Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

surrounded by preggers

Background: Found out we were preggers on 3-19-13. Went in for my 1st Dr.app on 5-1-13, she thought my uterus felt small. went for a u/s and there was no heart beat. Tried cytotec with no progress. M/c on 5-7-13 with D/C due to heavy bleeding.

I always thought I'd be okay if something like this were to happen because I never held the baby, but with all the changes I felt in my body and then seeing the outline of our little embryo, my heart was crushed. I am doing much better now. I think I may even be starting my period.

I can see pregnant women and new borns now  and be happy and hopeful. I just feel like I am surrounded by preggers. It makes me wonder what my body would look like right now if things went the other way. But mostly I feel surrounded. It's like when you buy a new car and suddenly everyone else has the same car. Sometimes I wish those like us could have a code so we knew we weren't alone. Do any of you ever feel surrounded?

Thanks for letting me vent. Happy Weekend

Re: surrounded by preggers

• This is exactly how I feel. I knew that a close friend of mine was well into her pregnancy when I found out that I was pregnant. After my loss though it seems like a lot of my friends are now pregnant. I'm happy for them, but it's still really hard knowing that I'm not anymore. 

You are for sure not alone, and I'm happy to see that I'm not either.  

• Jengal2Jengal2 member
    I absolutely know how you feel. I just said to my DH yesterday, "why does everybody else but me get to be pregnant?" You're definitely not alone on this. Sorry for your loss.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes and it stinks! At work today their was a girl talking excitedly and showing people pictures from her latest ultrasound. I had to get up and walk away twice because I was just heartbroken. I feel surrounded by pregnant people and I really cannot stand it.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The day after I found out about our loss I went to Target for a distraction and I swear every single woman in there was like 9 months pregnant! Even my mom noticed it and told me that we should leave! It also bothers me when I see a really "young" mom carting around 6 or 7 kids and I'm like, really... I couldn't just have one???? WTF!!!
  • I'm not seeing preggars all the time but i am hearing about them. I have two of my people at work that I work closely with and their daughters are pregnant. One is due in August and one is due in October. I was due on November 4th so i'ts difficult sometimes to hear about their changing bodies, their ultrasounds, etc. I expect it though and I listen and try to feel happy for them. It sometimes stings but mostly i just wonder why they don't talk about all that when I'm not around. I find it rude, They know what I've been through. They both offered a sympathetic stance when I found out what happened.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Mirena removed 11/10/11. BFP 02/20/13 - MMC discovered 4/17/13 @ 11w4d. 
    BFP 12/14/13, EDD 8/21/14.It's a BOY! DS born 8/15/14.

• I am very sorry for your loss. I agree its like getting the new car. You don't really notice all the other ones until then. Same for me. None of my friends are currently pregnant but I feel like I'm just waiting around for one of them to announce it....... And I can already predict the jealous feelings I will have.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I MC in Feb and Dnc. Omg I just said this to someone. You buy a new car and then you see them all the time except me I just bought a new car and have only seen one. Lol but now all user in public on FB are either pregnant people or newborn pics. Yup I am being selfish for a minute. I hate it!! Ok selfishness is over. Lol

You are so not alone!!!!

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"