High-Risk Pregnancy

Paper thin cervix/ funneling/water bag bulging??

Paper thin cervix/ funneling/water bag bag bulging?i was wondering if anyone else has or had this? im turning weeks 28 weeks tomorrow twin pregnany (smaller baby due date was august 25th on ultrasound but she caught up to her sister who due date was august 21st on ultrasond but theyre going with august 25th) if anyone had this problem when did you go into labor? When did your water bag pop? I have to have a c section baby a is breech and baby b is transverse. I've have been having contractions which they are giving me medicine to stop it (magnesium)and other medicine for preterm labor (penicillin) water thru IV ect but I would really appreciate it if someone tell me they're story. I'm sad to be in labor this early been trying to find out more information about my situation anything would help. MFM says I won't be leaving this hospital pregnant and others in my situation typically last up to 3 weeks. Has anyone lasted longer? Long big sigh and yes I'm in the hospital I'm looking for answers I'm nerves. I got four steroid shots to help the babies lungs mature. If you did have your baby early how far along where you? Did you're baby survive? Did he or she have health problems? Does he or she still have health problems? Wha to expect with a preemie? What to expect with babies in level 3 NICU? Sorry I'm just really nervous and looking for any type of information that will help 

Re: Paper thin cervix/ funneling/water bag bulging??

• Btw sorry for the spelling errors typing to fast and did not re read tried fixing but it keeps taking me to a different screen I'm on a iPad and it changes my wording sometimes sorry 
  • So sorry you are going through this! I've had some of the same issues but much earlier in the pregnancy and was released to be at home on modified bed rest. I had shortening of the cervix and funneling at 20 weeks and had a cerclage put in. Then at 24 weeks I went into the ER with severe cramping and ended up getting contractions, etc. They gave me magnesium to calm the contractions which they did. Also had the steroid shots to help with LO's lung development. My cerclage held strong and the contractions stopped so they let me go. It was very scary but they offered super care so I was comforted by that.

At 28 weeks your babies have a very good chance of survival. I was super neurotic about finding out survival rates at each week, and by 28 weeks you're well above 90% survival. A NICU stay would probably be required of course. I'd check out the Preemie board for more info on PTL and Preemies.  

Best of luck to you! Try to stay calm (hard, I know) and get some rest. When those LO's come you'll want to be as rested as possible.  

• Loading the player...
  • Kate621Kate621 member
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I was in a different situation but my first son was born at 25 weeks. He spent 4 months in a level 3 NICU and had numerous issues but is thriving now at almost 3. At 28 weeks odds of survival are very good, around 90 I believe. Every single day you can keep them cooking counts though. Ask for a consult with the neonatologist and maybe a tour of the NICU. They should be able to give you more info. Good luck. I hope you stay pregnant for many more weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It was discovered that I had a bulging bag at 26w5d.  My D was breech so I was taken almost immediately for a c-section.  My D was in the NICU for 15 weeks.  I'm not going to lie it sucked.  Hard!  But my D is 2.5 now and doing amazing.  Her only lasting effect of prematurity seems to be reactive airway disease.  

28 weeks although not ideal (generally) has a pretty good outcome. 

Ditto pp who suggested a meeting with a neonatologist.

I hope you can stay pg much longer.  GL!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"