TTC After a Loss

*~*~*Couch to 5K check-in*~*~*

*~*~*Welcome to the Couch to 5K check-in!*~*~*

This is a check-in to help support ladies who are participating in the Couch to 5K running program.  If you are just beginning the program, already participating in the program, or want to give support to others who are running...come on in!  We will be checking-in on Fridays to give updates on the week of running and motivate us through the weekend.

A great website for beginners to the program, doing the program with treadmill intervals, and podcasts for the program is: https://www.c25k.com/. There are also some great apps available for free that allow you to use your own music, for example C25K by Zen Labs.

GTKY--Week 1: Tell us all little about yourself, your running experience, and why you are deciding to participate in the Couch to 5K program.

Motivational Quote of the Week: 

"Once you are real, you can't become unreal again.  It lasts for always." ~ The Velveteen Rabbit

*8.3.13*  mc @ 6-7 weeks {natural mc at 12 weeks}
*3.14.14*  mc @ 5-6 weeks DnC {blood clotting disorder discovered}
*8.7.14* mc @ 6 weeks DnC {uterine septum removed March '14)
*3.17.15* mc @ 7 weeks DnC {genetic testing & meeting with a new RE in Jan '15}
*8.31.16* mc @ 8 weeks DnC {genetic testing, new medications upon next pregnancy}
*7.17.16* praying everyday for my rainbow baby {progesterone supplements, blood thinning injections}

Re: *~*~*Couch to 5K check-in*~*~*

• mara005mara005 member

GTKY--Week 1: Tell us all little about yourself, your running experience, and why you are deciding to participate in the Couch to 5K program.

Hello, I'm Ashley and I have zero running experience, other than sports while in high school. I decided to do the program because I've had weight loss surgery 8 months ago and I'm finally in a place (weight wise) where I know I can complete the program. Today I did week 4 day 3, but I'm going to repeat this week because I'm not ready to move on to week 5. 

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• GTKY--Week 1: Tell us all little about yourself, your running experience, and why you are deciding to participate in the Couch to 5K program.

I'm Lianna and I have absolutely no running experience! I even tried to get out of running the required mile in high school because I hated it so much.  I have always wanted to be a "runner" and just feel as though running is a great stress reliever.  I decided to sign up for a Color Run in September and want to actually run the whole thing, so I figured to the Couch25K would be a great program to help me prepare for it.  I have finally reached a weight where it doesn't hurt to jog/run so this feels like the best time to do this for me.  I also have three friends doing the Color Run with me, so I have lots of motivation to keep this up!
    "Once you are real, you can't become unreal again.  It lasts for always." ~ The Velveteen Rabbit

*8.31.16* mc @ 8 weeks DnC {genetic testing, new medications upon next pregnancy}
    *7.17.16* praying everyday for my rainbow baby {progesterone supplements, blood thinning injections}

• Loading the player...
  • imagemara005:

Hello, I'm Ashley and I have zero running experience, other than sports while in high school. I decided to do the program because I've had weight loss surgery 8 months ago and I'm finally in a place (weight wise) where I know I can complete the program. Today I did week 4 day 3, but I'm going to repeat this week because I'm not ready to move on to week 5. 

Hi, Ashley! Glad to have another morning bird on our hands! :) I am also happy that you are somewhat through the program because your experience will totally help people who are just starting out (like me)! What are you using to keep your time and pace? A phone app or something else? I am going to be using C25K which allows me to listen to my own music which I think will be less annoying than techno (I have heard that's the kind of music on podcasts). 

• Thanks for starting up the check-in LiaMadi!  

GTKY--Week 1: Tell us all little about yourself, your running experience, and why you are deciding to participate in the Couch to 5K program. 

This is not my first time starting Couch to 5K, but hopefully it will be my first time finishing it!  I have gone through many spurts of running in my life, but never made it beyond about a mile straight or 3 miles with run/walk intervals.  I get shin splints, so my task this weekend is to find a good pair of running shoes.  MH has forbidden me from starting until I get new shoes since my current running shoes are about 7 years old (although, to be fair, they don't have all that many miles on them :p)

I'm super excited to get started and I'm hoping that this check-in will be the support we all need to make it to our 5K!

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #1 1/29/13, EDD 10/9/13 
    MMC discovered at 10 weeks (baby measured 9 weeks) D&C on 3/16/13 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
    BFP #3  8/11/14  EDD 4/22/14
  • I'm so excited to have accountability partners while doing this!

