next attempt has officially started.

3 things about summer:  

1 - vacation - I always take time in the month of july.

2 - warm-ish weather - basically I am just happy not to have to shovel snow or scrap ice off the windsheild.

3 - takiing the pooch to the river for a swim.  She is ridiculous and happy near the water.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Breast Cancer diagnosis 12/01/2010 - Survivor and Cancer free as of 03/22/2011
    BFP#1 04/12/201
    1 - fetal demise - MC 05/28/2011
    BFP#2 10/14/2011 - fetal demise - MC 12/13/2011
    BFP#3 05/30/2012 - fetal demise - MC 07/23/2012
    IVF#1 02/14/2013 - 2 Beautiful Blasts transferred
    BFP#4 02/25/2013 - BFP - MC and ectopic 03/06/2013

IFV#2 07/02/2013 -BFP#5 - 07/07/2013
    1st Beta 07/11/2013 - 483 (9dp5dt) - 2nd Beta 07/13/2013 1006 (11dp5dt)
    1st U/S 07/31/2013 - TWINS! "The Minions"
    IVF#3 BFP#6 09/01/2015 6dp5dt
    1st Beta 09/05/2015 - 105 - 2nd Beta 09/08/2015 335
    1st U/S 09/22/2015 - .......

• Options
    MrsT4MrsT4 member

Thanks again 2Mamaz for all of your hard work with the check-in!!  I hope you are able to cycle sooner rather than later! :)

Check-In: What's going on with your process? Any changes since last week? Thoughts/concerns on things in general?

One of my prescribed medications (suggested by RI, not RE) was denied by my insurance, so I?m debating next steps?but I still want to cycle in July.  Also, with the recent loss of my job, we had to change our health plan.  While reading the benefits handbook, I came across something interesting and scary.  I knew that IVF would not be covered, but it seems like infertility visits would be for women up to age 44 (gulp, which gives me less than one year?giving me all the more reason to push forward ASAP!)  I don?t have an official calendar yet, but am supposed to go to the RE when AF arrives in about 2 weeks.

QOTW: What are your three favorite things about summer? Food, activities, etc.

My favorite things about summer are BBQ?s, planting flowers and using one of my favorite scents (Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess). J

Me: AMA, DOR, undetectable AMH, carrier of SMA, MTHFR homozygous C677T, high cytokines, low IGg B cells, Factor XIII V34l mutation, High Anti-Phosphatidylethanolmine, borderline hypothyroid and mildly insulin resistant.

MH: No known issues, aside from MTHFR.

Recommendations from RI: LIT, Humira, IVIG, Lovenox, Baby Aspirin, Folic Acid, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin.

Currently taking:  Pre-Natal vitamins, Foltanx, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin. 

When cycling also taking: Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, Humira and IVIG.

TTC since 7/11/09..with medical intervention starting in 2010, including 4 failed IVF's and 6 failed IUI's...only "success" was a chemical pregnancy in 11/2012 (credited to use of DE).

FET #1 (11th cycle) on 8/23/13 = BFN.

FET #2 (12th cycle) Transfer of last two (day 6) donor egg blasts on 1/22/14 = BFP, EDD = 10/10/14 (please stick little BOY!)

My favorite breed:

***PAIF/SAIF always welcome***

• Options

Check-In:

What's going on with your process? Any changes since last week? Thoughts/concerns on things in general?  Well we applied two weeks ago to the agency. I had to call them last week to verify they got our application. Someone was on vacation and our application got lost in the shuffle. However, the next time someone goes on vacation, what if we are in the middle of something time-sensitive? Will that get lost in the shuffle? They were supposed to call us yesterday to set up a meeting time/place and we heard nothing. So far, I'm not impressed AT ALL with this place. I feel like they don't care, and we aren't even technically working with them yet. I'm really worried about their ability to get us through the entire process.

What are your three favorite things about summer? Food, activities, etc. Drinking beer on the deck, outdoor yard games (bocce ball and jarts are my favorites), and playing in a sand volleyball leauge.

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    imagesammer818:

Check-In:

What's going on with your process? Any changes since last week? Thoughts/concerns on things in general?  Well we applied two weeks ago to the agency. I had to call them last week to verify they got our application. Someone was on vacation and our application got lost in the shuffle. However, the next time someone goes on vacation, what if we are in the middle of something time-sensitive? Will that get lost in the shuffle? They were supposed to call us yesterday to set up a meeting time/place and we heard nothing. So far, I'm not impressed AT ALL with this place. I feel like they don't care, and we aren't even technically working with them yet. I'm really worried about their ability to get us through the entire process.

What are your three favorite things about summer? Food, activities, etc. Drinking beer on the deck, outdoor yard games (bocce ball and jarts are my favorites), and playing in a sand volleyball leauge.

where are you located? In our research we found out there are a ton of really bad, unethical agencies out there and a handful of good ones. If you are in CA I can recommend a good one for you but either way, I would find a different agency ASAP!  

imageimageimage
  • Options
    JM1977JM1977 member

Check-In: What's going on with your process? Any changes since last week? Thoughts/concerns on things in general?

Nothing new here. I'm still somewhat nervous about my suspected placenta previa.  I have another appointment with the MFM on June 14th to have it checked and will also see my OB on the 13th.  So far I haven't had any symptoms (bleeding or any other problems), so overall I'm pretty calm about it.

QOTW: What are your three favorite things about summer? Food, activities, etc.

I really love swimming.  Also, longer days and sandals. :)

TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not much new going on. I'm busy with both kids. My husband and I have been talking about more kids. He's not so sure he wants more children. Friction has ensued.

My favorite parts is summer are the return of the farmers market, vacations, and the pool. Oh and the warm weather. I hate the cold.
    Photobucket
    Husband and I are both carriers of Delta F508, one of the many mutations that cause Cystic Fibrosis. We pray for a cure.
    D-IUI #1 September 2011 ~ BFN D-IUI #2 October 2011 ~ BFP!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "Maybe you don't need the whole world to love you, ya know. Maybe you only need one person." Kermit the Frog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"