Late Term and Child Loss

Loss CheckIn

Hello Ladies!

Welcome to our Friday checkin!

I am sorry to have to welcome new loss moms this week but am so glad that you have found us. I hope we can bring each other some much needed comfort and support. Please feel free to join in when you are ready and share as much or as little as you wish. Also, if you have any questions you would like answered, just ask! Any lurkers out there please don't be shy, we would like to be able to support you too.

Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week?

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal?

QOTW: Have you found any comfort from any books, songs, poems, bible verses, etc. that you would like to share?

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Loss CheckIn

• Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week?  Not really, I haven't gone backwards, but I haven't moved forward much.  This was my fourth week back to work and the first week I didn't call off at all.  But then again I don't have any sick time left, but I am sure if I wanted to call off that badly I would just take an unpaid day.

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal?  Still trying to eat better and exercise, but that hasn't been going so well.

QOTW: Have you found any comfort from any books, songs, poems, bible verses, etc. that you would like to share? Not really, I read a grief book about pregnancy loss, and while I am religious and spiritual, there was a little too much emphasis on it for my taste.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?  I am really hoping I Od this week.  My temp on what probably was 3DPO dipped and threw off my chart.  If my temps stay up, FF will give me CHs on Monday, saying I Od last Sunday so I am really hoping I did.  Hoping for a BFP, but I'll just be happy if I really did O on my own.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? Tiny step by tiny step. Finalized her stone, and ordered it. Visited the cemetery.

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal?
    Continue to take small steps, honor her. Next big step is deal with her clothes/room. We're TTC so it will remain a baby room, but I'm pretty sure we'll be having a boy next and will need to pack her clothes up. I'm in no rush though and will take my sweet time!

QOTW: Have you found any comfort from any books, songs, poems, bible verses, etc. that you would like to share?
    Yes. The following books have been helpful... "Growing Up in Heaven" by James Van praag. New-agey, if your into that. Totally amazing perspective. "Hello from Heaven" about after death communication. "Our Children live On" about stories of children reconnecting with family after death.

I'm fully focused on TTC. And I miss my baby so much. Another friend just had her baby. I think there is one more coming, then a break. No one else is pregnant. Lets see...in my circle of friends and aquaintenses there have been 6 babies since Jan? maybe more..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Loading the player...
  • Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? We put out her wind chimes a few days ago. I had not heard them until I came home from work, they greeted me as I entered the door. 

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Continue to work toward a healthy body.

QOTW: Have you found any comfort from any books, songs, poems, bible verses, etc. that you would like to share? I listened to JJ Heller's song "Your Hands" a lot, and still do. It is a huge comfort. I also found comfort in the verse King David wrote after losing his son 2 Samuel 12:23 "I shall go to him, but he will not return to me." I know I will see her again, even if it may be ages before I get to.

Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? Still very new for me, so waking up and making it through the day is enough for now.  That and making sure that DH and I are able to stay connected/communicate.

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? My first goal is to be able to watch my nephews again (3 1/2 and 1 y/o).  I watch them twice a week to help my sister, but it will be a whole new challenge.  Hoping my niece (18 y/o) will be able to join me and help me out.  DH and I also plan on trying a support group next week. I'm also considering a blog our journal or something just so I can get things out more regularly. 

QOTW: Have you found any comfort from any books, songs, poems, bible verses, etc. that you would like to share? Not yet, but I'm hoping for something soon.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? Everything!  It's still so fresh, so many thing running through my mind still.

BabyFruit Ticker

danielparkerbell.tumblr.com
  • Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week?  well me and my husband has begin to talk about ttc maybe in january. But having to go to the hospital to get surgery just 3 weeks after losing Ben kind of set me back some it was so hard being back, like a very bad dream.

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? Try and heal from my gallbladder surgery and get to the gym finally.

QOTW: Have you found any comfort from any books, songs, poems, bible verses, etc. that you would like to share? I like the song gone to soon by daughtry his lyrics are just how i feel when i cant express how i feel. ALso as a jehovahs wittness i take comfort in know/believing in the resurecction and getting to see my baby boy alive and well. To know right now he is in gods memory and just sleeping right now till he is awaken by god. ( no offence to any other beliefs)

• ((HUGS)) to everyone that needs them this week.

Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? Last week I was a complete basketcase and didn't know if I was ever going to be able to climb out of it...DH and I had an emergency meeting with my pastor last Friday and it REALLY helped...she gave me a lot of good advice and really let me get a lot of stuff out....I feel a thousand times better.

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? trying to get off the remaining babyweight from November so that i will be back at my original weight before we try again.

QOTW: Have you found any comfort from any books, songs, poems, bible verses, etc. that you would like to share? oh gosh....an exact replica of a figment of my imagination was AMAZING...it voiced so many things i was thinking and feeling.  I haven't read I will carry you yet but I just ordered it because I have been going thru Angie Smith's blog and I really like it. 

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? just on getting thru all of this mess again...it is so hard...I am back to cringing around pregnant people I know and wishing that they would have the courtesy to not make their pregnancy the topic of every situation I am forced to be in.  I hate having to be back in this place of hurt and anger.

