August 2012 Moms
Options

Long naps

How in the heck do I get my kids naps to last longer. Will this come with time? He just started napping in his crib this week. He used to nap about 3 hours a day in my bed and now I can only get about an hour to an hour and a half out of him!

What gives? How can I help him.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Long naps

• Options
    Chloe has been napping in her crib since she sttn in the crib (at 6 months), but her nap schedule has fluctuated a lot since birth.  She went thru a phase where she has 3 naps, each about an hour long.  Morning, noon and 3pm ish.  It was crazy, so much sleeping!  Now she does a 11am-12:30 ISH and a 4-5:30 ISH.  To keep her napping, I make sure she has a bottle before she goes down, and has a toy in her crib, sometimes she will wake for a sec, hug the stuffy, and cuddle it back to sleep.  She won't generally wake up entirely unless she is done napping or had a poop lol.  Also, I try to keep her nap sched the same each day.  It will vary 30 mins here and there, but I plan around it so that she keeps it pretty regular.  Hope this helps! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• Options

imageSaltylove:
    I wouldn't complain about an hour to an hour and a half! That's a decent nap if he is taking two of them a day.

Right, did you mean 2 1.5 hour naps?  That is about right to me, but I could be wrong.  Did he do 2 3-hour ones in your bed?   

Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    In bed I got 3 hours for the whole day broken into two naps. Now I'm getting one hour or a little over broken into two naps. So they hot cut in half by wait h to the crib. Hope that makes sense. Maybe I need to change his nap times closer to a bottle.
  • Options
    Well I'm sure the crib will be an adjustment for him - give him a bit of time. :) What does your schedule look like now? He should be at two 1-2 hour naps roughly around 9 and 1 (unless your baby is on a totally different schedule). 
    WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • Options
    imageCLeigh03:
    Well I'm sure the crib will be an adjustment for him give him a bit of time. : What does your schedule look like now? He should be at two 12 hour naps roughly around 9 and 1 unless your baby is on a totally different schedule.nbsp;

This are the times he goes for , just gotta work in getting them longer.
  • Options

I agree with making sure his belly is full.  That definitely gets us a longer nap.  Also I run a fan for white noise and always have his favorite blanket. Mostly its about consistency though.

ETA:

How long between naps are you waiting.  Liam is up at 7 and ready for his first nap about 3 hours later.  He sleeps for like 1.5 hours.  Then 2-3 hours after that another 1.5. 

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"