January 2012 Moms
Options

Sleep problems?

Anyone's good sleeper suddenly acting up at night? DS just turned 17 months and for the past week he's been getting up almost every night between 2am - 3am. He stays up for a minimum of two hours before finally going back to sleep. I've tried everything from rocking him in the glider to bringing him in bed with us. He will sleep in my arms but immediately wakes up if I try to put him down. If he's in bed with us he tosses and turns ever couple minutes. He's also gone from taking a 1 to 2 hour nap late morning to a 20 minute nap. He has no trouble going down at 8pm though.

The worst part of this is if I don't eat within 10 minutes of waking up my morning sickness kicks in and I get extremely nauseous. He's getting so heavy and tall that I'm having a hard time standing and rocking him (and pretty much carrying him all together). I seriously want to cry I am so tired and sick of being nauseous. 

"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

Re: Sleep problems?

• Options
    Ugh, that sounds awful. I do remember going through similar sleep difficulties while pregnant with my then toddler. I don't have any suggestions, I tried everything but it eventually passed. Can your dh take him at night when this happens? Can you move his bedtime and nap time later? Asher takes his nap around 1 and sleeps for a couple hrs and goes to bed around 8:30 and does pretty good. He wakes up about once a night, but settles back to sleep pretty easily.  I hope someone else has better suggestions. It's so hard when no one is getting enough sleep and it feels like forever, but hopefully he will get into a better sleep pattern naturally, it may just be a phase. Good luck:)
    Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• Options
    lp0lp0 member
    imageHilarityEnsued:
    If you don't go in there, then what happens?nbsp;

He completely loses it until he gets so upset he can't catch his breath. Then when I finally do get him and calm him down he does these involuntary gasps for air which makes putting him back to sleep even worst. It's all very dramatic lol
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    lp0lp0 member
    imageemnoahmom:
    Ugh, that sounds awful. I do remember going through similar sleep difficulties while pregnant with my then toddler. I don't have any suggestions, I tried everything but it eventually passed. Can your dh take him at night when this happens? Can you move his bedtime and nap time later? Asher takes his nap around 1 and sleeps for a couple hrs and goes to bed around 8:30 and does pretty good. He wakes up about once a night, but settles back to sleep pretty easily.nbsp; I hope someone else has better suggestions. It's so hard when no one is getting enough sleep and it feels like forever, but hopefully he will get into a better sleep pattern naturally, it may just be a phase. Good luck:

Thanks! I did try prolonging nap time but it didn't seem to make a difference. His canine teeth are coming in so I'm hoping that maybe that's the cause and it will pass soon. It's terrible! DH is there with us and does try to help calm him but he gets up at 5:30 for work so he's feeling it too.

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    lp0lp0 member
    Update: I stopped cradling DS to go down at night and naps and I think it broke him of wanting to sleep in my arms. Thank god he's back to sttn.

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"