February 2012 Moms
Options

OPK 2x a day?

My cycle just started and I'm determined to see if I am actually O-ing or not.  So, in addition to temping, I am going to start OPK's as soon as AF goes away.  I have a bajillion of them from Amazon so thats good...

I've heard/read that you should do it 2x a day, 12 hours apart to make sure you don't miss the LH surge.  Is this necessary, recommended or just crazycakes?

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

Re: OPK 2x a day?

• Options
    Oh, and if you click on my link to my chart, you will see that my temps are all over the place...nothing is clear yet but it was only one month (and a partial one at that, I missed the first 5 or 6 days and missed one towards the end too).
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options
    I do one with my second bathroom break of the day and then before dinner. I just go by time of day, not specific hours.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lena122Lena122 member
    I've heard that mid afternoon, like between 2 and 5, is the best time to take them. I've been know to do 3 times a day so if you have enough OPKs I say go for it! It is possible to miss your LH surge if you only do it once a day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did 2x a day. Around 10am and 6pm. I would have missed my surge had I only done them once a day. GL

BFP #1 1/11/11 M/C 2/4/11
    BFP #2 6/13/11 Baby E born 2/18/12
    BFP #3 12/3/12 C/P 12/5/12
    BFP #4 2/10/13 Baby R born 10/19/13
  • Options
    I do them with FMU during the week even though you're not "supposed" to (my second pee is at work and I can't test there) and SMU on the weekend. I also test again around dinner time (5-7PM). Sometimes if my dinner time one is close to positive I will test again around 10PM before bed. My first positive OPK's the past few cycles have actually been around 10PM. I start using them on CD10 and test until negative with a confirmed temp rise.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"