2nd Trimester
Options

A 3D present...

I'm giving a friend of mine a 3D 4D sono next week for a gift. Long story behind it. She doesn't know she's going yet and not sure how far she is :part of the long story of drs giving her a million due dates: but did any have an early sonogram like this done and they told them gender already? That would be a double win for me to give to her. Just curious how early with this kind of picture they can actually "tell". Just for my own curiosity! Thanks ladies!
Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.

Re: A 3D present...

• Options
    Sorry I meant to write that... The earliest she could be is 13 weeks. I know with a 2D it's not as clear as 3 and 4D and I would never trust a 2D earlier than 16 weeks. I was just curious if she'd get a double bonus of a healthy baby and to know the sex. I know it's crazy early. Just wasn't sure if anyone else got the privlage of finding out accurately so early.
    Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.
  • Options

I did a 2D/3D at 16 weeks and there was no mistaken what gender it was. As soon as she put that thing on my belly it was pretty clear it was a boy! I never second guessed it because with 3D it is pretty clear. The place we go have never been wrong and if someone calls them and says their dr. says it is the opposite of what it is then they will have you come in again no charge and if they turn out to be wrong you get your money back. It is very common to find out as early as 15 weeks. Good Luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAFwifelife:

imageDreamDisney:
    Sorry I meant to write that... The earliest she could be is 13 weeks. I know with a 2D it's not as clear as 3 and 4D and I would never trust a 2D earlier than 16 weeks. I was just curious if she'd get a double bonus of a healthy baby and to know the sex. I know it's crazy early. Just wasn't sure if anyone else got the privlage of finding out accurately so early.

Regardless of the quality, I still wouldn't trust an early u/s to be sure of a sex.  I think it would be great so that she could see her LO but regardless of the dimension, the genitalia is still super similar at the beginning.  Also, I don't know if you have checked out the place you want to go to but I know the place by me won't do 3D/4D until 28 weeks or later. 

That's what I figured about between baby's legs. This place does. They don't do 2D sono's... That's sad you couldn't get one done earlier in 3D 4D!
  • Options
    imagehsneed21:
    I did a 2D/3D at 16 weeks and there wasnbsp;no mistaken what gender it was. As soon as she put that thing on my belly it was pretty clear it was a boy! I never second guessed it because with 3D it is pretty clear. The place we go have never been wrong and if someone calls them and says their dr. says it is the opposite of what it is then they will have you come in again no charge and if they turn out to be wrong you get your money back. It is very common to find out as early as 15 weeks. Good Luck!

Thank you! I'm hoping she's as far along as the one doctor told her. Then she'd be 15 weeks. If not she's def only 13 weeks so we'll see. I'm excited just to give her the sonogram. She hasn't announced yet because she wants a "picture" and hasn't had one yet.
  • Options
    I found out I was having a boy at 15 weeks and it was also confirmed. I wouldn't do a 3D that early though.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Best gift you could give them! I had mine with my first at 33 wks, he was already big, legs all tangled! Lol I'll have this one done around 26-28 wks.

by 18-20 wks they can tell you the gender, with most certainty.

Have fun, it's a great experience!

• Options
    Had my 3d at 17 weeks and the cord was in the way so they could not tell the gender but went back a week later which was the day before mothers day and It was a girl. Plus the tech's at those 3d places cant really tell you size and what not because they're not doctors
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"