Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Doesn't want to leave the sitters!!!!

So yesterday was the first time that I went to go pick my LO up and he threw a fit when i went to take him home.  Broke my heart!  I got there and he didn't want anything to do with me and when the sitter went to hand him to me he started to cry and kicking and reach for her.  Is this normal? He's only 19 months old!

Re: Doesn't want to leave the sitters!!!!

• Options
    kalettekalette member
    Yes, my mom did daycare and she used to have kids all out hide when their parents came to get them. I think its just that they are having fun and don't want to go.
  • Options
    SusieBWSusieBW member

imagekalette:
    Yes, my mom did daycare and she used to have kids all out hide when their parents came to get them. I think its just that they are having fun and don't want to go.

This.

My DD would almost always rather stay at the sitter's house and play with her friends than come home with me.  Yesterday when I got there to pick her up, she and my friend's son were running through the sprinkler in their underwear.  Who wants to give that up to go home with boring mom to eat dinner?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If I didn't know better I'd think I wrote this. The EXACT thing happened to me yesterday. My LO is also 19 months old. Broke my heart. Once we got home, though, she was just fine. She has so much fun at daycare, I guess I can't blame her. I think it's perfectly normal. :)
  • Options
    mlhw NHmlhw NH member

This is my DS too!  He LOVES his sitter and everything about her house!  He practically jumps out of his carseat the second I unbuckle him in the AM and cries in the PM when I show up.  I just look at it as I'm so happy that he loves it there so much considering he's there close to 40 hours a week.  It reassures me that he's being well taken care of!    Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"