June 2013 Moms
Options

Advice before calling

So I've been seeing spots for the last half hour and its enough to make it difficult to see some things. So if there's a lot of typos I apologize now. Anyway, I have an NST in the morning and H doesn't get home for two more hours. My BP was slightly elevated last week but has been normal ever since. Would you ladies call? I hate to seem like a bother.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg

Re: Advice before calling

• Options
    Nix55Nix55 member
    You should call. You are not being a bother. Trust your instincts.
  • Options
    kh59kh59 member
    I would call, but also try drinking a lot of water.  My vision gets spotty when I'm dehydrated or as an early migraine symptom, and water helps in either case.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would call!
  • Options
    I just talked to my moms who's a nurse and she's sure it's a complicated vascular migrane. So I'm just going to try some fluids and rest and if it doesn't get better I'm going to call. I have a history of migraines but they never present like this. I'm so over these changes and ready to have this baby!
  • Options
    call vision changes is a reason to call your doctor
  • Options
    imageaiche Umm Ayoub:

This. The elevated BP and vision changes are pre e symptoms.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Do you have a blood pressure cuff?  I would check it and if it is high then go in.  Most stores have a place where you can check you BP also if you dont have one at home.
    Riley 12/24/08 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would call. Definitely.
    September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • Options
    I would definitely call if you have high BP and are seeing spots. My OB said to call immediately if that happened, because it is a sign of pre-e. It is not something to mess with, and I doubt your OB would see it as a bother..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    skioskio member
    Dark spots or light spots? As weird as it sounds, it matters. Dark, blobby spots are a huge red flag and you need to call.

If you're seeing light spots or little zipping firefly type spots, it's more likely to be a headache thing or just 'normal' pregnancy wooziness from fatigue or blood sugar spikes. I got woozy this afternoon, shaky, sick feeling with some weird vision changes that came and went. I stopped in a rite aid to take my BP and it was normal. I'm just having some very unpleasant late pregnancy ickiness.

Anyway. I'm no doc and while your mom's friend is a good resource I'd still recommend calling your OB for peace of mind. Feel better.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    They gave my some other symptoms to look for and o call back if they present themselves. After a nap the spots are now gone and my typical migrane symptoms presented. So I'm sure that's what it is.
  • Options
    imageemolm:
    imageaiche Umm Ayoub:
    This. The elevated BP and vision changes are pre e symptoms.
    YUP!! Call.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"