TTC After a Loss
Options

??? TTA Check-In ???

This check-in is for anyone who is TTA, no matter for how long. We have a variety of wait times so please feel free to join. I will be posting this check-in on Friday.

If you are new to the check in, I?m sorry you?re here, and I hope your stay is short. Please post a small intro and tell us why you are TTA and for how long so we can get to know you and be familiar with your history.

A very warm welcome to ksyknelvr, ninthgirl, and kistyW13. I?m sorry that you have to join us on the bench, but you?re in good company!

Weekly quote: 

How is everyone this week? Any TTA-related frustrations?

Apples and onions, anyone? What was the high/low of your week?

QOTD: If you were a shoe, what you would you look like? Bonus points for PIP!

Below is the TTA list. Please let me know if you would like to be added or if your information is incorrect.

Name

TTA Until

uneek1323

Spring 2013

janissylves

May

luciddreamer

Pending RPL Results

awoodruff27

Pending RPL Results

ksyknelvr

Until 1st post mc AF

kistyW13

Until 1st post mc AF

jldubb0626

Summer 2013

BriHall003

June

soxfan777

June

nyg2042

June

ashellypnut

June/July

Roxycc55

July

meli1025

July

ninthgirl

July/August

MrsAmandaPants

August

Madisonpenny

August

alysonjill

August/September

jebretz

October

PinkCamino

January 2014

bethclosen

June/July 2014

ShellyM2011

Indefinitely

LLPtobe

Indefinitely

MamaWombat

Indefinitely

Jska40

Indefinitely

asglover514

Indefinitely

hellotarra

Indefinitely

LaTi07

Indefinitely

MissEricaK

Indefinitely

Saritaota614

Indefinitely

buckeyebride22

Indefinitely

July TTCAL Siggy Challenge - Favorite Children's Book
Donkey-Donkey - Roger Duvoisin  1968  Vintage Childrens Book
Surprise BFP 5/15/12, EDD 1/29/13, mm/c @ 8wks, discovered at 11wks, D&C 7/11/12
AF finally arrived on Christmas after 167 days of waiting.
TTA until January 2014
Follow Me on Pinterestimageimage
PGAL/PAL always welcome

Re: ??? TTA Check-In ???

• Options

Hey there LLPtobe! Hope you are doing well!

How is everyone this week? Any TTA-related frustrations? I am pretty good, no real TTA frustrations at the moment. I am sure that in a couple weeks if AF hasn't shown that I'll change my tune.

Apples and onions, anyone? What was the high/low of your week? High was having an extra day off work (Monday). Low was just having a few sad moments this week as more and more people seem to be publicly announcing their pregnancies.

QOTD: If you were a shoe, what you would you look like? Bonus points for PIP! I would be a strappy wedge...something that is sexy but still not over-the-top. : ) I wish I could PIP but I can't at work!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options

Hi LLP and everyone else! I'd like to join, if that's ok.

For those of you who don't know my story, I have been TTC since Sept 2011. I had my first loss in March 2012, which was a total nightmare due to the fact that the pregnancy was in my uterine horn, and it took 3 months for my hCG to go down, etc, etc. I had another loss in March 2013. I am currently TTA until after my operative hysteroscopy, which will hopefully happen on June 19th. I have a septum that they are going to remove. So I will be TTA until August, probably, but I'm not sure. It depends on what they find, and how long they make me TTA. I am charting, but we're using condoms.

My frustrations at the moment are mostly just frustrations about having 2 losses, and having to wait to TTA again. And I'm really, really nervous about the surgery.

Highs/lows - well, my high this week was that it appears that I have O'd, even though I didn't get my usual pattern. This means I should be good to go for my surgery (since you can't have AF during a hysteroscopy). This is a huge, huge relief!! My lows have been some ugly cries related to planning 2 baby showers that are both next weekend. It's gonna be tough.

