Multiples
Options

Feel like such a brat!

But I can't help it! My mother-in-law is driving me insane! I feel like she is smothering me and I'm already dreading having her around when the babies come. 

I know her "helpful" advice comes from a good place, but dang... she is a know-it-all and it just grates at me! I feel like I just want to run away with my babies and hide them from her... and I just feel awful, but I can't shake the feeling. The poor woman has us and her husband as her social outlets, so I feel like we just get overwhelmed by her sometimes. 

Can anyone relate? How did you cope? I don't want to snap on her when they come, but I'm already picturing myself doing it!  

IVF #1 w/ ICSI 9/2012 (10M 6F), ET 9/24 (1 good pre-blast), BETA 10/4= BFN,
IVF #2 Microflare w/ ICSI 12/2012 (19M 7F), ET 12/16 (2 Good blasts),
BETA 12/26= BFP (356), BETA 12/28 (840) 2nd Ultrasound shows TWINS!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Feel like such a brat!

• Options
    I could have written this word for word. MIL is very overbearing with her opinions and constantly suggest ways that I should do things differently. I wish I could give you advice. I have been trying to take the high road and keep my trap shut but she crossed a boundary this past weekend that I'm still boiling about and feel that I need to tactfully address it. I feel your pain with wanting to take your babies and hide, at the same time knowing it comes from a good place.. ugghh it's so hard.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageMrsLee04:
    I'm coping by selling our house and moving away from her!  J/K (not really Surprise)

Funny... but a good out! ;) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesing4mysavior:
    Seriously...tell DH how much it's bugging you already and that it will only get worse when the LOs come and you will NEED him to support you and run interference with his mom. GL!

Thank you - I definitely think he has to do this now and early... I can see her getting much worse.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"