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week?

I have been trying very hard to focus on the positive things in my life.  I have the most amazing husband.  He loves me so much and he would do absolutely anything for me.  He makes me laugh and we have so much fun together.  I also love my family and my friends and I know I never could have dealt with everything without them.  And I feel grateful that I am now closer with my family than most people will ever be.

My goal is to get back to (or below) my pre-pregnancy weight.  I am 8 lbs away now.  I've lost 12 in 6 weeks, so I think I can do it!  I love to see the results of eating healthy and exercising.  I feel so good about myself when I look in the mirror.  I hope to start my cardio kickboxing class again soon.  There are few things better than a good, sweaty workout!

The song "Every Storm (Runs Out of Rain)" by Gary Allan has comforted me.  Although I will never forget Ava, and the pain will never completely go away, it gives me hope that good things are to come.

I know you're feeling like you just can't win, but you're trying
    It's hard to keep on keepin' on, when you're being pushed around
    Don't even know which way is up, you just keep spinning down, 'round, down...

Every storm runs, runs out of rain
    Just like every dark night turns into day
    Every heartache will fade away
    Just like every storm runs, runs out of rain

So hold your head up and tell yourself that there's something more
    And walk out that door,
    Go find a new rose, don't be afraid of the thorns
    'Cause we all have thorns
    Just put your feet up to the edge, put your face in the wind
    And when you fall back down, keep on rememberin'

Every storm runs, runs out of rain
    Just like every dark night turns into day
    Every heartache will fade away
    Just like every storm runs, runs out of rain

It's gonna run out of pain
    It's gonna run out of sting
    It's gonna leave you alone
    It's gonna set you free
    Set you free

I am having surgery Wednesday to have my uterine septum corrected.  I am SUPER nervous.  But I am hopeful that one day I will have the baby that I long for in my arms.

Ava's Story

BFP#2 10/18/13  Blighted ovum 11/25/13

BFP #3 1/31/14 EDD 10/18/14 -- It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? It's only been 2 weeks since my loss so still taking it one day at a time. I went back to work this week and its been exhausting.

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? Having the discussion with my fiance about if we will try again for a baby right away or wait awhile. We don't want to rush into a decision but we need to decide whether to use BC for awhile or not.

QOTW: Have you found any comfort from any books, songs, poems, bible verses, etc. that you would like to share? I've been constantly listening to one song on a new CD I had bought before this happened. "Make it through" by Tyrone Wells.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?  I ordered a necklace from etsy that should be here in the next few days so I'm excited to have something to wear every day to remind me of our baby.

Not really, going back to work has put me back a lot of steps. 

My goal is to survive work and be able to handle being around my very pregnant friend. I do not know how to achieve this goal, I am hoping that taking it day by day will help. 

The only comfort I am getting right now is being on here and seeing that I am not crazy that other people are having just as hard of time as I am. I thought that I am the only one loosing my mind (not that we are loosing our minds or saying you guys are) it is just that we relate to eachother and understand what we are feeling.

I want to start trying so bad... dh said that he didn't know if he could handle trying right now. I am so mad! I do not think he knows what it means to me to have our baby. I feel like I am hurting more then him and how dare he say that he couldn't handle it right now... doesn't he know how bad I hurt and how bad I need this?  

Julius Justin - 11/07/2002 - 10 lbs 22 in 
    Isabella Genavieve - 02/03/05 - 7 lbs 11 oz 22 in 
    Arianna Kaitlynn - 04/10/2013 - 4 lbs 15 oz 15 in

BFP 08/10/13 
    TWINS!!!! 09/01/13
    Miscarriage at 12 weeks lost baby B 
    Arianna diagnosed with an Ompalocele at 13 weeks
    Arianna our Angel on 04/10/13 
    BFP 07/20/13
    Our Rainbow due 03/18/14 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimage
    not really. Today marked 2 weeks since I learned my Izzie was gone and 1 week since we laid her to rest, so it all feels really new. I think the biggest step DH and I have taken is just to keep living and trying to do what we would normally.

I don't have a new, immediate goal. I know I have to go through her things and start planning a return to work, but I am still just trying to get through a day without crying.

one of the first songs that kept coming to me when I first saw my sweet baby girl was Smile by Nat King Cole.

Smile though your heart is aching
    Smile even though it's breaking.
    When there are clouds in the sky
    you'll get by.

If you smile through your fear and sorrow
    Smile and maybe tomorrow
    You'll see the sun come shining through
    For you.

Light up your face with gladness,
    Hide every trace of sadness.
    Although a tear may be ever so near
    That's the time you must keep on trying
    Smile, what's the use of crying.
    You'll find that life is still worthwhile
    If you just smile

my mind is still occupied with the "why" of this whole situation. So far the doctors have no medical explanation for why my Izzie's heart just stopped at 34 weeks. And I am struggling to understand why something like this happens on a spiritual level. I feel so lost and confused by this whole situation and having zero answers certainly doesn't help.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"