QOTW: Oh man, I hate these questions. I guess I would be a sneaker. Casual, no fancy stuff, just a nice, reliable sneaker that won't let you down. 

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    BFP#2 2/27/13. Empty sac confirmed 3/20/13. Mifepristone + cytotec.
    Currently TTA until Fall 2013, waiting for operative hysteroscopy
    Blog   ​Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Can I join you guys?

My story is below.  I'm hoping to only TTA only until July/August, but I'm just going to take it one day at a time right now. 

Some of you know that I have been dealing with some anxiety issues and a possibility that I may have ADD from my posts on other threads. 

The following is mostly a copy/paste fro m my craxy train post from earlier today, so if you read that, you can skip itSmile

Update from my appointment this morning with the therapist - I DO have ADD and would benefit from some "concentration juice" as he said, also known as meds. (will also be learning behavioral correction methods, as the juice is not baby-safe).  I want to try it for a couple of months to get my life back in order before we TTC...

Another shocker from my wonderful therapist - I am still grieving.  I thought I was fine, but I'm not.  All my obsessing and constant checking of TB - I am looking for understanding and comfort (which all of you have provided to me) because my friends and family have moved on and I'm still grieving my LOs.  That being said, he said that he believes that I need to join a live grief group in the area, so I intend to give it a try.  I didn't think I needed that, but he really made a lot of sense.

He also said that I was becoming obsessed with replacement.  I asked what he meant and he said that I was trying to replace my losses.  I replied "no that's not true, we want a baby and this won't be a replacement - I can never replace them."  But the more I let his words sink in, I began to trail off.  I AM trying to fill the hole that was left. 

There is absolutely no doubt that DH and I want a baby more than anything, but I may be rushing it emotionally.  He said "You don't have to conceive again until you are ready."  This really hit home.  I thought I was ready, but now I am just unsure.  I think I need to take some TTA, do some inner-reflection and continue my grieving process.  I feel a bit too unstable right now to TTC.  That being said, I am not planning to TTP either - if it happens, it is meant to be.  I think this is the healthiest approach for me right now...

I'm planning to keep connecting with you ladies, and temping (so I can learn about my body), but I think I will be joining the TTA group for a period of time.  Hopefully not long, but maybe a month or two.  I have become so obsessed with getting KU before my EDD in July that I stopped letting myself grieve and live in general.  I need to remember that getting KU can't fix what happened - yes, it may help me move forward, but I need to be ready.  I will still be around to give ((hugs)), but I need to take a step back right now with my obsession to TTC...  Thanks for reading <3

((hugs))

**Edit** - Totallyforgot QOTD: If you were a shoe, what you would you look like?

this, but teal, instead of coral:)

married my best friend 10/04/08, TTC since July 2012
    BFP#1 Thanksgiving 11/22/12, mo-mo twins(one sac), traditional EDD 7/27/13, EDD due to risk 6/15/13
    mmc Angel 2/7/13 @ 15w3d, mmc Aubrey 2/13/13 @ 16w2d, D&E 2/16/13

BFP#2 9/21/13, EDD 6/2/14, DD born 5/17/14 

imageimage image

All AL always welcome in my threads!

• Options

Warning BPF's (not mine) and babies mentioned~~~~~~~~

HIgh would be only having a 3 day week this week. I was OOT for the long weekend and it was wonderful. My second apple is all the BFP's I came home to. I'm so so happy for all those ladies. 

Onions, I had a few tears when I saw an adorable little girl in a biking stroller with her baby sister. She held her hand and kissed it and the waterworks started. The baby was dressed how I would have dressed Addison and it was especially hard for me.  

Pretty much everything about me is super girly.  

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    LLPtobe YGPM. 

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options

Thank you for running this check-in LLP! I decided to un-bench myself last week. I didn't get the job I was hoping for, and I'm no longer confident that my cycles are going to get shorter, so I think I'm just going to try to work with the cycles I've got and NTNP. 

