Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Baby personalities

as our LO's grow, anyone seeing any aspects of LO's personality that are unique and not just them being a baby?

for her...

• LO is pretty independent.  She truly only wants to be held or close to me in the few instances she's overwhelmed (like at the gym when I help with the daycare or if we go somewhere with lots of people) but at home, she's pretty content to be left alone.  She likes to talk to her "friends" and attempts different skills over and over, and only starts fussing when she's tired or hungry-I don't think she gets bored, since one time we laid on the bed and she stared at my fan for 30 freaking minutes. and talked to it.
  • I think she's going to be talkative, because she makes the best sounds, and is constantly babbling, making difference expressions with her mouth and eyes, and playing with the volume of her voice. 
  • She seems pretty happy. She's been giggling and laughing since around 5 weeks, and that's her norm now. She giggles all day, at everything and anyone.
  • She's very intense....it goes with the territory of her other personality traits but geesh that girl is LOUD.  I heard one baby fussing (and he wasn't tiny) and it was very sweet, and baby like...if she decides she's hungry (believe me, it's a decision on her part. she'll wake up after 10 hours of not eating, and ignore the bottle for 20 minutes, until mid play she realizes HOW STARVING SHE IS), oh man....it's not sweet or baby like. She is yelling at you.

what about you guys...any personality like traits you see that seem very unique?

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)

Re: Baby personalities

• Options

When my son was first born, everyone took note on how calm he was, he could be placed anywhere, in any situation, with anyone, and he would just look around slowly and try to take everything in. He has always had a temper when he didn't like something, and you knew he didn't like it that instant. He goes from 0 to insane in a heartbeat, (I guess if your mother and father are rage monkeys it was bound to happen to baby).

Right now at 8 weeks, he is smiling at everything. It is so cute to watch him coo at the toys and the walls. He is also very active, always on the move. This is where his love/hate relationship with the car seat comes in. He loves the car seat when he is going, but the moment you stop moving, he is screaming his head off.

He is also beginning to take everything in, like really study it. It is so cool to watch him try to absorb what someone is saying or doing, but he also gets way overstimulated easy now. I am beginning to see he prefers to be put down than to be held so he can kick and flail his arms like he likes to do.

I love seeing this little person grow. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    =Lee=B=Lee=B member

My 11 week old loves to be cuddled but is very happy on her own.  Every morning she joins me on the bed in her nursery and she stares intently at her curtain rod for up to an hour.  She loves to sit and stare at the floor lamp in the family room.

She is currently hanging out in her crib chatting instead of sleeping...she'll doze off anywhere between 5-45min after I put her down, we can come in and out and she watches us and then goes back to staring at her crib bars.

She has been practicing hours a day to get her left thumb into her mouth...over and over with the greatest effort and persistence she can.

She only fusses when hungry or tired (aside from pain from her reflux when meds need adjusting).  But boy when she cries it is INTENSE.  She smiles easily and is starting to have a little laugh when her smiles get too big. 

Since birth she has been "chatty" non-stop every one we see says so...and for the first 8 weeks we sat in amazement with the amount of noise she could make without even cracking her lips open.

Pretty sure she will be a strong-willed, independent chatty little girl that loves attention when she wants it but has the need to be left alone to recharge. Currently she is content to be held by others but when she reaches her max she just passes out to recharge. She is very aware of her surroundings and it can be overwhelming for her. This was evident when we travelled for 5 days to visit family and she had severe separation anxiety when out of my arms.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My little guy has always been very alert, from the very start. We never had that sleepy newborn stage. For that reason, he would get overstimulated and fussy easily, though now that he is older and able to handle more stimulation, he is definitely getting happier for longer periods of time. He loves to study our faces, mouths as we are talking, and pictures (he loves the artwork on the walls). And now these things are making him smile.

He is getting to be more and more social. He loves to "talk" to us and he LOVES when we mimic his sounds, it always brings smiles and giggles. He also loves when we make silly noises (fart noises are his favorite).

He does like to cuddle and be held and rocked. Cuddly naps are his favorite kind. He sure does love his momma! He loves to gaze up at me while he eats and is started to get a big grin on his face when he wakes up and sees me or when I walk in to the room.

He is a good self-advocate who lets me know as soon as he gets a bit hungry or tired (he starts fussing).

It is so exciting and fun now that he is interacting more and just beginning to show a bit of personality!

• Options

She has always been a very calm baby.  Mckenzie only fusses when she's hungry or wants attention and she does great no matter who holds her. She does love to be held, laying on my chest all curled up or in the crook of her dad's arm seem to be her favorite.  Once she's put in the bouncy chair she kicks and moves her arms almost like she's running a marathon, idk how her heels don't hurt from slamming them on the bar of her bouncy chair! She gets that chair rocking on her own.

I think she's going to be a little chatter box bc she is constantly making noises, from coughing with excitement or anger, to making little moaning and groaning sounds as she eats, she's just plain noisey and "talkative" and the more you talk to her the more she squeels, laughs and smiles. 

She definately has the little italian temper though, there is no mistaking when she's angry, and when she wants it she wants it now!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"