November 2013 Moms
Options

Uncomfortable

16 weeks... I am really uncomfortable. Every time I get up my joints in my lower back hurt to the point I limp for a while. So annoying. In not even big, I'm hardly showing, not put a single pound on.

I was just wondering if any of you were suffering from the same problem? If so what are you doing to relieve it?

Re: Uncomfortable

• Options
    Oh ya same problem, especially after I get out of bed in the morning. I just sit for a minute before I stand and then take it slow for a bit. It seems to work itself out after a couple minutes.
  • Options
    jagrantjagrant member
    imageeleanorserina1:
    16 weeks... I am really uncomfortable. Every time I get up my joints in my lower back hurt to the point I limp for a while. So annoying. In not even big, I'm hardly showing, not put a single pound on.

This...minus the limping. Lots of low back pain. Walking and regular exercise as well as stretching helps me. I'm considering trying a prenatal massage. Talk to your OB...some will recommend seeing a chiropractor.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Do you sleep on your back?  If so, it could be the pressure that the uterus and baby are putting on your low back.  I take it slow in the mornings too and sit for a minute before I stand up.  Not because of aching, though - because I'll pass out if I get up too fast. 

I love prenatal yoga for stretching.  There's a couple of poses that you could do before you even get out of bed.

~Elizabeth ~

Angel Baby # 1 : EDD 9/11/12,  Missed m/c at just over 13 weeks

Angel Baby # 2 : EDD 9/9/13, m/c at 6 weeks

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You are pregnant.  It is uncomfortable.  Things are moving/changing.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Yh. This is my 2 nd pregnancy. With my first didn't feel discomfort until I was 7 months pregnant.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. I'll try those stretches.

Glad it's not just me.

I do lay on my back. But sleep on my side. I will try not to lye on my back at all x
  • Options
    My midwife said it is caused by "relaxin"... I may have spelt it wrong... Anyway, it is a chemical produced by pregnancy to relax and loosen your joints during pregnancy. It will only get worse as you get further along. Exercise regularly and stretch before and after you exercise.

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Options
    imageequibabe611:
    My midwife said it is caused by "relaxin"... I may have spelt it wrong... Anyway, it is a chemical produced by pregnancy to relax and loosen your joints during pregnancy.

Thank you! I did not have this till later in my last pregnancy but think it was the baby weight tbh. This time, what you have highlighted with regards to the chemicals. Makes a lot of sense rather than 'hormones'!
  • Options
    Yes : same as you I haven't gained a lb yet but after laying in bed for a while just playing on the iPad or something then I get up my right hip hurts so bad I limp and feel like it can't hold any weight. I don't have a fix but you're not alone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"