Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Tampons?

I have a follow up us for next week to determine if this is a blighted ovum or earu pregnancy. Meanwhile we've got my nephews swimming party tomorrow and leaving for the beach next week. I really don't want to miss a week of swimming at the beach, are tampons okay to use or no?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

Re: Tampons?

• Options
    Nothing in the vagina and no immersion in water for two weeks, the cervix stays open for a long time and risk of uterine infection is high.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options

I would ask your doctor but I'm with everyone else. I was told nothing in the vagina immediately after but I was cleared for that after a week instead of two weeks like most everyone says on here. 

I still haven't done any tampons and I've even had AF. I just stuck with the pads after my dne. It's weird too because I never wore pads before.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Mirena removed 11/10/11. BFP 02/20/13 - MMC discovered 4/17/13 @ 11w4d. 
    BFP 12/14/13, EDD 8/21/14.It's a BOY! DS born 8/15/14.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    bbg2808bbg2808 member
    Ditto. I am midMC and just had an appt. yesterday...had to ask about tampons because pads are pure misery for me. But the answer was no...no tampons, no bath, no exercise, no swimming. Basically nothing fun; but the risk of infection is too high and the possible consequences too great not to listen...
  • Options
    When I was going through natural mc my Doctor said no tampons. Pads only. And then I went on to have a d and c and the same as the rest of the posts. Nothing in the vagina because it can cause an infection. And no submersion in water. I would call your doctor and ask. Sorry if you end up missing out on the swimming.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    JKTTC1JKTTC1 member
    Thanks. I'm in the middle of a natural miscarriage, no d and c. And if course everyone asks...why aren't you swimming? :
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"