My name is Jenn and although I'm thin and everyone thinks I must be fit, I'm far from it. I am one of the most inactive people I know and I want to change that. This will be my 3rd time starting the C25K program but hope that I will actually finish it this time. I started it is April 2011 after my second loss and lasted all of a week. I then started it in April of this year and got half way through week 4 before shin splints benched me for a couple weeks. Since then, I just haven't been able to get back into it.

I have a 5K run tomorrow that I signed up for in April, thinking I would be done the program by now and ready for it. But thanks to the shin splints and my lack of motivation these past few weeks, I'm so totally not. I'm actually pretty nervous of how I will do. Tongue Tied

That being said, I plan on restarting C25K from the beginning next week. I really want to complete the whole program this time and I'm hoping participating in this check-in will help keep me motivated. I did actually enjoy the running after my first few runs, so I'm hoping to get back to that point.

I use the C25K app by Zen labs on my iPhone and I love it. It's easy to use and lets you listen to all of your own music while running, but interupts to tell you when to run or walk.

Thanks LiaMadi for running this check-in!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageLaRomana09:

Thanks for starting up the check-in LiaMadi!  

GTKY--Week 1: Tell us all little about yourself, your running experience, and why you are deciding to participate in the Couch to 5K program. 

This is not my first time starting Couch to 5K, but hopefully it will be my first time finishing it!  I have gone through many spurts of running in my life, but never made it beyond about a mile straight or 3 miles with run/walk intervals.  I get shin splints, so my task this weekend is to find a good pair of running shoes.  MH has forbidden me from starting until I get new shoes since my current running shoes are about 7 years old (although, to be fair, they don't have all that many miles on them :p)

I'm super excited to get started and I'm hoping that this check-in will be the support we all need to make it to our 5K!

Ugh, shin splints are the worst. That's what benched me for 3 weeks during my last attempt at C25K. I have orthotics now and am being more faithful with my stretching so I'm hoping to avoid them this time around. Good luck on your running shoe hunt!

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

• imagemara005:

Week 4 is brutal. That's where I got stuck last time too. Although the shin splints made me stop for a few weeks, I totally would have had to do week 4 twice before moving on. It's a killer!

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• imageLiaMadi1:

I'm Lianna and I have absolutely no running experience! I even tried to get out of running the required mile in high school because I hated it so much.  I have always wanted to be a "runner" and just feel as though running is a great stress reliever.  I decided to sign up for a Color Run in September and want to actually run the whole thing, so I figured to the Couch25K would be a great program to help me prepare for it.  I have finally reached a weight where it doesn't hurt to jog/run so this feels like the best time to do this for me.  I also have three friends doing the Color Run with me, so I have lots of motivation to keep this up!

I love that you have signed up for a Colour Run in September! And that should give you plenty of time to complete the program. I might have to start researching runs in my area for the fall.

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• imagejenn0021:
    imageLaRomana09:

Ugh, shin splints are the worst. That's what benched me for 3 weeks during my last attempt at C25K. I have orthotics now and am being more faithful with my stretching so I'm hoping to avoid them this time around. Good luck on your running shoe hunt!

Thanks, I also have compression sleeves for my calves for while I run and ice compression sleeves for afterwards, I highly recommend both! 

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #1 1/29/13, EDD 10/9/13 
    MMC discovered at 10 weeks (baby measured 9 weeks) D&C on 3/16/13 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
    BFP #3  8/11/14  EDD 4/22/14
  •  Yay for the check-in! Thanks for running this LiaMadi!

I did the C25K program in 2010 and finished from a time standpoint, but I fell short of 3.1 miles in the 30 minutes allotted. This time, I'm doing a Zero to 10K program, which trains you to run for an hour. MH is doing a Disney half marathon in November along with some friends. I have no desire to do *anything* for 3 hours, let alone running, so I signed up for the Jingle Jungle 5K that weekend. Can't wait!

Looking forward to keeping my motivation going with this group! 

*** TW ***
    2013: BFP #1 - M/C 3/13
    2014: IVF #1-4 = BFFN
    2015: Dance break = got healthy
    7/2016: IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Hello!!  Thanks for doing the check-in Lia!!  

A little about me:

I only ran in HS (10 years ago) for sports and honestly feel like just going out for a run is a waste of time and stupid.  haha  (in case you can't tell, I have a really bad attitude about it!)  I started running Spring 2012 and ran two 5Ks last summer but a winter of eating and not working out has led me to gain 15 lbs. and fall back out of shape.  

I have always dreamed of doing a Color Run and there is one tomorrow that I was planning on participating in but with our cold, crummy spring, I haven't been able to get outside and train...  I'm really disappointed in myself that I didn't have enough motivation to just do it.    

