August 2011 Moms
Options

cooking/freezing question

I made stuffed pasta shells tonight and had a TON of filling leftover for some reason. Does anyone know if it's freezable? It's various cheeses....mostly ricotta, mozzarella...that kind of stuff.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: cooking/freezing question

• Options
    Yum. I know nothing about freezing them, but I do have some leftover ricotta. Care to share your recipe?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemananana:

I think you'd be fine.  I used to freeze lasagna all the time.  It might be a watery upon thawing, but still fine.  If I were you though, I'd probably pick up more shells to assemble more and freeze those readymade.

yes, this.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemananana:

I think you'd be fine.  I used to freeze lasagna all the time.  It might be a watery upon thawing, but still fine.  If I were you though, I'd probably pick up more shells to assemble more and freeze those readymade.

Luckily the recipe only used half the box, so I'll probably cook more pasta tomorrow and then freeze. Thanks!

• Options

imagekikalynne:
    Yum. I know nothing about freezing them, but I do have some leftover ricotta. Care to share your recipe?

It was the recipe on the back of the Barilla Jumbo Shells, except that I substituted for the two expensive cheeses. Yeah...not going to spend $10 on a block of cheese.

If you don't have that kind of pasta where you live, I can type out the recipe for you....but not tonight because I'm about to slip into a food coma. So.much.cheese....

• Options
    Hmmmm... Cheese...
    But yeah, I would definitely freeze it.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageladybugpjb:

imagekikalynne:

It was the recipe on the back of the Barilla Jumbo Shells, except that I substituted for the two expensive cheeses. Yeah...not going to spend $10 on a block of cheese.

If you don't have that kind of pasta where you live, I can type out the recipe for you....but not tonight because I'm about to slip into a food coma. So.much.cheese....

We do have Barilla, thanks. I tried making stuffed shells once before, but without ricotta since DH claims a hatred for it. Didn't turn out well at all. So I've decided that ricotta is just one of those things that I'm going to sneak into recipes without his knowledge, for his own good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"