Breastfeeding
Options

Bm/food menu for almost 1 year old

My ds is going to be 1 next Saturday [cue tears]. I'm wondering how his food and milk schedule needs to change. Right now he nurses first thing in the morning and before bed every day. He is in dc full time and usually has 3 bottles [6 oz and 2 4 oz bottles]. If I pick him up before his last bottle we nurse instead. He also eats three meals of solids a day. He is around the 50 percentile for weight.

My question is whether I need up start dropping bottles during the day. Is he eating too much? I'm going to quit pumping when he turns 1 but I have a huge freezer stash so he will be getting milk all day anyway.

Thanks

Eta my stash would allow him to eat the amount he's eating now for 2 to 4 months... I haven't done a recent inventory but have half a chest freezer ful now. If his consumption decreases it will obviously last longer.
imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Bm/food menu for almost 1 year old

• Options
    Lucas turned one on the ninth, we haven't really changed a thing, I offer as much table food as he wants and still bf on demand, well unless its not a good time then i offer a cup or snack, I'm not weaning anytime soon.

But he doesn't take a bottle, if I were you I'd start switching one bottle to a cup and see how lo does, and maybe up the amount of solids since it does seem like a lot of bm at this age.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options

HELLO STRANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited to see this.

I can't believe he's already going to be 1. How?! How did they get this big this fast?!

I got a Gerber "recommended nutrition goals" for a 12 month old in the mail the other day. Here it is:

Milk (or BM): 1/2 cup - [serving size ->] 2/3 cup (or 4-5 oz) - total daily goal of 16 oz.

Vegetables: 1/2 cup, soft, peeled, or cooked - total daily goal of 3/4 cup

Fruits: 1/4 cup soft, peeled, mashed, or chopped; 4 oz of 100% juice - total daily goal of 1 cup

Meat/beans: 1-3 tbsp cooked; mashed or easy to chew chopped meat - total daily goal of 1.5 oz

GrainsL 1/4 cup cereal, rice, pasta, or 1/2 slice of bread - total daily goal  of 2oz eqivalent

Fats/oils: 1/2-1 tbsp dressing or cooking oil - total daily goal of 1-2 tbsp.

Sergio has four 4oz bottles a day, 3 meals, and two snacks. I don't think he's eating too much. I feed him when he's hungry.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am planning on still feeding on demand, but upped DD's solids and added one meal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Thanks ladies! I am going to cut back to two bottles next week and see how he does. They have frozen milk in case he cannot go without the third bottle but I am hopeful that they can spread them out more. I asked this morning and she said he is not crying for them but they feed him on a schedule so I think he will be ok going longer... he does at home. 

BBJ- I was planning on checking back in when he turned one.  I had to step away for a bit because it was hard with the milestones and I didn't want to compare DS to the actual August babies when he was born so early and now I just don't know a lot of people!!!! We are doing great and I do plan on checking in next week so I'll post some comparison pics!!  It made me feel great that you were excited to see my post! I still post on here a little but mostly my local board, preemies, and crafty moms... I miss A12 though!  

imageimage

• Options
    imagemlynne37wiu:
    imagePhillyGal34:

BBJ- I was planning on checking back in when he turned one.  I had to step away for a bit because it was hard with the milestones and I didn't want to compare DS to the actual August babies when he was born so early and now I just don't know a lot of people!!!! We are doing great and I do plan on checking in next week so I'll post some comparison pics!!  It made me feel great that you were excited to see my post! I still post on here a little but mostly my local board, preemies, and crafty moms... I miss A12 though!  

Good to see you her, PG!  We miss you over on A12, but it's great that you and E are doing well!  

HI! I honestly didn't even think anyone would notice! Things are insane planning the first birthday party but maybe afterward I'll make it a point to pop in more often! although I see there are a lot of BFP's lately so maybe I need to stay away for now!!! haha  

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"