May 2013 Moms
Options

A Big Thank You and a BF Question

To all of the ladies who commented on the thread about the pain of breast feeding below: thank you!  Benji came on 5/21 via c section and I have been breast feeding with supplement. Since my milk came in, I have rarely had to supplement. However, the pain has been increasing every day. Today, it was almost unbearable and I wanted to give up. However, your responses encouraged me to keep going. I am going to contact a LC tomorrow and I have started using lanolin. I also got a nipple shield to use in the mean time. It is heaven! My question is: those of you that have used them, how long did you use it? Did you alternate between using it and not using it? I don't want to mess up breast feeding but I was in need of relief! Any nipple shield advice or any  advice in general would be much appreciated. Thank you again for the great support.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: A Big Thank You and a BF Question

• Options
    I use one and don't do any switching back and forth.  Once in a while I will try without it after he has been nursing for a few minutes and he won't latch.  
  • Options
    bes12bes12 member
    I used one for about two weeks bc lo wouldn't latch without it. After about a week if using it I would try before every feeding to see if he would latch. About a week later he did! In my case it helped with breast feeding, so I would hope it wouldn't reverse it for you. I would say use it every other time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used one on an off for a couple of days to provide initial relief. Now I don't need them.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    pnutgpnutg member
    Ive been using a shield for 3 days and am scared to stop. Ive heard of moms using it for up to a year.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I use it on and off.  If I can tell my nipples are especially sore, I use it right away.. otherwise, I'll let her try to latch without it --usually she does great, but if my breasts are real full, sometimes she can't.  LO is 3 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"