October 2011 Moms
Options

FFFC

The kid is sleeping in this morning and I don't know what to do with myself so I'll get this started. Let's hear those juicy confessions!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FFFC

• Options

Last week I saw the video of Benedict Cumberbatch's deleted shower scene...

Later that night I had a ridiculously steamy pregnancy dream about him...I mean it still gets my heart racing thinking about it.   It was goooooood.  

I may or may not have hounded DH to take me to see the movie over the weekend.  Because, I mean I love Star Trek.....Wink

• Options
    I confess more than once this week while mh works I've taken dd for a car ride to put hert to sleep instead of dealing with bedtime battles. even though she's been going down okay it's still easier!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KrisM86KrisM86 member
    I confess that I'm desperate for a few hours out by myself. I feel like I've been stuck in this house with the kids forever. I realized that in the last five and a half weeks, I have left the house by myself exactly one time and that was for about 30 minutes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've been a SAHM for two weeks and I can definitely say I wouldn't be cut out for doing this full time. I like being a working mom. I get exhausted and stressed out just thinking about SAH for another 8 weeks with Abby and DD#2.
  • Options
    imageanasazi17:
    nbsp;Last week I saw the video of Benedict Cumberbatch's deleted shower scene...Later that night I had a ridiculously steamy pregnancy dream about him...I mean it still gets my heart racing thinking about it. nbsp; It was goooooood.nbsp;nbsp; I may or may not have hounded DH to take me to see the movie over the weekend.nbsp; Because, I mean I love Star Trek.....[;]

He has a really nice man chest. You should definitely go to Star Trek.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    I'm going OOT for the weekend. I'm really excited but even more nervous. I took time away from N last September, but this time seems way more difficult. All of the chances of storms today are not helping, either.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options

imagemissyishere:
    imageanasazi17:
    nbsp;Last week I saw the video of Benedict Cumberbatch's deleted shower scene...Later that night I had a ridiculously steamy pregnancy dream about him...I mean it still gets my heart racing thinking about it. nbsp; It was goooooood.nbsp;nbsp; I may or may not have hounded DH to take me to see the movie over the weekend.nbsp; Because, I mean I love Star Trek.....[;]
    He has a really nice man chest. You should definitely go to Star Trek.

Oh, I did!

For the record...I really like Star Trek too...not just BC's lovely man chest!  

• Options
    I am finally confessing to having full blown depression. I've been here before and should have recognized it sooner. I have been isolating myself for months and finally realized that my brain is split in two, my intellect recognizes what's going on and knows what I need to do to help, but my emotions continue to get in the way.

I'm making the necessary phone calls today. First to my OB and then to our EAP services to set something up. I admitted to DH last night that I've had thoughts along the lines that I generally feel like everyone in my life would be better off without me. I would never hurt myself but still. It needs to be gotten under control before DD2 arrives.

Sorry for the long post I needed to get this off my brain. Thanks for listening.
  • Options
    I'm letting E watch tv in bed while eating Cheerios this morning! I'm just to lazy to get out of bed and we are suppose to leave in 45 minutes..
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagelisamonkee11:
    I am finally confessing to having full blown depression. I've been here before and should have recognized it sooner. I have been isolating myself for months and finally realized that my brain is split in two, my intellect recognizes what's going on and knows what I need to do to help, but my emotions continue to get in the way.

I'm making the necessary phone calls today. First to my OB and then to our EAP services to set something up. I admitted to DH last night that I've had thoughts along the lines that I generally feel like everyone in my life would be better off without me. I would never hurt myself but still. It needs to be gotten under control before DD2 arrives.

Sorry for the long post I needed to get this off my brain. Thanks for listening.

Oh, hon. I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I'm also glad you're seeking help. Depression is a sonuva. Don't hesitate to come here to let it out.

imageimage

• Options
    amyc216amyc216 member

Sorry you've been having a rough time lately Lisa!  Hope you are feeling better soon!

My confession is gross-- I set my plate down the other day and went to close the curtains and my cat started licking my dinner.  I shooed her off and wasn't sure what she licked, so I ate it anyway.  Embarrassed

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    rous27rous27 member
    Lisa, I'm sorry you are having a tough time. But I'm also glad that you recognize what is going on and getting help. We are here if you ever need us for support.
  • Options
    Lisamonkee, I totally understand how you feel. I'm sorry you're going through this. I hope you are able to get the help and support you need. Remember we are always here if you need us. You're not alone!
  • Options

Lisa, I'm sorry you are going through this. I had a really hard time after I weaned and I got some meds that are helping immensely. I really feel that the turning point for me was talking about it to some of the girls here. If you ever want to talk, I'm here.