I hope that your time on the bench passes quickly for all you lovely ladies get to burn your benches. I'll be thinking of and rooting for you!

imageimage
    BFP #1 08/05/12. EDD 4/15/13 m/c 08/27/12
    BFP #2 06/05/13. EDD 2/16/2014 (Team Blue). Baby Wombat born 2/20/2014 7lb. 11oz and 20 in.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Welcome Mrs. E and SandSunBliss. Sorry you have to join us on the bench. It sounds like each of you are doing as well as can be expected. 

SandSunBliss- Your therapist sounds like he knows what he's talking about. H and I do not love ours. We've only been a few times but most of it feels like we are wasting our time and money seeing her. I'm glad to hear when someone has a good one.

Mrs. E I'm so sorry you are frustrated. I can see how you would be overwhelmed and irritated by having to wait on a surgery to determine your TTC schedule. FX they are able to fix things smoothly and you can get back on track and try again when you are ready. I couldn't imagine palnning 2 baby showers!! That is a lot for someone in your position at this moment in time. 

((hugs)) to those who need them.  

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    imageMamaWombat:

Thank you for running this check-in LLP! I decided to un-bench myself last week. I didn't get the job I was hoping for, and I'm no longer confident that my cycles are going to get shorter, so I think I'm just going to try to work with the cycles I've got and NTNP. 

I hope that your time on the bench passes quickly for all you lovely ladies get to burn your benches. I'll be thinking of and rooting for you!

((BIG HUGS)) Mama!! Sorry about the job. My fingers are of course crossed for you!! 

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    LLPtobeLLPtobe member

imageShellyM2011:
    LLPtobe YGPM. 

Back atcha!

Surprise BFP 5/15/12, EDD 1/29/13, mm/c @ 8wks, discovered at 11wks, D&C 7/11/12
    TTA until January 2014
    PGAL/PAL always welcome

• Options
    LLPtobeLLPtobe member
    imageksyknelvr73:

Hey there LLPtobe! Hope you are doing well!

How is everyone this week? Any TTA-related frustrations? I am pretty good, no real TTA frustrations at the moment. I am sure that in a couple weeks if AF hasn't shown that I'll change my tune.

Apples and onions, anyone? What was the high/low of your week? High was having an extra day off work (Monday). Low was just having a few sad moments this week as more and more people seem to be publicly announcing their pregnancies.

QOTD: If you were a shoe, what you would you look like? Bonus points for PIP! I would be a strappy wedge...something that is sexy but still not over-the-top. : ) I wish I could PIP but I can't at work!

Hi hon! I hope that AF shows for you soon so you can get off the bench. I'm sorry you had some sad moments this week. (((hugs)))

As for shoes, I love me some sexy wedges!

TTA until January 2014
    PGAL/PAL always welcome

• Options
    LLPtobeLLPtobe member
    imageMrs.E.07:

Hi LLP and everyone else! I'd like to join, if that's ok.

Hi hon! And welcome (((hugs)))

For those of you who don't know my story, I have been TTC since Sept 2011. I had my first loss in March 2012, which was a total nightmare due to the fact that the pregnancy was in my uterine horn, and it took 3 months for my hCG to go down, etc, etc. I had another loss in March 2013. I am currently TTA until after my operative hysteroscopy, which will hopefully happen on June 19th. I have a septum that they are going to remove. So I will be TTA until August, probably, but I'm not sure. It depends on what they find, and how long they make me TTA. I am charting, but we're using condoms.

My frustrations at the moment are mostly just frustrations about having 2 losses, and having to wait to TTA again. And I'm really, really nervous about the surgery.

More (((hugs))). I'm sorry you're facing another surgery. I would be scared/nervous too. 

Highs/lows - well, my high this week was that it appears that I have O'd, even though I didn't get my usual pattern. This means I should be good to go for my surgery (since you can't have AF during a hysteroscopy). This is a huge, huge relief!! My lows have been some ugly cries related to planning 2 baby showers that are both next weekend. It's gonna be tough.

