Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

Summer Concerts Anyone?

Just wondering if you guys have plans to see a concert this summer?  There is a large outdoor amphitheater near us that hosts a ton of concerts throughout the summer and usually we can find $5-$10 tickets at local businesses.  

We plan on seeing Creedence Clearwater Revisited, 311, and Huey Lewis & the News.

Edit:  I forgot that CCR is now Revisited, not Revival.

Re: Summer Concerts Anyone?

• Options
    I used to go to concerts all the time when I was younger... at last count I've seen over 200 different nationally known bands play live, but it has been several years since I've been to a concert.  Most of the bands I like, I've seen, or don't exist any longer... or don't tour Indiana.  My wife does want to go to the Matchbox Twenty/Goo Goo Dolls show since she's always wanted to see Matchbox Twenty live.
  • Options
    We are not hitting any concerts up this Summer. Kinda bummed that the kid basically makes Coachella impossible.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    PrimePrime member
    No concerts for us this year.  Last couple years we've seen Dave Matthews at the Gorge over Labor Day.  We had the opportunity to go again this year, but decided it would be more of a hassle than it is worth.

• Options
    I feel like an assshole now, bragging about the concerts.  I'm sure I won't be so active next summer with a 7 month old.

• Options
    imagepolooo26:

imagefutant462:
    I feel like an assshole now, bragging about the concerts.  I'm sure I won't be so active next summer with a 7 month old.

Don't beat yourself up. Do some crazy stuff and then report back. We can live vicariously through you.

Agreed. It's like me asking my single male friends to tell me what it's like to go to a bar at 11 PM on a Friday night trying to meet women. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options

My wife is due July 28th and we are planning to go to Jason Aldean Sept7th...

I got the ticket insurance but she really wants to go and her mom will watch the baby so we will see.

• Options
    imagepolooo26:
    imageKentuckyboy76:

My wife is due July 28th and we are planning to go to Jason Aldean Sept7th...

I got the ticket insurance but she really wants to go and her mom will watch the baby so we will see.

Her being 6 weeks old should be fine. You and your wife will probably have the hardest time with it. We have friends that started dropping their baby off at 2 weeks old to do stuff like this. I was surprised at first, but they tend to drop the baby off at least once a week to go do grownup things. It doesn't seem to bug them much. I figure if them getting away makes them better parents then I shouldn't judge. I sure couldn't drop my guy off that often though.

Baby should be fine... mom might not.  First time you leave the baby for the evening, it is always hard.  Having her mom watch him/her will help, but the separation will be tough.  Hopefully once the music starts, she'll not focus on that though.

• Options
    WulfgarWulfgar member

We have free concerts at two venues near us.  They did ZOSO last Friday but it was too cold for a toddler who was fighting a virus so we missed it.

This weekend is a CCR tribute band and a Hillbilly band that plays Southern Rock.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Are you going to the rolly hill? ;) 

We go to partridge creek a lot in the summer. On friday/saturday evenings they have a band playing and it's pretty nice. It's free. The kids have fun. We get ice cream. Winning all around.  

• Options
    imagechapski:

We go to partridge creek a lot in the summer. On friday/saturday evenings they have a band playing and it's pretty nice. It's free. The kids have fun. We get ice cream. Winning all around.  

I just got tickets to see the Live and Loud tour with Ratt, Dokken, and Warrant at Pine Knob.  It will be the highlight of my summer.

I had no idea Partridge Creek had live bands.  I live about 2 minutes away and pretty much only go there to see movies.

ETA:  I don't know what Rolly Hill is.  Freedom Hill maybe?   

• Options
    imagefutant462:
    imagechapski:

I just got tickets to see the Live and Loud tour with Ratt, Dokken, and Warrant at Pine Knob.  It will be the highlight of my summer.

I had no idea Partridge Creek had live bands.  I live about 2 minutes away and pretty much only go there to see movies.

Rolly hill is pine knob or Dte or whatever it's called now. The huge hill that everyone had stumbled down once.
    Um. I live 2 mins away from partridge so you're totally my neighbor! I totallynbsp;live in the 4.8.0.4.4
  • Options
    imagechapski:
    imagefutant462:
    imagechapski:

Rolly hill is pine knob or Dte or whatever it's called now. The huge hill that everyone had stumbled down once. Um. I live 2 mins away from partridge so you're totally my neighbor! I totallynbsp;live in the 4.8.0.4.4

48038 for me.  Just down the road from the mall.  

Rolly Hill indeed!  I have seen many a drunk person totally bite it there.  I went to Ozzfest one year and the morons were moshing on that thing.  Craziness.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"