Attachment Parenting

Action or Kinderpack?

Hi ladies,

I'm doing some research on toddler carriers and after seeing recommendations for both, I'm wondering if anyone has tried both the kinderpack and the action and can recommend one over the other for a larger toddler?

DS is 19 months, but weighs 33 lbs already and is pretty long.  

I love our ergo, but we got it when he was just under a year and he outgrew it really fast.  

I want to make sure that whichever carrier I choose, it won't feel like he's about to flip out the back because it's too low of a rise on his back.  

Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks! 

Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Action or Kinderpack?

• Amelia4Amelia4 member
    I haven't tried a Kinderpack, but I have the toddler ABC.  My son is roughly 50% for his height and the back is still almost too tall for him.  Thanks to some ladies on here, I do little tricks to shorten the back a bit to make it more comfortable for him.  Thus, I don't think the back would be too short for you.  I would definitely get the toddler version.  Also, if you like them on Facebook they are doing daily prints and dad-friendly prints are coming, too, so the options may be worth stalking if you don't see something you like right now.
    imageimage
  • Becid24Becid24 member
    I'm selling a brand new Action Baby toddler carrier in Rocky-frogs print for $110ppd. I bought it hoping to wear my 4 yr old occasionally but she is just too big for me to carry. My frame can't take her size:( it's only been worn a few times & still has all the original paperwork. Email me if your interested. Beci24 @ sbcglobal.net with no spaces
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a Kinderpack and love it. Getting the toddler size one soon for when my son outgrows the infant sized one.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ncbellencbelle member

I love both but they are VERY different carriers  - ideally I'd try before you buy.  The ABC (I'm actually on the package - ha!) is much less structured and has a flat body (meaning baby is held much closer to you).  It's possible to wear it higher comfortably because the waist (my favorite!) is less firmly structured than the KP waist.  The straps have less padding as well.  To me it wears more like a mei tai or wrap in feel with LO snug and high on your back.  The straps cross in a front carry.

The KP is pretty padded/structured and has a deep body which makes it easy to get a deep seat.  The straps do not cross in a front carry.  The waist is firmer and the straps have more padding.  I actually like the standard canvas KP uses over the standard ABC material (although my keeper ABC is a wrap conversion so it wins!).

I own both and use both - both are great but they do wear differently.

• ncbellencbelle member
    One other sizing note...you would be fine with either the Toddler KP or Toddler ABC.  IMO the Toddler KP wears bigger because of the way the body is designed.  I've comfortably worn my toddler ABC with my 40 pound 4 year old though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"