February 2012 Moms

BFP surprise- ways to tell DH?

Hi ladies,

I know I don't post very often, but I found this bump group after my daughter was born, and I appreciate all that I have learned from you all over the past 15 months.  You all are a great group of ladies, and I'm kind of in shock right now, and not ready to tell IRL friends yet, so here's my news: I just found out that I am pregnant.

As a back story, I was diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago and saw a fertility doctor to conceive my daughter.  In February, we went back to the doctor to figure out a game plan for #2.  I breastfed DD, and didn't ever get a period, so the doctor said to stop breastfeeding, and to set up an appointment one month after I had completely weaned. Then, he would give me medication to start my period and we could start TTC again. Today is one month from when I weaned, so I went into the doctor to have bloodwork done and was expecting a call from them to tell me where to pick up the prescription. Instead, they just called to say I am pregnant. Crazy and exciting!

So, my question for you is, how should I tell my husband when he gets home from work tonight?   Any creative ideas?  How did you let your SO know the news?  Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BFP surprise- ways to tell DH?

• mkarnsmkarns member

I'm terrible at secrets so I just shoved stick in his face and said "guess what?".

Very exciting news, congratulations. Maybe you could tell him you have an early surprise for fathers day and show him a "sister" bib or t-shirt? IDK Apparently I'm not real creative either. hahah

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Do you have time to run to Carter's or another baby store and find a big sister shirt?  Just put that on your LO and see if he notices.  That's what I plan on doing with LO when we have #2.  But I plan on doing this to tell the parents.
  • Loading the player...
  • If not time to run out - Sharpie it onto a shirt you already have!

I told DH this time by taking the stick and a note that read "Do you have plans February 8, 2012?" and tying it with pink and blue ribbon to a new patio cover we just had installed.  Framing a note like this could be fun, just wait to see how long it takes him to notice.

Prior to that I wrapped up the stick and told him I had gotten him the most expensive present he would ever receive with my first, and with my second I did something similar.  With the first it was his bday and with the second it was on our anniversary, just weird timing.

• imagedanac2010:
    Do you have time to run to Carter's or another baby store and find a big sister shirt?  Just put that on your LO and see if he notices.  That's what I plan on doing with LO when we have #2.  But I plan on doing this to tell the parents.

This is how I told DH about #2. It took him a minute. But it wasn't a huge surprise since we had been trying for over 6 months.

Congrats on your surprise BFP. Does this mean another Feb. baby for you?  

BFP #1 1/11/11 M/C 2/4/11
    BFP #2 6/13/11 Baby E born 2/18/12
    BFP #3 12/3/12 C/P 12/5/12
    BFP #4 2/10/13 Baby R born 10/19/13
  • LjabinLjabin member
    I printed out this free sign
    https://www.craftaholicsanonymous.net/freeprintabletoannouncepregnancy

Says
    "If I'm going to get fat, so are you"

And I attached it to the top of a cheesecake box. Inside, on the cheesecake I wrote "we're pregnant" in piping gel

Congrats!!!!
  • mkarnsmkarns member

imageLjabin:
    I printed out this free sign https://www.craftaholicsanonymous.net/freeprintabletoannouncepregnancy Says "If I'm going to get fat, so are you" And I attached it to the top of a cheesecake box. Inside, on the cheesecake I wrote "we're pregnant" in piping gel Congrats!!!!

That's cute and I want cheesecake now.

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• That sounds so fun!  I'm keeping these ideas in mind for when we do get pregnant and tell family.  I can't surprise DH since we're doing another round of IVF and he'll know about it.

TTC #1 since December 2009
    IVF #1 - 6/2 Start Stims 6/14 ER 6/19 ET (2 embies transferred) BFP 6/27/11! Beta #1 87 Beta #2 197!! 1st U/S 7/19 (5 embies in storage!)
    7/19/11 -- One Beautiful Heart Beat!!
    It's a BOY!!

Jack Austin born at 37w; 2/10/2012

Working on Baby #2; FET scheduled for 1/8/2013!!! Cancelled due to nasty flu sickness :(
    FET 1.0 re-scheduled for 2/26/13! -- BFN
    FET #2 scheduled for May 2013 -- BFN
    Onto IVF #2....scheduled for June 2013, cancelled due to high estrogen levels
    IVF 2.1 re-scheduled for Sept. 2013 ER 9/26. ET 10/1 (2 transferred, 1 in storage). BFP 10/10 beta #1 105, beta #2 255
    Ultrasound 11/1 -- TWINS!!
    Both Girls!! <br>

Harper Grace & Hailey Ryann born at 33w6d; 5/8/2014!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"