March 2013 Moms

Lurker Question

How quick are you ladys returning to work?...Im hoping to 1 month after baby is born to 2 days a week.  Some people say its too soon, just wondering your opions
image  image
Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

Re: Lurker Question

• I returned full time at 8 weeks, which worked well for me. I had a third degree tear, so I only really started feeling normal at four weeks. I probably could have handled two days a week at that point. Not sure how you'd be feeling after a month if you had a c section though.
  • I am a teacher and had originally planned to return after 6 weeks, however once the 4 weeks went by I knew there was no way I was ready and decided to take a full 12 weeks off which brought me to the end of the school year! Now I get to spend all summer with my little one.
  • Loading the player...
  • I couldn't have physically or emotionally. I had a section and didn't feel Ike myself until 8 weeks PP.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • Kota26Kota26 member
    I went back after 4 weeks to finish teaching before summer vacation. The reason I felt comfortable doing that was because my mom came to stay with us and watch LO during the day while I was gone. Without her help I would not have gone back so soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I go back next week. LO will be 13 weeks. I wish I had more time!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I got my midwife to sign off on 12 weeks instead of the standard 8 for my work. I just couldn't imagine going back at 8 weeks, little guy was still so little and needed me. He still does of course, but he is much less "newborny". Plus, I only have to go back for 3 weeks before summer vacation starts (I work in a high school)!
  • Mmm79Mmm79 member
    I went back at 13 weeks, but DS will be home with family members for another month, then into daycare.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• emisiemisi member
    I go back June 10, after 12 weeks.  It's been nice, and we'll both be more ready for it.
    Dec 2016 BMB August Siggy Challenge: Awkward Back to School Photos

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    I'm a teacher and took 12 weeks off. I had to return last week for the last two weeks of school. For me, it wasn't hard leaving him, just hard returning to a stressful environment. DS is at daycare and when I pick him up, he's ready for a nap and ends up sleeping all evening/night so I hardly get any play time anymore.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• I went back 2 days at 9 weeks then full time at 10 weeks. I had a csection and wasn't cleared by my dr to go back until 6 weeks. Physically I think I healed quickly but I wouldn't have been emotionally ready to go back at 4 weeks. It really depends on how you feel physically and emotionally. Only you will know if its the right time.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I didn't feel "normal" until about 6 weeks afterwards. I had a vag delivery. I would imagine it would be closer to 8 with a c-section. LO is not sleeping well at 4 weeks either so you would also be very tired if you did not have a lot of help from family. I would try to get a bit more time off if you can as you will want it. I went back afer 8 weeks or so (went back early) as I was ready to get back in the swing of things. I work remote so LO was about to stay with me and didn't have to start daycare any earlier so it worked out.
  • imagemandyroy:
    I am a teacher and had originally planned to return after 6 weeks, however once the 4 weeks went by I knew there was no way I was ready and decided to take a full 12 weeks off which brought me to the end of the school year! Now I get to spend all summer with my little one.

This almost exactly, although I'm not a teacher but support staff in an elementary school!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • She just turned 2 months.  I would have had to go back when she 6 weeks but I had extra time off cause of easter break and sick days

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I went back at 8 weeks after a c/s and was ready.  (I did cry in the parking garage the first day, but I think that happens whenever you go back.)  I also have toddlers, so after the first 2 weeks of recovery, I was a busy full time mommy doing story hours, the zoo, the art museum, etc. The only reason I mention all that is that I was physically capable of working by a few weeks after delivery.  The extra weeks allowed me to bond with baby and to regulate my BF supply, prepare for pumping, etc. 

My best friend runs her own business and was back at it full time at 4 weeks.  She was miserable but she got through it and both she and baby are doing great (now 4 months).  If you don't have a choice but to go back to work, you will make it work (unless there is some sort of complication to your delivery - but you have no control over that possibility).

*Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
    Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
    High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"