January 2014 Moms
Options

Showers

2»

Re: Showers

• Options

After experiencing a loss at 41 weeks a coworker of mind just experiencing at loss at 37 weeks, I am completely against baby showers for the rest of my life until after the baby is born. I know that looking at the statistics, no one wants to believe it will happen to them, but it does happen, and more than we all think. I just saw there is another poster on this board that had a full term loss. 

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but it sucked having a beautiful shower, getting all of these gifts, and then returning them or not knowing what to do with items that were not bought from my registry.  Thankfully Babies R' Us was AWESOME to us and we have gift cards to go shop for this baby, but I am forever freaked out and will never give a baby gift until the baby arrives.  

We plan on having a giant baptism party (we are not super religious), but feel like it is an appropriate time to celebrate a new life! My DH's father's family is Jewish and no one else, but I really understand the philosophy!  

• Options
    imagekatie-lynn3313:
    imagefirecracker8:

For #2, I am totally against having a shower, no no no! I was given many nice things the first time around and I don't expect anything for #2. 

THIS 

I agree mostly. Buuuuut I will be the lone desenter because if someone offers to throw me a shower (if we are having a boy) I will say 'Yes please.' Only because I want the experience. There were three pregnant women at my baby shower for DD, I was NOT one of them. Does that make sense? However, I will not be actively campaigning for a shower lol 

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Since we live halfway across the country from both our families, I'm hoping they will offer to do it around Thanksgiving so we don't have to make a special trip.  Like maybe the weekend before Thanksgiving or even the Friday or Saturday after?  I'm prepared that our turnout might be lower since people are super busy traveling around the holidays but I'd still prefer we do it then for our convenience. 

My biggest concern is getting all the stuff back to our home.  I'll try to have people spread the word that we'd prefer bigger items be shipped to us directly, but I also know people love seeing you open their gifts, so that may not work.  We have just one small car, I'm not sure what we'll do if it doesn't all fit! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"