Infertility
Options

trying not to take pregnancy test

we did the transfer sunday. going to doc on tuesday. feeling actually pretty fantastic. happy and more relaxed than i've been in a while -- might be that i'm really optimistic (which may be crushing). i told DH i wouldn't test until to doctor's appointment because i usually drive myself crazy taking tons and tons of the tests (i buy them by the dozen cheap on ebay). is there a chance i'd get a positive if i tested today? i'm also afraid of getting a postive that turns into a negative. when does everyone else start testing?

Re: trying not to take pregnancy test

• Options
    Did you have a 3 day or 5 day transfer?  I would say anywhere after 13 days after retrieval you should have a good percentage of accuracy. 
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
    IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    3 day transfer. it was sunday so at best 5 days after transfer. it's like an itch i have to scratch.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm going to try not to take one.  SO many negatives in the past, that I don't want to deal with it until it's as sure as possible (Beta?)
    Siggy Warning BFP/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 30, DH 30 Started TTC 7/2009
    9/2010 SA=Normal 9/10 HSG Dx Both tubes dilated; Rx bilateral salpingectomy & IVF; 9/2010-12/2012 Financial break
    1/2013 Bilateral Salpingectomy 5/2013 Recent SA shows borderline morphology
    5/2013 IVF w/ ICSI #1 6/25/13 ER=11R 9M 9F  6/28/13 3dt of 2 embies (8B & 6A-); no frosties: BFN
    10/2013 IVF w/ ICSI #2 11/12/13 ER= 9R 6M 6F  11/15/13 3dt of 2 embies (8A & 8A) 3 frosties (2 day-5, 1 day-6)
    11/22/13 (7dp3dt) +hpt  11/26/13 (11dp3dt) BFP Beta=141 11/28/13 Beta 2= 372 EDD 8/5/2014
    3/20/14 Fetal Demise 20 wks F/L 17 wks D&E attempted 3/21/14 & 3/22/14 Born Still 3/23/14  I love you B.T.
    "Sometimes you try your hardestbut things don't work out the way you want them to." –Nani (Lilo & Stitch)
    “All I can say is, it's a sort of kinship, as though there is a family tree of grief. On this branch, the lost children, on this the suicided parents, here the beloved mentally ill siblings. When something terrible happens, you discover all of the sudden that you have a new set of relatives, people with whom you can speak in the shorthand of cousins.” ― Elizabeth McCracken
    imageimageimage
    8/2014 FET 8/7/14 Transferred 1 5-day blast (4AA): BFN
    TTCAL September Siggy Challenge:  Animals in Clothing

Will add soon

**All AL/AIF Welcome**
  • Options
    It's totally a personal choice and there are definite cons to testing early.  If you used HCG it's still way to early to test, you will likely get a positive but you'll have no idea if it's real or not.  You're 5dp3dt, so I'd probably wait a  few more days, but I'm ALWAYS POAS'ing, lol, so I'd probably only wait 2 more days.  Good Luck!!

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

i took it. and you're absolutely right, it might be leftover hormones. it almost looks positive but i've seen this light kind of result from this brand before and it's meant nothing. now i can't tell my husband because he'll get his hopes up. it was just that when i got home (had dinner with my parents and then took citibike on terrifying ride across town, and then met hubby and his friend for a few games of bocce) i took off my bra and my breasts felt tender, which has always been my big pregnancy indicator. of course it now happens before i get my period too so now i know nothing more than when i started but my hopes are even higher. oh well, can't fight who i am, i had to do it. no regrets.

thanks all. too early to really know. hoping.

• Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! I'm choosing to wait to take the lab tests that way I know the tests will be more accurate! I'm trying to keep my mind occupied with things I love to do so I don't get tempted! My pregnancy test day is 66 do I'm guessing yours is around the same time...you can do this...just a few more days! Good luck!
  • Options
    my test is tuesday 2/4. although it seems like ages away, weekends always fly by. good luck to you.
  • Options
    now i get BFNs again and again. this is torture. waiting until tuesday appointment to give up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"