3rd Trimester

moving close to due date?...

This is my first and my husband and I are moving out of state in 4 weeks ( I will be 36 weeks).  So, I have NOTHING DONE.  No nursery completed at all and barely anything bought.  I also have to switch to a different OB 3-4 weeks before my due date. I wasn't really freaking out until now.  Anyone else moving close to their due date?  How are you handling it? 

My husband is now calling me the stressasaurus rex :(

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: moving close to due date?...

• mepxw7mepxw7 member

My husband and I are moving when I am 34 weeks, so in 2 weeks. I also feel totally behind because I obviously have NOTHING set up for the baby! But the plus side, in my opinion, is that moving will kind of take care of nesting, haha. The house will already be totally spotless, so I can just organize and decorate how I want without worrying about deep cleaning:) But, we are not moving out of state and I get to keep my same OB. I can't even imagine! You will get through it, mama.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • With my daughter I moved 2 weeks before my due date. I completely understand how you're feeling!! Luckily for me, I still had to be induced 8 days after my due date, so I had a little more time to prepare than I expected. Either way, it's still a difficult thing to do. Good luck with everything!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Loading the player...
  • I moved on May 10....I feel for ya....My new place is still a mess, as I have zero motivation to actually put stuff away or anything. My nursery still has crap from the move in it... I do not even have my crib yet...

• wozo30wozo30 member
    Thanks Ladies. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MissDeiMissDei member

so, I just completed a move, not out of state, but 20 minutes away...at 35 weeks on the dot this Sunday..can I give some helpful advice?

Start packing. NOW. I was like you, had nothing done before we moved, and boy, we paid for it. Between my third trimester fatigue and hubby's fatigue from work and having to do twice the work? It was no fun. And, it was a rough move. 

I did a TEENY bit of packing, and boy, it's made unpacking easier, since I labeled things. DH did not do much labeling at all, so you can clearly tell who packed what. I packed all the way til 3 days before the move, when I started having almost regular contractions and was told by my doc to get off my feet. So, that was that.

Do all that you can now, if you're not uncomfortable. I was pretty much fine til I hit 35 weeks, and the pelvic pain hit, leaving me darn near unable to walk or do anything else. Even now with unpacking? I have to take it easy. Because, too much work, will set off BH contractions for me. Everyone is different, but, I've come to find, overexertion will cause contractions. So, enlist help in packing and prepping for the move, you will need it!

Good luck with the move and I REALLY do hope that your move is WAY less stressful than mine was! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are due July 20th and are moving into our new home June 17th.  I have the sense that a lot of people do this - especially with first baby.

• Yep, we will be moving 2-3 weeks before I give birth. We are still looking for a place too. We plan on having a bassinet in our bedroom at first so the nursery not being done is ok. My mom has also offered to come help when we move. Basically, there's nothing I can do about our lease being up and needing a larger place at the same time the baby is due so I'm just rolling with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I get up about every hour or hour and a half with some other thing to add to my to-do list or worry about the future with the baby.  I have 13 days left until my due date and a lot of stuff isn't done.  I don't have a bag packed, the nursery is only 75% set up and there is a laundry list of things to do.  No bottles are washed yet.  I'm still working on my thesis and going to my internship though, and I'm still working out/cooking/trying to stick to my normal-ish routine.  That's what kind of helps.
  • I just moved this week at 32 weeks. So not quite the same situation but sort of close!

Before I left I set up my first doctor appointment since I didn't want to wait until after we arrived to do that and risk not finding anyone.  So if you haven't done that yet definitely get on it right now!  

Then we made sure to pack the baby stuff in one place and put that where I could access it right away.  I've already unpacked all of that and washed the clothes and set up the baby's stuff and we've only been here two days.  I just wanted to get that done ASAP so if I do go into labor early at least that little bit is done.  It's easier for me to live out of suitcases.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• My husband and I have been looking at houses to make sure we have something bigger when baby arrives.  If we are lucky and can do it before baby gets here, it will be a month or less before my due date. I am stressing just over the finding the house part....I can't imagine how I will be during the packing and moving process.  We have not set up anything nursery wise in our house now b/c we don't have the room available to do it.  We have a "baby corner" where basically anything anyone has given us so far has gone for safe keeping 'til baby makes his or her appearance.  Good luck with everything!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"