My confession is that H and I are not handling the stress of house buying well. We have been extremely snappy with each other and I've just been working late a lot rather than deal with it.  

Richard Simmons gif
  • Options

Lisa, I am sorry you are going through this.   As PP have said, we are all here for you if you need anything!! 

I'm glad you will be getting the support you need :-)  

• Options

My sister is due in August and is gaining a lot of weight this time around.  This makes me soooo happy.Devil  She lost all her baby weight form her son really quick but she has so much more to lose this time.  After  I had Oliver she made so many hurtful comments about my weight, I know she was she was only 18, but still.

It will be nice to be the skinny sister again.  I will not make comments, just have a inner vengeance dance.

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Options
    amyc216amyc216 member
    imageRichard Slap:

My confession is that H and I are not handling the stress of house buying well. We have been extremely snappy with each other and I've just been working late a lot rather than deal with it.  

I hear ya on this one!  We are building a house and it is maddening!  Every time I gripe about the builders to DH he gets mad and tells me to "relax".  It makes me want to strangle him!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageRichard Slap:
    Lisa, I'm sorry you are going through this. I had a really hard time after I weaned and I got some meds that are helping immensely. I really feel that the turning point for me was talking about it to some of the girls here. If you ever want to talk, I'm here.My confession is that H and I are not handling the stress of house buying well. We have been extremely snappy with each other and I've just been working late a lot rather than deal with it. nbsp;

It will be over soon. Soon. Then drink everything.

imageimage

• Options

Lisa, wishing you the best through the treatment you are seeking out.

Pear -- MH and I have had the same issues as we've been planning out all the details of building our new house. The past 2 weeks have been crazy stressful. I totally feel you on this one. 

• Options

imagelisamonkee11:
    I am finally confessing to having full blown depression. I've been here before and should have recognized it sooner. I have been isolating myself for months and finally realized that my brain is split in two, my intellect recognizes what's going on and knows what I need to do to help, but my emotions continue to get in the way. I'm making the necessary phone calls today. First to my OB and then to our EAP services to set something up. I admitted to DH last night that I've had thoughts along the lines that I generally feel like everyone in my life would be better off without me. I would never hurt myself but still. It needs to be gotten under control before DD2 arrives. Sorry for the long post I needed to get this off my brain. Thanks for listening.

((HUGS))

• Options
    imageRichard Slap:

Lisa, I'm sorry you are going through this. I had a really hard time after I weaned and I got some meds that are helping immensely. I really feel that the turning point for me was talking about it to some of the girls here. If you ever want to talk, I'm here.

With our current house it took 6 months to close, the last three we were fighting with banks, our bank and the other real estate agent and it was extremely frustrating.  In the end the house was worth the stress.  Just remember you guys are on the same side of the battle. 

• Options
    Kujay I think we became SAHMs at the same time and I am feeling the opposite. I never want to work again lol. To each their own!

Lisa hugs to you. I battle depression/anxiety also but meds help. Hope you feel better soon.

Plus one to the fighting over house stuff with husband club. We are trying to house hunt, I don't think we have enough money to make an offer but MH does. I'm afraid we're going to be stuck at MILs forever.

No real confessions here.

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a 5 hour energy drink addict.
  • Options

imagepennysuedog:

I've wanted to try it but for some reason in my head I think it tastes like medicine. What does it really taste like? 

• Options
    imagecantalopes24:

imagepennysuedog:

I've wanted to try it but for some reason in my head I think it tastes like medicine. What does it really taste like? 

I get the berry kind and it is nasty. I just slam it down though.

• Options

imageAngLK987:
    I confess more than once this week while mh works I've taken dd for a car ride to put hert to sleep instead of dealing with bedtime battles. even though she's been going down okay it's still easier!

MH puts Violet to bed and if he is not home, I give V a bottle filled with water to get her to sleep.

• Options
    imageSuperDeDuper:

I echo what others have said Lisa. I'm sorry you're having a rough time but am really glad you're reaching out. I hope your OB and/or EAP get you what you need, good for you for contacting them.

imagecantalopes24:

imagepennysuedog:

I can't even stand the syrup/medicine smell of things like RedBull.  The idea of those 5 hour energy drinks freaks me out.  Honestly though, it's just a little bottle so do you just slam it all at once?

Yup! Then I do a Pepsi chaser.  I'm all about good nutrition.

