Infertility
Options

Zero morphology question...

Hey ladies! I'm from the TTTC board, but I have a question that maybe you can help with. We just got my husbands SA results this afternoon, but didn't have time to ask questions. He had a count of 47 million, mobility of 62%, but a morphology of ZERO. Based off of this, what are the chances that IUI will still possibly work? After googling (which I probably shouldn't) I read very slim chance with IUI, and many recommended IVF with ICSI... 

Hopefully you don't mind me asking this question here. I just have been racking my brain all afternoon. Looking for questions to ask tomorrow when I call my doctor. Thanks again :) 

Re: Zero morphology question...

• Options
    Hi there! I'm MIF and my husband had 0 percent morphology. We were told It was a much better chance getting pregnant with IVF with ICSI. So we decided to go straight to IVF and not waste any time with IUI's. That's my personal experience anyhow!

Married my best friend on 9.6.11 
    Me 31 DH 29 
    TTC since 12/2011 
    Me - all normal test results 
    DH - SA #1, #2 and #3 - 0% morphology 
    Straight to IVF w/ ICSI 
    April 3 - start date for BC 
    April 18 - tentative start date for injections 
    Tentative IVF dates: ER - 4/27 and ET - 5/3!! DELAYED.
    IVF #1 - May 6 - Estrace
    May 17 - started injections!
    ER and ET end of May!! BFFN :(
    FET #1 - June 28th - BFP!!!! :)
    Beta #1 - 164, Beta #2 - 381
    1st u/s 7/16/13 - 2 sacs with yolks! 1 smaller than the other - Possible Twins?! 
    2nd u/s 7/26/13 - 1 healthy baby with heartbeat of 123bpm! Second sac empty. Next u/s 8/5/13.
    8/5/13 (7w2d) - no heartbeat. Lost our precious LO :-/
    D&C on 8/12/13 - finally neg hcg 2 months later on 10/3/13.
    Saline Songram on 10/10/13 - found polyp :-( post-poned again.
    Hysteroscopy on 10/29/13.
    FET #2 - BFP!!!! :-) 
    Beta #1 - 265, Beta #2 - 692
    12/24-12/28 (6w) - lost our LO (2nd miscarriage in a row)
    RPL panel and Karyotyping; results all normal!
    Started bcp's 1/24/14; saline sonogram 1/30/14 - All clear!!
    IVF #2 02/15/14; ER 02/26/14 - freeze all due to mild OHSS. 
    7 blasts; PGD on all 7 - all 7 normal!!!
    FET #3 4/8/14; BFP!! :-)
    Beta #1 - 235, Beta #2 - 539
    1st u/s - It's TWINS!!!!
    2nd u/s- both babies measuring on track! Heartbeats of 118 and 122!!
    EDD: Christmas Day!!!

** ALL ARE WELCOMED **

image  photo 866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimage 
  • Options
    We had zero morphology too and did viability screening which was zero too so we were told IVF was not an option at that time... Recheck later we have 1 and were told its straight to IVF . Good luck
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with both PPs...we have lower morphology and no success with IUI and were told IVF with ICSI was our best route.

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're dealing with MFI. We have one percent normal morphology and were suggested to go straight to ivf with icsi. We are in the middle of our first cycle and as expensive as it is I'm glad we didn't waste any money on an iui that probably wouldn't have worked. GL!

imageimageimageimage

*******siggy/ticker warning***** 

Me(31). DH (31)

DH SA normal count and motility, 1% morphology
    Me .72 AMH, Fragile X premutation carrier
    IVF #1 (6/12/13) BFN

IVF #2 (8/16/13) BFN

FET 10/4/13 Chemical

IVF #3 MC 5 weeks 5 days

IVF #4 DE 11/7 BFP, edd 7/28/15

All Welcome

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Gr8teGr8te member

Ticker Warning....PAIF Response

We have 1% morph. It's extremely difficult for abnormally shaped sperm to fertilize an egg. Our chances of success were so low with IUI, we didn't want to waste the time and money. Also, I didn't want to take unnecessary drugs since I don't have any issues. You might want to ask about sperm dna frag too. It causes embie/blast arrest, implantation failure and miscarriages. GL

~ Everyone Welcome ~
    TTC: 05/2011 Me: 32, All Clear DH: 38 Dx: MFI Low Testosterone & 1% Morphology
    IVF #1 w/ICSI & IMSI, 12/03/12: ER: 27R, 20M, 15F
    4 blasts frozen (3BA 4BA 4BB 5BB) b/c of moderate OHSS
    FET #1: 02/08/13 Transferred 3BA & 4BA | HPT 5dp5dt BFP!

10dp5dt Beta #1 - 810 | 12dp5dt Beta #2 - 1843 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for your response ladies! He has to do another SA in 5 weeks to check again and they want him to see a Urologist but we cant get in there till July. It sucks because he is in the process of getting a new job. They are discussing compensation on June 10th, then he can put his 2 week notice in. It sucks because currently we can do one more covered IUI before his insurance switches. But once it switches, we have no idea as to what is covered (2nd SA, urologist consult, infertility testing & treatment). I feel like were going into this blind. Plus we dont have enough saved to do IVF. 

How did you all end up paying for IVF? Did you wait and save or take out a loan? I dont want to take out a loan, but I am not sure how long we can wait (my cervix closes due to scar tissue. I have had 2 surgies since february to open it which wasn't a big deal because I had already reached our maximum and deductible with insurance. I also had endo because it closed so I can really allow it to close again and risk more endo)... I'm just having one of those IF days right now, thanks for listening. 

• Options
    We had low morphology plus tube issue so went straight to IVF.   As far as how we paid I just wanted to throw out there we agreed to be part of a research study (basically just comparing two common practices in the world of IVF) and it shaved off $3,000.  So maybe ask about something like that...  In the end we were still able to finance more than what we need for 18 months interest free through a med loan company. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"