Breastfeeding
Options

XP: Weaning and Bedsharing - 20 months old

My DS is 20 months and I was wondering at what age your child self weaned and how it happened? Was it gradual, did they just stop one day?

Also, we bedshare and he likes to be latched what seems like all night especially in the early morning hours 3am-6am... its starting to get irritating physically and keeps me from truly sleeping. He will only STTN when he sleeps with us, but he does sleep 7-10:30 in his bed. How can I reduce the night nursing? He wont let my DH lay next to him, he only wants me. Will not go back to bed in middle of night without it. Wont take a paci. AND hes a nipple twiddler, he plays with the other nip while he nurses. Ive had enough haha. help!

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: Weaning and Bedsharing - 20 months old

• Options

Omg you sound JUST like me! I'm getting so tired of the wanting to have a constant latch at night. My XH and I are divorced, and he says DD goes to sleep at his house just fine without nursing. I didn't believe him at first, but then my friends, when they watch her, say the same thing! So its gotta be something with knowing mommy is there and they want the milk, or just the latch.

Sorry I'm not really any help, just watching this post and hoping to get some info myself!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We are in the same boat, at least we have company.

I have started by picking a small time frame, during that one hour if dd woke no matter what she could not nurse. I would rub her back, sing a song, anything but nurse. After one week of that one hour, I added an hour. We are now up to 3 hours. It seems to be working. Some nights it goes well and some nights not so well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At least I am not the only one! Sometimes I feel like im the only mother with these issues. I hope we all can reduce the night nursing soon and get back to some good sleep. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"