• Options

s/o caffeine, I don't think I can ingest any other caffeine other than coffee anymore.  That other stuff gives me the shakes and pewps.

imageimage

• Options

Lisa- I'm sorry you're dealing with this. It's good you're getting help. Please feel free to vent and talk here ;)

PEar- Homebuying is stressful. We placed an offer on our house in October and didn't close until February...it was long and waiting sucked but it was worth it. I hope you guys can get everything settled soon and relax in your new place ;)

Penny-I never had anything against 5 hour energy until they showed the commercial with all the vegetables and bananas going into the container. It straight up pissed me off. "It's like a cup of coffee with vitamins..." The CEO also won't disclose how much caffeine is in it because he things people are stupid to understand what milligrams are. My brother drinks it and loves it. To clarify, I have no judgment to those who are drinking it but their adds and CEO piss me off!

My confession, I keep leaving the gate on the stairs open. I'm not afriad of N climbing the stairs, she does just fine. I just don't like her playing upstairs without me and I'm tired of going up and down the stairs...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagepennysuedog:

My sister loves and buys them by the six-pack.  I only drink them before I go out and I know it's going to be a long night. Which is my confession, because I probably shouldn't be combining them with alcohol.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Ms.JadeMs.Jade member

I'm working from home today and I confess that 

1. I will probably do only about 2 hours of work. I have a ton of comp time so I don't feel guilty, but I am just lazy and beyond today

2. E is having a TV day. If she'll watch it, I'll turn it on.

3. I'm watching the clock to see when I can order a pepperoni pizza.

4. I'm also planning to have a rootbeer float at some point 

5. I'm most excited about the food truck and outdoor kids movie event we're going to tonight! 

• Options
    Deez10Deez10 member

I've been MIA for months but am really going to try and stay active this time around.  I forgot how nice it is to see how other Oct. 11 LO's are doing and I've missed the board.

Lisa, I am so sorry you are suffering right now and glad you are doing what you need to do.  ((hugs)) to you, please keep reaching out when you need to and I hope you feel better very soon.

My confessions:

1. another Oct. 11 mom posted last week (I think it was crystal) that their LO wasn't talking yet and that the posts about other LO's speaking sentences were making her feel kind of bad and she avoids those posts.  I'm right there with you, OP!  DS just doesn't talk yet.  He has a few words and he signs.  He knows objects and knows exactly what we are saying to him, but he won't talk!  The pedi said she isn't concerned based off the rest of his development (he's just more physical at this point, the talking will come soon - or so she said) and I trust her opinion - but I completely empathize with that post and could have written it myself.

2. baby fever hit me square in the face a few weeks ago (right after DS turned 19 months).  We don't plan on TTC for a few years because I am going to SAH with our next baby and not return to work - so we have to pay off our remaining debt before we actively start trying.  I know I'll be so glad we waited because I really want to stay home, but I'm so antsy that I have been entertaining the thought of having my IUD removed and leaving things to fate.  DH doesn't care when we start trying as long as we have another... so technically, we are waiting because I refuse to face returning to work from maternity leave ever again. 

EDITED TO ADD: this post pushed me out of newbie status! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageDeez10:

I've been MIA for months but am really going to try and stay active this time around.  I forgot how nice it is to see how other Oct. 11 LO's are doing and I've missed the board.

Lisa, I am so sorry you are suffering right now and glad you are doing what you need to do.  ((hugs)) to you, please keep reaching out when you need to and I hope you feel better very soon.

My confessions:

1. another Oct. 11 mom posted last week (I think it was crystal) that their LO wasn't talking yet and that the posts about other LO's speaking sentences were making her feel kind of bad and she avoids those posts.  I'm right there with you, OP!  DS just doesn't talk yet.  He has a few words and he signs.  He knows objects and knows exactly what we are saying to him, but he won't talk!  The pedi said she isn't concerned based off the rest of his development (he's just more physical at this point, the talking will come soon - or so she said) and I trust her opinion - but I completely empathize with that post and could have written it myself.

2. baby fever hit me square in the face a few weeks ago (right after DS turned 19 months).  We don't plan on TTC for a few years because I am going to SAH with our next baby and not return to work - so we have to pay off our remaining debt before we actively start trying.  I know I'll be so glad we waited because I really want to stay home, but I'm so antsy that I have been entertaining the thought of having my IUD removed and leaving things to fate.  DH doesn't care when we start trying as long as we have another... so technically, we are waiting because I refuse to face returning to work from maternity leave ever again. 

EDITED TO ADD: this post pushed me out of newbie status! 

Welcome back!