QOTW: Oh man, I hate these questions. I guess I would be a sneaker. Casual, no fancy stuff, just a nice, reliable sneaker that won't let you down. 

Reliable is good too Smile

TTA until January 2014
    PGAL/PAL always welcome

• Options
    LLPtobeLLPtobe member
    imageSandSunBliss:

Can I join you guys?

Hi hon, and welcome!

My story is below.  I'm hoping to only TTA only until July/August, but I'm just going to take it one day at a time right now. 

Taking one day at a time sounds like a great plan.

Some of you know that I have been dealing with some anxiety issues and a possibility that I may have ADD from my posts on other threads. 

The following is mostly a copy/paste fro m my craxy train post from earlier today, so if you read that, you can skip itSmile

Update from my appointment this morning with the therapist - I DO have ADD and would benefit from some "concentration juice" as he said, also known as meds. (will also be learning behavioral correction methods, as the juice is not baby-safe).  I want to try it for a couple of months to get my life back in order before we TTC...

Another shocker from my wonderful therapist - I am still grieving.  I thought I was fine, but I'm not.  All my obsessing and constant checking of TB - I am looking for understanding and comfort (which all of you have provided to me) because my friends and family have moved on and I'm still grieving my LOs.  That being said, he said that he believes that I need to join a live grief group in the area, so I intend to give it a try.  I didn't think I needed that, but he really made a lot of sense.

He also said that I was becoming obsessed with replacement.  I asked what he meant and he said that I was trying to replace my losses.  I replied "no that's not true, we want a baby and this won't be a replacement - I can never replace them."  But the more I let his words sink in, I began to trail off.  I AM trying to fill the hole that was left. 

There is absolutely no doubt that DH and I want a baby more than anything, but I may be rushing it emotionally.  He said "You don't have to conceive again until you are ready."  This really hit home.  I thought I was ready, but now I am just unsure.  I think I need to take some TTA, do some inner-reflection and continue my grieving process.  I feel a bit too unstable right now to TTC.  That being said, I am not planning to TTP either - if it happens, it is meant to be.  I think this is the healthiest approach for me right now...

I was in the exact same place. I thought I was fine, but I really wasn't. It's a sucky, but important, realization to come to. I hope your TTA time is everything you need it to be. I have found a lot of peace in focusing on things that make me happy right now. I wish the same for you.

I'm planning to keep connecting with you ladies, and temping (so I can learn about my body), but I think I will be joining the TTA group for a period of time.  Hopefully not long, but maybe a month or two.  I have become so obsessed with getting KU before my EDD in July that I stopped letting myself grieve and live in general.  I need to remember that getting KU can't fix what happened - yes, it may help me move forward, but I need to be ready.  I will still be around to give ((hugs)), but I need to take a step back right now with my obsession to TTC...  Thanks for reading <3

((hugs))

**Edit** - Totallyforgot QOTD: If you were a shoe, what you would you look like?

this, but teal, instead of orange:)

LOVE!!! And I actually prefer the orange/coral!

TTA until January 2014
    PGAL/PAL always welcome

• Options
    LLPtobeLLPtobe member
    imageShellyM2011:

Warning BPF's (not mine) and babies mentioned~~~~~~~~

HIgh would be only having a 3 day week this week. I was OOT for the long weekend and it was wonderful. My second apple is all the BFP's I came home to. I'm so so happy for all those ladies. 

Onions, I had a few tears when I saw an adorable little girl in a biking stroller with her baby sister. She held her hand and kissed it and the waterworks started. The baby was dressed how I would have dressed Addison and it was especially hard for me.  

Pretty much everything about me is super girly.  

I'm so glad you had a nice time on your long weekend away! I was also happy for all our grads this week.

Love the shoes! I'm super girly also.

