Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Post nasal drip?

My LO is almost 5 weeks old. For the last week she sounds like she has phlegm stuck in the back of her throat. She tries to clear it, she coughs, and chokes on it. I know that some congestion is normal, especially since she was born via csection, but I feel like it has gotten a little worse in the last few days. She doesn't have a fever, eats well(other than spitting up more recently) and has plenty of wet/dirty diapers. Also, no stuffy/runny nose. She has very thick saliva, so I'm not sure if it her saliva that she is choking on or actually phlegm. Has anybody every experienced this? I emailed her ped, waiting for a response if they would like to see her. Thanks!

Re: Post nasal drip?

• My son has been drooling a lot since about 5 weeks, he is now 8 weeks, and his drool is worse. He was chocking on both his drool and because of reflux. Now that I have to put cereal in his bottle, his milk drool is very thick. What I do is have him suck on his pacifier, and sometimes I rinse the pacifier under water and give it to him dripping wet, so he gets some water to clear his throat. It helps sometimes. Other than that, only advice I can offer is to try and make her swallow... put a finger in her mouth if she doesn't take a paci or something.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"