November 2013 Moms
Options

Lower back pain? Chiropractor?

Hi ladies!

I haven't posted here in a few months. I was dealing with hyperemesis and it got so bad I wasn't able to function much at all. It finally started slowing down a few weeks ago, so I'm starting to feel a little more normal.

Now I'm dealing with some awful lower back pain. It's not radiating into my legs so I don't think it's sciatica, but what do I know. Its just in the center of my lower back. It hurts to walk, lay on my back, change positions, etc. Heat doesn't help, cold doesn't help, massage doesn't help. It started a week ago (I'm 18 weeks today) after my sister's wedding and just won't go away. Any suggestions? I've never been to a chiropractor or acupuncturist, and had that suggested by some friends.

Re: Lower back pain? Chiropractor?

• Options
    Sacroiliac joint pain would be my guess. PT/Chiro can help, but actually my MW has strongly encouraged prenatal yoga as the first line of defense, so to speak. Prenatal yoga will strengthen your core muscles where chiro will be a temporary fix.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Options
    I agree with PP to call your OB before trying a chiropractor. I've had some low back and hip pain recently and good stretching (though painful at first) does seem to help. A warm bath or shower usually does the trick for me, too. I hope your back feels better soon!
    BFP #1 1.2.12 EDD 9.15.12 :: mmc 2.22.12. / d&c 2.23.12 :: 2nd d&c 3.16.12

"there is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"

BFP #2 2.27.13 EDD 11.8.13 Grow, baby, grow!

My Ovulation Chart

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary

image imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image

~ all ALers welcome ~

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I had lower back pain earlier in my pregnancy. I went to a chiro for the first time partly based on recommendations from people on this board. I also got acupuncture done at the same time (not my first time). It was awesome. I felt better by the time I left the office. Just make sure they know you are pregnant and don't lay on your belly. 

After that I agree with PPs idea of prenatal yoga. however I don't know if it would help as quickly as a trip into a chiro or acupuncturist.  

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I think I'll try some yoga - I think my sister has a few prenatal yoga DVDs and see if that can help until I see my OB next week. I appreciate the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"