December 2011 Moms
Options

For the lack of better words he's mean.

Ds is 18 months, well almost. And he's flat out mean! He kicks, hits, bites, yells. I mean you name it he does it. I'm at my wits end. We tried time out, redirection, removing him from the situation completely...and nothing. I don't know where he's even learning this from... No daycare, no siblings, nothing but bubble guppies on tv. I am at a loss!

Re: For the lack of better words he's mean.

• Options
    DS has been constantly shoving at day care, but they say he's happy and smiling when he does it and mostly does it to his favorite friends so obviously doesn't realize it's mean. It's hard for us to correct at home since we don't have any other kids he's shoving. They think it has to do with his frustration with a primitive vocabulary and so it's how he expresses himself. I hope it's just a phase, I don't want my kid to be a bully!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I don't know if this will help or not but I'm tempted to make one when DS throws a temper tantrum. I saw it on Pinterest and one of my friend's said it has helped her 3 year old calm down.

It's a calming/hush bottle. Think I'm going to try to make it this week sometime.

https://mycrazyblessedlife.com/2011/10/03/relax-bottletime-out-timer/ 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJmcmahon21:

I don't know if this will help or not but I'm tempted to make one when DS throws a temper tantrum. I saw it on Pinterest and one of my friend's said it has helped her 3 year old calm down.

It's a calming/hush bottle. Think I'm going to try to make it this week sometime.

https://mycrazyblessedlife.com/2011/10/03/relax-bottletime-out-timer/ 

This is a great idea, DS hasn't hit the stage where he needs time outs yet (ignoring tantrums is currently working for us), but when he does, this is a great way, it will give him a sense of how long he has to go too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• Options

DS tends to hit sometimes. I was at a loss where he learned that myself as I know it wasn't at day care & at home we have never used that type of discipline, not even a tap on the hands like my mom used to do with us kids.  I cannot remember where I was reading it, but it does actually just come naturally for some kids. What I mean by that is they have these emotions of anger, sadness, anxiety, fear... but they just really don't know how to deal with them. I've tried to continue to speak is a very soft & calm voice, saying "we do not hit" & "that hurts mommy." When he starts screaming because he isn't getting what he wants, it is hard, but I just let him do it for a little while until I feel he is ready to calm down. Usually when he gets that bad & has to get to that point, I know he is really rather tired.

All kids are different though, this is just my experience.

My 2 December boys

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"