December 2012 Moms
Options

FFFC

I'm cashing in on my Mother's Day gift that I "requested": an afternoon and night off from taking care of DH and LO.  I've got a massage and facial scheduled for tonight (woo-hoo!  haven't done that in years!), am taking myself out for coffee to just be by myself, and will come home to crash on the couch and watch some ultra-girly movie.

The FFFC: I'm trying to decide what to have for dinner: a Blizzard from Dairy Queen, homemade caramel corn, or Chinese take-out.

Let's be honest.  Probably all three.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC

• Options
    I let DD1 go crazy with the bath crayon- on the tub, the shower walls...and that was over a month ago and its still all over the tub and walls. Which means it's been that long since I've cleaned really the bathroom -except for a quick toilet scrub here and there and some quick tub rinses before baths.  :( i just started really scrubbing it today, but both girls started having meltdowns. Maybe in another month I will get to finish cleaning it... I dont care, Id rather play with my girls and sleep when they sleep, than clean the bathroom.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mine is pretty bad. My exH is taking our 10 year old DD camping for a 3 day weekend. She doesn't want to go for 3 days,only 1. I told her to tell her Dad she only wanted to do the one day and see if they could work something out. He told her "suck it up". Well, last night as I was putting her to bed she said she plans on pretending to get sick so they have to leave early. This will cause a huge fight between him and his GF. I explained to her that was wrong and if she didn't want to go she didn't have to,and it was unfair to try to ruin other peoples trip. The flameful part is I didn't warn him. He is going to have a miserable trip and I'm glad.

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't shaved my thighs in over a month. I look ridiculous. I'd rather just stand in the shower, alone at last, than shave. DH is not impressed.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I already want summer to be over. I work with school age kids for the y and summer is my least favorite time of year with this job. I have snotty parents who constantly bi about the program and the staff, yet their awful kid can do no wrong and everything is always our fault. Always.
    My goofy little love. I love you Alexandra Marie.
  • Options
    imageBabar78:
    imageTheEditor:

I'm cashing in on my Mother's Day gift that I "requested": an afternoon and night off from taking care of DH and LO.  I've got a massage and facial scheduled for tonight (woo-hoo!  haven't done that in years!), am taking myself out for coffee to just be by myself, and will come home to crash on the couch and watch some ultra-girly movie.

The FFFC: I'm trying to decide what to have for dinner: a Blizzard from Dairy Queen, homemade caramel corn, or Chinese take-out.

Let's be honest.  Probably all three.

I have been craving this so bad! What recipe do you use? 

Here ya go!

Caramel Corn

INGREDIENTS

7 quarts plain popped popcorn

2 cups brown sugar

1/2 cup light corn syrup

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup margarine

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

Place the popped popcorn into shallow, greased baking pans. You may use roasting pans, jelly roll pans, or disposable roasting pans. Add peanuts to the popped corn (if using). Set aside.

Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, margarine and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring enough to blend. Once the mixture begins to boil, boil for 5 minutes while stirring constantly.

Remove from the heat, and stir in the baking soda and vanilla. The mixture will be light and foamy. Immediately pour over the popcorn in the pans, and stir to coat. Don't worry too much at this point about getting all of the corn coated.

Bake for 1 hour, removing the pans, and giving them each a good stir every 15 minutes. Line the counter top with waxed paper. Dump the corn out onto the waxed paper and separate the pieces.

Allow to cool completely, then store in airtight containers or resealable bags. 

• Options
    1. I am at work and I have a TON to do, and I am on here.
    2. I brought leftovers for lunch b/c I'm trying to be good, and my coworkers got mexican food, so I am having that instead. 
    3. I got a baby gift that I didn't like, so I sold it on ebay (it's not something you can "regift" like clothes or whatever, it's nursery decor stuff that doesn't match anything I did).I guess it's better than hanging on to it and never using it.
    photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    jsoubeljsoubel member
    imageminervacullen:
    I haven't shaved my thighs in over a month. I look ridiculous. I'd rather just stand in the shower, alone at last, than shave. DH is not impressed.

Girl if that's FFFC, I'm el fuego over here because my thighs haven't seen a razor since before I gave birth!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When you're out and you warn someone that you can see their underwear and they give you attitude.  I'm sorry old lady, I didn't think you'd want to show the world your floral granny panties,but, what to I know, I'm a stranger and only know I don't want to see your Camel toe.
  • Options
    imageschumakr:
    I already want summer to be over. I work with school age kids for the y and summer is my least favorite time of year with this job. I have snotty parents who constantly bi about the program and the staff, yet their awful kid can do no wrong and everything is always our fault. Always.

Of course, it is always the other kid's fault, my child is a perfect angel.

Am wondring how many would be weeded out if they were charged a little more for participating in the program (as queen of the world, I would then give discounts to the nice famalies).
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageLittleFish1:
    imageschumakr:

Of course, it is always the other kid's fault, my child is a perfect angel.

Am wondring how many would be weeded out if they were charged a little more for participating in the program (as queen of the world, I would then give discounts to the nice famalies).

Brilliant! What a wonderful idea. I bet this would solve the problem.
    My goofy little love. I love you Alexandra Marie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"