January 2014 Moms
Options

constipation then light spotting

Just wanted to know if this happened to any of you? I started getting constipated on the 28th and though trying to use the restroom with no success, noticed that there was light spotting on the tp. I called the DR and was seen that day and she said everything looked good and not to worry unless its heavier and accompanied by pain. Yesterday I didnt #2 all day and today I finally did and there again was light spotting..I have a appt tmrw and will mention it then but just was curious to see if anyone had spotting being constipated..
image=
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: constipation then light spotting

• Options
    Yes I have experienced this. I've read that's its some light bleeding due to pressure/irritation you are putting on your cervix while straining to #2. As log as its pink, brown, or a teensy bit of red mixed in with clear fluids its really nothing to worry about. Only active red bleeding us a problem.
    image image BabyFruit Ticker First Jelly Bean EDD Jan 26 2014 - 1 day before MY birthday!
  • Options
    cnctfcnctf member
    imageGilmore09:

Are you sure where the spotting is coming from? You could have a hemroid (sp?) or trauma from straining. 

yes im sure its from the front.  

image=
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cnctfcnctf member

imageBeckel84:
    Yes I have experienced this. I've read that's its some light bleeding due to pressure/irritation you are putting on your cervix while straining to #2. As log as its pink, brown, or a teensy bit of red mixed in with clear fluids its really nothing to worry about. Only active red bleeding us a problem.

thanks! ive read that too but never really seen anyone else mention it so I didnt know if anyone else experienced this 

image=
  • Options

I had this often in my last pregnancy (first tri only). I called my OB the first time it happened, and the nurse told me that straining can cause some spotting. And my spotting was definitely vaginal. It is scary, I know, but the straining could be causing it.

I started drinking prune juice (gross), and it helped with the constipation, which in turn helped with the straining-induced spotting.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    cnctfcnctf member
    imageLexGator:

I had this often in my last pregnancy (first tri only). I called my OB the first time it happened, and the nurse told me that straining can cause some spotting. And my spotting was definitely vaginal. It is scary, I know, but the straining could be causing it.

I started drinking prune juice (gross), and it helped with the constipation, which in turn helped with the straining-induced spotting.

I had half a glass last night cause I couldnt down anymore without throwing up.. :( 

image=
  • Options
    imagecnctf:
    imageLexGator:

I had half a glass last night cause I couldnt down anymore without throwing up.. :( 

I know -- it's awful. I have found it's the only thing that really works for me, unfortunately. I often dilute it with water, mix it with orange juice, or even hold my nose and just chug it. It's seriously disgusting -- I cannot believe anyone likes it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    cnctfcnctf member
    imageLexGator:

I know -- it's awful. I have found it's the only thing that really works for me, unfortunately. I often dilute it with water, mix it with orange juice, or even hold my nose and just chug it. It's seriously disgusting -- I cannot believe anyone likes it. 

ahh great idea. ill try the OJ mix. i hope it works! thanks!! 

image=
  • Options

Prune and apple juice is a "good" combination, but still pretty gross. 

I've found that fiber one bars are pretty effective. (and much tastier)

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options

I had the exact same thing, went to the OB freaked out and we determined it was coming from my irritated cervix, not my uterus. 

Get the constipation under control. I finally did and I have very few cramps now and no spotting.

I do Metamucil powder 1-2 times daily and added Colace once daily until things got moving. And of course, lots of water.  

My cat can read EKGs, can your human do that?
    ♥BFP#1 12-23-12, M/C 12-31-12 at 5w4d♥
    ♥BFP#2 05-09-13, EDD 01-15-14. C/S 12-23-13 at 36w5d for complete previa. Healthy baby boy♥

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"