October 2012 Moms
Options

Can we talk poop?

E's poop is extremely hard these days. I kind of like it because it's really easy to clean up, but it seems almost too hard and dry. He goes sometimes 3 times a day, which is more than the once every 4 or 5 days he would go when he wasn't on solids. I EBF, and while I try to push him to take a bottle or sippy cup here and there to get more fluids in him, he won't take either one. Before he started solids, his poop was pretty messy. He does eat a ton of solid food, usually at least 10 to 12 oz. of purees a day plus lots of snacks and some finger food.

When we saw his GI doc last week, he said it's probably fine as long as E doesn't seen like he's in pain or straining. So I'm not too worried, just wondering... What are your LOs poops like, and what is their diet like?
Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

Re: Can we talk poop?

• Options

I was going to ask the same thing.

Olivia is FF.  She used to go once a day or once every other day, normal consistency.  After solids, in the past few weeks, she's been going 2-3, sometimes even 4 times a day.  Sometimes small and hard/dry, sometimes crazy and all over the place wet.  (TMI, I know) Either way, she never strains or looks uncomfortable.

She drinks water out of a bottle..maybe 2-3 oz a day.  Is it normal for her to have sooo much poop and for the consistency to change from one diaper to the next?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"