MH tries to encourage me and usually ends up pushing me to the point of frustration that I just say nope, not doing it, so it will be nice to have some ladies to encourage me instead.   

I will be starting from the beginning so hopefully I can learn something from those of you who have already started!  Looking forward to this with you all!! 

BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • imageLaRomana09:

you will have to let us know about the new shoes and how they work out...and good pair of shoes is probably the make or break point for running! 

• imagejenn0021:

I'm so excited to have accountability partners while doing this!

My name is Jenn and although I'm thin and everyone thinks I must be fit, I'm far from it. I am one of the most inactive people I know and I want to change that. This will be my 3rd time starting the C25K program but hope that I will actually finish it this time. I started it is April 2011 after my second loss and lasted all of a week. I then started it in April of this year and got half way through week 4 before shin splints benched me for a couple weeks. Since then, I just haven't been able to get back into it.

I have a 5K run tomorrow that I signed up for in April, thinking I would be done the program by now and ready for it. But thanks to the shin splints and my lack of motivation these past few weeks, I'm so totally not. I'm actually pretty nervous of how I will do. Tongue Tied

That being said, I plan on restarting C25K from the beginning next week. I really want to complete the whole program this time and I'm hoping participating in this check-in will help keep me motivated. I did actually enjoy the running after my first few runs, so I'm hoping to get back to that point.

I use the C25K app by Zen labs on my iPhone and I love it. It's easy to use and lets you listen to all of your own music while running, but interupts to tell you when to run or walk.

Thanks LiaMadi for running this check-in!

I am so happy to have ladies so are "veteran" to this program!  I am also happy to hear that C25K has been helpful to you! I'm sure tomorrow will be fine...but the next one will be better! ;) 

• imagescooteriste:

Yay for the check-in! Thanks for running this LiaMadi!

I did the C25K program in 2010 and finished from a time standpoint, but I fell short of 3.1 miles in the 30 minutes allotted. This time, I'm doing a Zero to 10K program, which trains you to run for an hour. MH is doing a Disney half marathon in November along with some friends. I have no desire to do *anything* for 3 hours, let alone running, so I signed up for the Jingle Jungle 5K that weekend. Can't wait!

Looking forward to keeping my motivation going with this group! 

I have heard that the Disney half marathon is SO much fun!!! Good for him! It helps when you have a goal you are training for, whether it is just for excerise or for a specific run you are aiming for. :). The Jingle Jungle also sounds like a blast!

• mara005mara005 member
    imageLiaMadi1:
    imagemara005:

Hi, Ashley! Glad to have another morning bird on our hands! :) I am also happy that you are somewhat through the program because your experience will totally help people who are just starting out (like me)! What are you using to keep your time and pace? A phone app or something else? I am going to be using C25K which allows me to listen to my own music which I think will be less annoying than techno (I have heard that's the kind of music on podcasts). 

I use a program on my phone, called RunDouble (on a droid). I either listen to youtube videos or music that's on my phone. 

BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)

BabyFruit Ticker

• mara005mara005 member
    imagejenn0021:
    imagemara005:

Week 4 is brutal. That's where I got stuck last time too. Although the shin splints made me stop for a few weeks, I totally would have had to do week 4 twice before moving on. It's a killer!

Yeah, it's no piece of cake for a chubby like me, but I'm doing it!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagePatientlyWaiting10:

Hello!!  Thanks for doing the check-in Lia!!  

A little about me:

I only ran in HS (10 years ago) for sports and honestly feel like just going out for a run is a waste of time and stupid.  haha  (in case you can't tell, I have a really bad attitude about it!)  I started running Spring 2012 and ran two 5Ks last summer but a winter of eating and not working out has led me to gain 15 lbs. and fall back out of shape.  

I have always dreamed of doing a Color Run and there is one tomorrow that I was planning on participating in but with our cold, crummy spring, I haven't been able to get outside and train...  I'm really disappointed in myself that I didn't have enough motivation to just do it.    

MH tries to encourage me and usually ends up pushing me to the point of frustration that I just say nope, not doing it, so it will be nice to have some ladies to encourage me instead.   

I will be starting from the beginning so hopefully I can learn something from those of you who have already started!  Looking forward to this with you all!! 

So last summer was a "summer of 5ks" for you!  A friend of mine has signed up for almost every 5k in our area this summer...I am definitely not that dedicated.  Look at see when another Color RN would be in your area...there is one in Cleveland (where I live) next weekend, but I'd didn't have the guts or the motivation to do that one.  Then this one in September showed up and I just signed and said "okay, now that I paid the money I HAVE to do it!" I'm glad we can be a healthy support for you this summer!

