January 2014 Moms
Options

Are you still dying your hair?

I am lucky enough to have zero white hairs on the top of my head and light blond hair.  However, maybe 6 months ago, one of my eyebrows (which is dark blond) suddenly turned mostly white.  It annoyed me, but I started dying both of my eyebrows about every 3 weeks.  I was due for a dying right when I found out I was pregnant.

I haven't dyed them since and have been coloring the white one with pencil, but it doesn't look as good and wears off during the day.  I have read it's okay, but I'm nervous because I have to dye so frequently because apparently there is high hair turnover and the hair is so short that I get a lot of dye on the skin.  And the hair is so stubborn, I have to leave on the dye for the full 40 min.

Anyone here still dying or dyed hair in a previous pregnancy?  I'm not using a super gentle one, it's one for stubborn grey hairs.

I'm already pissed at myself for getting a yeast infection and having to treat it with monistat during such a critical time in the pregnancy (I would like to avoid any drugs during my pregnancy). 

Lilypie - (7gcp)

Lilypie - (S3If)

Re: Are you still dying your hair?

• Options
    I have a lot of gray hair on my head and I am still dying my hair.  And since my hair grows so fast, I have to do it every 4 weeks.  My doc said it is fine so I am not worried.  Right now with the insane bloat and horrible hormonal acne, my self-confidence is in the toilet so I don't want to add a head full of gray hair to the mix!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Like my OB said, unless you plan on eating the dye, you're totally fine getting your hair done.  I did it with all 3 previous pregnancies and actually had my hair highlighted last week (before I even knew I was PG.)  NBD.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just got my hair highlighted on Wednesday and it made me feel fabulous. Cool I did it during my pregnancy with C so I wasn't too worried this time. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I went blonde and am due for a root touch up in a week or two. So yea, I'm still dying my hair.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Options
    Yup, still highlighting my hair. I went last week & they messed up, so I'm going again next week too.
  • Options
    I went last week before getting our BFP and had my color stripped (it was a reddish brown that I really wanted to get rid of), hair dyed and then highlighted. I will definitely be maintaining this color throughout.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP #1 8/1/11, MMC 10/5/11, D&C 11/1/11
     BFP #2 5/28/13, EDD 1/17/14. Elliott - 12/31/13
  • Options
    Yep.  Just went last weekend.  Will go every 8 weeks to touch up.  Doctor is fine with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Just did it last week - my OB told me there was no valid evidence that hair dye is harmful.

If you're worried, see if you can find ammonia-free?  I try to use that when pregnant just 'cause, and last week it covered my grays really well (and I have a LOT of very resistant gray).

DS1 born 08.02.11

DS2 born 12.05.13

• Options
    Mine is getting done TONIGHT!
    image. image. Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Bah, going grey early runs in my family on both sides.  Like, the front left quarter of my head is WHITE and I am only 34.  I have dark hair otherwise, and my hair grows fast, so I usually go in every three weeks.  If I only needed it done once or twice while pregnant, I would probably just do it, but since I will need to go in 11 MORE TIMES while I am pregnant (I just did the math, wow) I will probably try one of those natural dyes they sell at Whole Foods and see if that works.

Has anyone had experience with those?

• Options
    2Dash2Dash member
    I got my hair highlighted right before my BFP so I'm good for awhile.  Also - I don't have grey's yet - but if I did I would be covering them up...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I still dye my hair.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • Options

imageaessary03:
    I went blonde and am due for a root touch up in a week or two. So yea, I'm still dying my hair.

Girl I can't even picture you as a blonde! You are going to have to update at least one of your photos! 

*********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm due for highlights at the end of June, and if I'm still pregnant then, I'll probably go get them done.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagetbbaby1215:
    Mine is getting done TONIGHT!

Me too!! So excited, I missed my last appointment because of work travel, so I am way overdue. It looks awful.  

Married since 2008 Me:36 DH: 35 TTC since August 2011. SA - "good" ultrasound - "excellent" Blood work - "good" Diagnosis: unexplained infertility Starting cycle 1 of clomid 3/27
  • Options
    greenicgreenic member
    I am going tomorrow to get my hair done!
  • Options
    I am still dyeing - but I have an ombre thing going so I actually don't have to touch the scalp, which makes me feel better. Plus my hair dresser said the dye she uses doesn't have ammonia so it's not like I'm inhaling that. Also I don't go as often as I used to, I'm going tomorrow and it should last me till the fall.

• Options
    I would have no problem with it, but I only dye my hair about once every 2 years, so it's not a common occurance with me.  I also try not to do it during pregnancy because my hair changes texture and I don't want to end up with some crazy color because my hair reacted differently then normal.  If it was a more common thing for me to do, then I probably would do it during pregnancy anyway though.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"