Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Cow's milk at daycare

Our DD recently turned 12 mos, so we are starting her on cow's milk. She goes to daycare full time, 5 days a wk. Those of you who know: how have you done this? Do you give the DC a gallon milk? Do you pre-portion it out in a bottle/sippy cup? I didn't really think about this until now.

Re: Cow's milk at daycare

• imagesusanpatterson:
    Our DD recently turned 12 mos, so we are starting her on cow's milk. She goes to daycare full time, 5 days a wk. Those of you who know: how have you done this? Do you give the DC a gallon milk? Do you preportion it out in a bottle/sippy cup? I didn't really think about this until now.

I'd ask your provider. All daycares are going to be different.
  • If your daycare provides meals, I would imagine they would provide milk as well.  DS drinks BM mixed with whole milk right now so we take sippies in a lunch bag.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I've never been to a daycare that doesn't provide cow's milk.

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

• DC supplies milk, but they may not have what you specifically want (whole vs. lowfat).  When we transitioned DS to cow's milk, we did it slowly.  A few days of bottles with 3/4 BM and 1/4 CM, then a few days of half and half, then a few of 1/4 BM, 3/4 CM.  I don't know if that was necessary, but I had enough frozen BM left to do it, and the DC teacher said sometimes if you switch them abruptly, they get constipated.

If you DO have to supply the milk, don't send more than a 1/2 gallon.  They don't drink it that fast! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"