April 2013 Moms
Options

What would you do to repay these people?

I have never met DH's coworkers. He has one guy who had a DD in March. This guy has been sending us a plastic grocery bag of clothes his little girl has outgrown every couple of weeks or so. The items he sends are super nice and practically new designer baby duds (as in, I would like to keep them coming!). The first time he sent them, I wrote a thank you note. What should I do to make sure he knows how much we love and appreciate the items? We are kinda strapped for cash so I would like for it to be thoughtful and cheap. I considered making baked goods but his wife apparently graduated from a culinary program so that's out of the question. Since I don't know them and DH doesn't hang with him outside of work, I thought it might be creepy if we offered a babysitting service for them to have date night. Any suggestions?

Re: What would you do to repay these people?

• Options
    I don't think that's creepy at all. I'd LOVE for someone to offer up free babysitting time!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    Do your baking idea. No one is going to turn down food!
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageOhSewCrafty:
    I don't think that's creepy at all. I'd LOVE for someone to offer up free babysitting time!

This!
  • Options
    UberBizUberBiz member
    No one says no to cookies! Also, another hand-written note would be a nice thing, too, explaining that you truly appreciate the continued hand-me-downs and how thoughtful and kind a thing it is for them to think of you.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemelandjames14:
    Babysitting doesn't seem creepy to me! I know you said you don't see them outside of work, but would ou be opposed? Maybe invite them over for a BBQ. Sounds like your girls aren't too far in age!

That might work. Then I don't have to worry about my cooking skills in comparison to hers b/c I could throw DH on the grill and if it turns out bad I can blame it on him being a man. lol.

• Options
    My brother graduated from culinary school and is a fantastic chef, sucks at baking though. Go with your baking idea I know plenty of people that bake better then culinary trained! Plus they seem like nice people, no one turns down baked goods.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Offering up a babysitting night is fine. They would probably appreciate the offer, even if they don't take you up on it.  Also, I am sure they are equally as thankful to see thier clothes getting some more use as you are to get them.  You will find that they grow so quickly, the clothes pile up and it gets so overwhelming to have bins of clothes from all different sizes.  It is a relief to find someone who can take them off your hands.  There is a girl I work with who's daughter was born the same month, 1 year later from my daughter, and since my 2nd is a boy and we are finished, I give bags of clothes after every season.  I usually save a bin of things that have meaning to give to my Sister in law if she ever has any kids, but other than that I just pass them along.
  • Options

Baking or Babysitting both sound like awesome things to me! Also, if you have any other particular skill, you could use that to do something unique for them. I do all kinds of crafty things, but in the end I usually bake.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"