High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD Breakfast ideas?

Any good GD breakfast ideas that stick to 30g of carbs and avoid milk/fruit? 

Is the milk just considering dairy milk, or can I do a small glass of almond milk?

All I can think of is eggs and a slice of toast.  

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

Re: GD Breakfast ideas?

• Options
    I have 15 g carbs.

I have been having one piece if wheat toast and two eggs.

I have had some bacon instead of one of the eggs. I am thinking I buying some breakfast sausage.

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options
    Are veggies good?  Or are they a no-no?  I remember that I was told "anything that comes from the ground" is considered a carb/has carbs, but I thought veggies were less? 
    _____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same here eggs with whole wheat toast. And either sausage or bacon. Every morning. Getting boring
  • Options

I do eggs, bacon, sausage, w.w toast, yogurts (the light and fit greek no fat 2x the protein yogurt) I recently switched because it has less carbs, more protein, and less sugar than the other brand I was eating, plus it's a bigger portion. You can also do whole wheat pancakes or waffles.

I went to my GD counselor yesterday and she said milk is a carb, and she suggested to do unsweetened almond milk, however; I am fine with my no fat milk as it doesn't have any effect on my numbers.

She also said veggies were "free" and I could basically eat as much as I wanted, except the starchy veggies like potatoes, corn, beans, ect.... I still need to portion those veggies out.

I am able to do fruit for my morning snack as long as I pair it with protein. I was originally told no fruit before noon, however I have played around with my food, and what times to eat them, and again, no effect on my numbers.

another thing she suggested for the morning is to have 3 egg whites, and one egg yolk, and make a veggie omelet. You can even add more protein like bacon, ham, sausage into the omelet. It will get you nice and full.

I was having some trouble staying full in the a.m. so she suggested that.

I also was told to stay away from oatmeal in the a.m. but I tried it out on Saturday, with whole wheat toast, an a glass of no fat milk. I put a little truvia in it to sweeten it up a tad and my numbers were great!! I think they were 97 at my one hour test.

I know some woman are pretty sensitive to certain foods in the a.m. so you gotta just play around with what works for you.

• Options
    I have found that on the days I gave no time to make my usual egg whites, turkey bacon and wheat toast, I can get away with a mcdonalds egg mcmuffin.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am always pressed for time in the am. I have been eating half a fiber one English muffin with peanut butter, cottage cheese, boiled eggs or mini bagels.
  • Options
    I think it all depends.

I typically have cereal and unsweetened almond milk. I typically eat Kashi Go Lean, All Bran, or Fiber One and my numbers are in the 80's.

I can use ff milk and eat a banana with cereal and still keep my number around 100.

I actually found for me eggs and ww toast dropped my numbers into the 60's. Go figure.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP#2 6/29/12 - M/C 7/23/12. BFP#3 10/26/2012 - EDD 7/09/2012 - U/S 11/20 with HB of 156, U/S 11/27 with HB 180!
  • Options
    1 pc buttered whole grain toast and 2 pcs of bacon or yogurt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I've been eating the same breakfast pretty much throughout my pregnancy - am currently 20 weeks - it's a Thomas bagel Thin with 1 tbsp peanut butter, and 2 tsp of low sugar preserve (smuckers makes a bunch of them), with a quarter cup of cottage cheese, sliced almonds, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.  Extremely boring, but it keeps my numbers in check, so i can deal with it for another 20 weeks! 
  • Options
    imagebrandilc84:
    I do eggs, bacon, sausage, w.w toast, yogurts the light and fit greek no fat 2x the protein yogurt I recently switched because it has less carbs, more protein, and less sugar than the other brand I was eating, plus it's a bigger portion. You can also do whole wheat pancakes or waffles.I went to my GD counselor yesterday and she said milk is a carb, and she suggested to donbsp;unsweetened almond milk, however; I am fine with my no fat milk as it doesn't have any effect on my numbers. She also said veggies werenbsp;"free" and I could basically eat as much as I wanted, except the starchy veggies like potatoes, corn, beans, ect.... I still need to portion those veggies out. I am able tonbsp;do fruitnbsp;for my morning snack as long as I pair it with protein. I was originally told no fruit before noon, however I have played around with my food, and what times to eat them, and again, no effect on my numbers. another thing she suggested for the morning is to have 3 egg whites, and one egg yolk, and make a veggie omelet. You can even add more protein like bacon, ham, sausage into the omelet. It will get you nice and full. Inbsp;was having some trouble staying full in the a.m.nbsp;so she suggested that. I also was told to stay away from oatmeal in the a.m. but I tried it out on Saturday, with whole wheat toast, an a glass of no fat milk. Inbsp;put a little truvia in it to sweeten it up a tad and my numbers were great!! I think they were 97 at my one hour test. I know some woman are pretty sensitive to certain foods in the a.m. so you gotta just play around with what works for you. nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;

I was told that oatmeal, not instant, was good because it takeslonger to digest so the sugars were being released slower and over a longer period of time. Instant oatmeal often has sugars added and digests quicker so that is not recommended.

I ate oatmeal with the liquid caramel vanilla, my fav, coffee creamer and nothing else added as I found the coffee creamer adds enough sweetness without adding too much sugar.

Dh also fixed slices of ham for me to eat with my breakfast.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"