Pregnant after 35
Options

Baby Registry Time

When is a good time to start? I never did one with my first three and as I thought I was done, here I am pregnant with my fourth. I saved onesies and blankets with my other children but I have absolutely nothing now. One of my friends were hinting a baby shower for me, so I was wondering should I do it around then. I'm only 15 weeks, so it's still early to me. Too be quite honest, I haven't even looked at websites or magazines of the latest trends or anything.

Re: Baby Registry Time

• Options
    There is so much stuff, so I made an online one and stated my investigation early product by product. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know how you feel about not having anything. I don't know much older your other children are than this little one but I had my daughter and son 13 years apart so I had nothing when he came along. This time I have stuff saved but of course if I have girl this time I'm back at the drawing board. I think setting up your registery a month or so before your baby shower would be good. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My children are 15boy, 10girl and 4girl. I have a guy feeling this is a girl too but I gave away everything from stroller to crib to clothes to charity, etc. This little one was a total surprise. I will take a look at some things but will probably wait until close to the baby shower to register.

imagegallegowedding:
    I know how you feel about not having anything. I don't know much older your other children are than this little one but I had mynbsp;daughter and sonnbsp;13 years apart so I had nothing when he came along. This time I have stuff savednbsp;but of course if I have girl this timenbsp;I'm back at the drawing board. I think setting up your registery a month or so before your baby shower would be good.nbsp;
  • Options
    I'm due in November so I will probably start late August or early September. I can imagine how much stuff has changed.

imagemlamping:
    There is so much stuff, so I made an online one and stated my investigation early product by product.nbsp;
  • Options
    I'm due in October, but baby shower is in late July so I just did my registry this week. My sister is throwing my shower for me and she is keeping me on task lol...

• Options

I bought a Baby Bargains book to help me research everything.  This is my first pregnancy (SD9 lives with us full time), so we are starting from scratch.  My goal this weekend is to figure out the cribs.  Apparently, there can be up to a 14 week delivery time on them.  I know the kiddos won't need it immediately, but I'd like the nursery mostly set up by the time they arrive since I don't imagine I'll have a lot of time to do it after that.

My sister gave me a bunch of stuff from her sons.  I still need to go through the bags of mostly clothes and blankets.  I have a feeling that we won't need to buy clothes for the kids.  But the strollers, car seats, bottles, etc. make my brain spin.  Plus we have to buy a minivan since we're having twins and we both drive compact cars!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have wandered the isles a few times while shopping at Target...my DH found a set he really likes so I have a friend that works there keeping an eye on it in case if goes on clearance....the change over there depts. twice a year so we don't want to miss out on his set regardless of if its a boy or girl. 

Registering closer to your shower date is prob a great idea just so that things will hopefully not change at the store, have fun though cause its one of the best parts!

We have to start over as well I have 2 DD's 13 and 10 =) crazy to think I am starting all over again!

BabyName TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
  • Options
    GuennieGuennie member
    I already started ours because I wanted to be able to take my time and do it at a relaxed pace over time. I didn't want to get stressed out trying to do it all at once. I'll wait until 3rd tri to give out the info.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    GuennieGuennie member
    ...I'm starting with just the basics that I know they always carry, then I'll add extras later.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"