• GTKY--Week 1: Tell us all little about yourself, your running experience, and why you are deciding to participate in the Couch to 5K program.

Hi Everyone!

I started the C25K in Jan 2011 and completed it once, but I ran it for time and it was only about 2.4 miles. So I decided to participate in a 2 mile team run that summer.

By that December I had finally worked my way up to a 5k on the treadmill. In 2012 I decided to sign up for a color run last summer. It was amazing!  Also, it's not timed and most of the people walk so it was a huge ego boost to be running past people the entire time. I would highly recommend it. I spent most of the spring working up to running 3 miles outside. It's so different! It's harder, but also a lot less boring.

My miscarriage, and my job have really put exercise on the back burner so I am really excited to getting back into it. I am on week 2 and will probably do day 3 tomorrow. I signed up for another color run in August so I am hoping that will motivate me.

Do any of you use any kind of site to share progress or challenge team members to runs? I have used a variety: mapmyrun, runkeeper, dailymile, nike. I'd be up for any of those or something else. 

"It's, not, where you are, it's where you're going,
    And it's, not, about the things you've done, it's what you're doing, now"

TTC Journey Began 8/12
    BFP #1 11/9/12, MMC/D&C 12/21/12 @ 9w2d, EDD 7/24/13
    SAs: 2%-3% Morph - RE Official Diagnosis
    Unexplained
     BFN = IUI #1 (Clomid) | IUI #2 (Letrozole) 
    BFP #2 4/19/14 = IUI #3 (Letrozole)
    Expecting Our Elf 12/27/14
    ~All Welcome~

• imageLiaMadi1:
    imagePatientlyWaiting10:

A little about me:

So last summer was a "summer of 5ks" for you!  A friend of mine has signed up for almost every 5k in our area this summer...I am definitely not that dedicated.  Look at see when another Color RN would be in your area...there is one in Cleveland (where I live) next weekend, but I'd didn't have the guts or the motivation to do that one.  Then this one in September showed up and I just signed and said "okay, now that I paid the money I HAVE to do it!" I'm glad we can be a healthy support for you this summer!

You are in Cland?! Me too! I am doing a color run in August though. Where is yours?  

"It's, not, where you are, it's where you're going,
    And it's, not, about the things you've done, it's what you're doing, now"

TTC Journey Began 8/12
    BFP #1 11/9/12, MMC/D&C 12/21/12 @ 9w2d, EDD 7/24/13
    SAs: 2%-3% Morph - RE Official Diagnosis
    Unexplained
     BFN = IUI #1 (Clomid) | IUI #2 (Letrozole) 
    BFP #2 4/19/14 = IUI #3 (Letrozole)
    Expecting Our Elf 12/27/14
    ~All Welcome~

• imagejenkellen:

Hi Everyone!

I started the C25K in Jan 2011 and completed it once, but I ran it for time and it was only about 2.4 miles. So I decided to participate in a 2 mile team run that summer.

By that December I had finally worked my way up to a 5k on the treadmill. In 2012 I decided to sign up for a color run last summer. It was amazing!  Also, it's not timed and most of the people walk so it was a huge ego boost to be running past people the entire time. I would highly recommend it. I spent most of the spring working up to running 3 miles outside. It's so different! It's harder, but also a lot less boring.

My miscarriage, and my job have really put exercise on the back burner so I am really excited to getting back into it. I am on week 2 and will probably do day 3 tomorrow. I signed up for another color run in August so I am hoping that will motivate me.

Do any of you use any kind of site to share progress or challenge team members to runs? I have used a variety: mapmyrun, runkeeper, dailymile, nike. I'd be up for any of those or something else. 

Hi jenkellen! Another "veteran"...yes!!! Having that motivation of a purpose like the color run is really important and something I'm really looking forward to myself.  I'm glad we can be here to help motivate you and get back excerise and focusing on making yourself better and healthier. :)

I have mapmyrun on my phone, but haven't signed into it yet.  Perhaps once I get moving with the program I will sign in to help motivate me. Great idea! 

• imagejenkellen:
    imageLiaMadi1:
    imagePatientlyWaiting10:

A little about me:

You are in Cland?! Me too! I am doing a color run in August though. Where is yours?  

Yup, born and raised in "believe"land! :) I am doing mine in Willoughby Hills, where they are doing the one on June 8th too. I am happy to be doing mine in the fall when it isn't as hot and unpredictable with the weather.  August should be good in those regards too.  Where are you doing yours? Does it dye your hair?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"