TTA until January 2014
    PGAL/PAL always welcome

• Options
    LLPtobeLLPtobe member
    imageMamaWombat:

Yay for getting off the bench!!!  I'll take you off the list Big Smile

TTA until January 2014
    PGAL/PAL always welcome

• Options
    LLPtobeLLPtobe member
    imageninthgirl:

How is everyone this week? Any TTA-related frustrations? Doing OK. I think my bleeding from the m/c is tapering off - just a little brown spotting left. I really want it to end because then I'll start to have some confidence that it's done. Also as it tapers off I'm getting more and more antsy to TTC again. Right now I just pray a lot, since that's about all I can do (oh, and chart just for info's sake).

(((hugs))) I hope the bleeding stops soon too.

Apples and onions, anyone? What was the high/low of your week? High was probably going to a local arboretum with my little family Monday. We all love being in nature, especially pretty and slightly tamed nature.

The arboretum sounds lovely!!

QOTD: If you were a shoe, what you would you look like? Bonus points for PIP! While I have a super-girly side, I'm an engineer and try to be super-practical, too. And lately I really feel like the shoes I wear most days, my Dansko clogs (so not cool, sexy, or anything else). I'm trying to get my pretty groove back a little, but it's hard! That said I guess practical isn't the worst thing ever.

I work at an engineering school so I completely appreciate practicality. Smile

TTA until January 2014
    PGAL/PAL always welcome

• Options

Hello i am new i am trying tta. Some know my story already. How i lost my baby boy Benjamin a month ago at 31 weeks. My husband said we could try for another one. Benjamin was a wonderful surprise even though we were so not ready but it didn't matter. Anyways we had at first said a year b4 ttc again to give me time to become healthier and emotionally better and ready. I am overweight as the doctors tell me and i am i know. Also have high blood pressure and cholesterol. So i would like to clear up those issues some and eat better and just feel batter before trying again.

But its only been a month and im starting to feel those baby wants but i begin to feel so guilty because i just lost him a month ago. Like i am trying to replace him or something i know that sounds stupid but its so hard i just wish i could turn back time and take him out before he passed away so i could protect him like a mother is suppose to do for her child. i feel like i failed him. so as you can see i am just not ready yet but want to ttc so i decided i might want to try in January because its our half way point to our 3thd anniversary also the beginning of the year so what better way to kick off the new year right?  So thats 8 months from the time i had Ben. We will see how it goes ill keep you updated if this changes.

My frustration right now is I kinda feel my husband dont want to try well he actually said something once when we were talking that in the hospital when he was so upset he really did want to try but now not sure. I know or think he is just scared i hope thats all it is because before Ben he didnt want kids and was not happy about me getting pregnant (it takes to to tango buddy). It took aw hile but he eventually started coming around to it to being a dad he would read and play music to my belly and stuff and when we lost him he was devastated it broke my heart. Now i dont know if he is scared or just reverting back to his no baby ways?

Sorry that was way to long :(

• Options
    Oh and i be a 6 inch stiletto with a ton of bling on it lol 
  • Options
    imageSandSunBliss:

Can I join you guys?

I know how you feel, i am actually scared to try to soon like i am disrespecting Benjamins memory or trying to replace him. people keep telling me i am not but i m just not emotionally ready yet. I suffer from anxiety and depression. Its hard to heal when you have crap like that. I hope you can heal and have your rainbow baby. I dont plan on trying till i think january. But when i do i hope i fall pregnant real fast.  

• Options
    Hey there ladies!

Well I've posted this week about the whole two opinions regarding wait time and being frustrated with that. Good news is June 6 th is when they will drain my cyst on my ovary by using a IVF approach. I'm a little nervous as usually when I have to get cysts removed its actual surgery.

High if my week probably that I actually have dotted CH's on my FF chart. A little late but none the leSs. If all goes right I will have AF before my trip to the beach.

Low if my week my temp dropped a little this morning at 8 dpo. I really hope AF holds off for a couple of says bc a short LP isn't exactly the best news.

I'd be a flip flop relaxed not to serious. Easy to work with :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"