Blended Families
Options

DH and 13yo SS too Harsh punishment.. I think

2»

Re: DH and 13yo SS too Harsh punishment.. I think

• Options
    I'm not following your logic. Because essentially, what you're saying is that since there are so many kids in foster care, it's okay to let your kid live in what amounts to neglect, you know because foster care isn't cool.

Click me, click me!
  • Options

imagehindsight's_a_biotch:
    I'm not following your logic. Because essentially, what you're saying is that since there are so many kids in foster care, it's okay to let your kid live in what amounts to neglect, you know because foster care isn't cool.

That's not the same thing and to me can't be compared. Have you been to your local shelter lately? I have been to mine and I can say the dog's in my mom's back yard are so much better off than those poor dogs. 

And I went to the link PP posted and I saw a bunch of stuff on dogs on chains. I'm 100% against that and I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's illegal in my city. 

utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Getting Pregnant">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSunday924:

That's not the same thing and to me can't be compared. Have you been to your local shelter lately? I have been to mine and I can say the dog's in my mom's back yard are so much better off than those poor dogs. 

And I went to the link PP posted and I saw a bunch of stuff on dogs on chains. I'm 100% against that and I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's illegal in my city. 

they also advocate against dogs being left outside in pens, or left outside at all.

I fully aware of the crisis that is the going on in this country in regards to shelters being overfull with animals. I am intimately aware that there is somewhere in the vicinity of 9 million cats and dogs euthanized every year. I am also very aware of the absolute real dangers that are faced by dogs left outside. They are 100 percent real and cannot be denied.
  • Options

But it's not a matter of better off. How can you even say that?

Most kids are better off not being with abusive drug addicts. This doesn't mean it's acceptable to adopt kids and give them minimal love and affection and not treat them like a member of the family.

Just from a logic standpoint, your argument is shiit. 

Click me, click me!
  • Options

But it's not a matter of better off. How can you even say that?

Most kids are better off not being with abusive drug addicts. This doesn't mean it's acceptable to adopt kids and give them minimal love and affection and not treat them like a member of the family.

Just from a logic standpoint, your argument is shiit. 

Whatever you think what you want to think. I can't speak for everyone that has outside dogs but I know my mothers are loved and well taken care of....outside. 

utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Getting Pregnant">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Dude, I'm not even talking about your dogs anymore, captain defensivepants. I'm talking about the logic fail that comes with saying what you're doing isn't bad simply because it isn't the worst.

It's like when your mom tells you to eat your vegetables because there are people starving in [insert trendy country to give a *** about.] That's all well and good but these lima beans still taste like asspaste. 

Click me, click me!
  • Options

And I'll also say that keeping your dog outside actually can contribute the amount of animals in shelters. Because hopefully, you keep your dog until it gets its face eaten by a snake. But there are plenty of other people who eventually list the dog on craigslist or whatever because "they need a better home than I can give them/our new landlord won't let us keep her/we're moving half way across the country and aren't in the mood to take the dog with us." The person who then gets them ends up with a badly socialized dog who eats all their ***, pisses in their house, and acts like a spastic mess, nips a kid or whatever. And then the dog ends up in the shelter anyway.

So . . . 

Click me, click me!
  • Options
    My SSs used to say "dad said..." Now we call DH on speaker and SS repeats what he said. If lying has occurred, each has their own restriction SS1 loses his phone and SS2 cannot do any extracurriculars and is grounded to his bedroom. Calling me names would never be acceptable and would be grounded for life.

I put my SSs daily chore list up everyday 1 chore. If they don't do it, DH makes them do it when he gets home.

You and YH need to be on the same page. The kids can't think one of you is the weak one.
    together since 2006
    full time stepmom to SS1 and SS2 since 2010
    married since 2011

TTC since 7/2011 (no planned bc since 2008)
    HSG 11/2011: one blocked tube
    S/A 2/2012 and retest S/A 3/2012: normal
    Bloodwork: normal
    2nd HSG 5/2012: clear
    Femara cycle 5mg #1 7/14/12 + IUI #1 7/23/12 = bfn
    New RE appt 8/14/12
    IVF #1 meds 8/30/12. ER 9/14/2012: 7 retrieved, 6 fertilized. ET 9/19/12: 1 perfect embryo 5dt.
    Beta #1 BFP! 97
    Beta #2 234
    Beta #3 4937
    ultrasound #1 heart beat 127
    10/20/12 graduated!!!
    EDD 6/7/12
    Team PINK!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH and I have talked about it and he really liked the extra chore thing on here. I can't remember who posted it but that was awesome! They will be cleaning the fridge today. He has been doing really good about the attitude thing the last few days since DS had another talk with him about it. We still don't know where he was, if in fact he was at this boy's house and just not answering the door or what. We will probably never know. The boy's parents were contacted and they said they were out of town for the weekend. We do know that he wasn't doing drugs, Thank goodness but in this process found out that my just turned 16yo SS as well as some friends were smoking pot in our garage! The ship sails are definitely being tightened in this household!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers                            

My Loves= SD 18 SS 16 SS13 DD13 DS10 SD6 SD5 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"