• Options
    jwls84jwls84 member
    imageRichard Slap:
    Lisa, I'm sorry you are going through this. I had a really hard time after I weaned and I got some meds that are helping immensely. I really feel that the turning point for me was talking about it to some of the girls here. If you ever want to talk, I'm here.My confession is that H and I are not handling the stress of house buying well. We have been extremely snappy with each other and I've just been working late a lot rather than deal with it. nbsp;

Buying and selling sucks! We have been looking for months and every time we put in an offer we fight! I just want to get it over with and DH thinks its fine to wait it out! We put an offer in the other week and we were out bid. I am so sick of bidding wars!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Deez10Deez10 member

Thanks penny!

I have one more confession (pretty surprised I'm going to put this out there but I'm really excited that I've finally made up my mind so.. what the hell...)

I'm going to try and become a  gestational carrier once DH and I have completed our own family. A lot of different things have led to this decision - our own infertility struggle, the horror stories my mom has from when she was TTC, having a very close friend who is unable to carry her own children, having a supportive husband who is completely on board, and just feeling like this is something I'm meant to do for someone (that coupled with the fact that although I struggled to conceive - pregnancy was not a problem at all, it treated me very well, and I really enjoyed every second - if the next one goes as well, my decision will be validated even more).  This little "blurb" of a confession seems to minimize all the difficult aspects of becoming a GC and carrying a baby that you are not the parent of (and birthing a baby you will be immediately handing over to the rightful parents)... I just know this is something I'm capable of and I truly hope it comes to be and that I can help a struggling couple have their baby someday.

*Edited to replace surrogate with gestational carrier.  Got a little too excited to share and didn't use the proper verbage. Stick out tongue

• Options
    Mrs. MoMrs. Mo member
    One of my cousins has really strange looking kids. I always look at them and try to find the cute but they just look....strange.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    imageDeez10:

Thanks penny!

I have one more confession (pretty surprised I'm going to put this out there but I'm really excited that I've finally made up my mind so.. what the hell...)

I'm going to try and become a  gestational carrier once DH and I have completed our own family. A lot of different things have led to this decision - our own infertility struggle, the horror stories my mom has from when she was TTC, having a very close friend who is unable to carry her own children, having a supportive husband who is completely on board, and just feeling like this is something I'm meant to do for someone (that coupled with the fact that although I struggled to conceive - pregnancy was not a problem at all, it treated me very well, and I really enjoyed every second - if the next one goes as well, my decision will be validated even more).  This little "blurb" of a confession seems to minimize all the difficult aspects of becoming a GC and carrying a baby that you are not the parent of (and birthing a baby you will be immediately handing over to the rightful parents)... I just know this is something I'm capable of and I truly hope it comes to be and that I can help a struggling couple have their baby someday.

*Edited to replace surrogate with gestational carrier.  Got a little too excited to share and didn't use the proper verbage. Stick out tongue

One of my friends is in the process right now. She has been selected by a couple and has met with them. If all goes well, she will be knocked up by the end of the summer. 

My confession is I have a really hard time with what she is doing. I know she has thought it through, and her reasons for doing it are selfless and good. I just can't get over the idea that it will cause her some marital discord and confuse her two sons.  When she talks about it and all the other girls are telling her how happy they are that the process is moving forward, I just bite my tongue. I want to be a supportive friend, but I am struggling.

• Options
    joolz17joolz17 member

Lisa, I echo everyone else here and commend you for being proactive! You are awesome. 

Woodsie - I am terrified for July (when I'll have G with me four days a week) and August (when my husband doesn't take Fridays off anymore and I'll have G five days a week)!! It helps to know that I can go back to work earlier if I can't hack it. Pfft. I'm sure once we get into a groove it'll be great, but until then, yikes. Oh, and plus the dog! 

• Options
    Deez10Deez10 member
    imageStewartandmaura:

My confession is I have a really hard time with what she is doing. I know she has thought it through, and her reasons for doing it are selfless and good. I just can't get over the idea that it will cause her some marital discord and confuse her two sons.  When she talks about it and all the other girls are telling her how happy they are that the process is moving forward, I just bite my tongue. I want to be a supportive friend, but I am struggling.

Is her husband on board with her doing this - like, all the way on board?  If DH doubted even one little tiny piece of this, I'd never think about it again.  I need him to support me 100% or else it just wouldn't work.  I'm sorry you're struggling with your friend's situation but I appreciate your honesty and I hope everything goes well for her. 

• Options

imagecrystaladult:
    5-Hour Energy drinks are gross but they're actually pretty healthy for you. The main effective ingredient in them is B-12.

I drink the Advocare energy stuff. I love it and hate that other stuff. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"