Third-Party Reproduction
Options

A intro and news...

Hello ladies,

My name is Lacy and I had been quite active on the IF board for about a little over a year and a few months ago moved over to IVF. Ive always lurked on this board and introed a while back hoping to learn alot from you ladies which I can say I have and think you all are amazing and have such positive things to encourage everyone on this board! Recently took a little break after third failed IVF due to poor response and have officially moved on to DE. heres my story sorry if its long.

So its been about a month since my third failed IVF and ive had time to cry and be pissed and have about every emotion in the book. As well as developed a ulcer and went to ER. not fun! if anyone knows about ulcers is...they really really HURT! I did not know that. But im recovering and on medicine for it now so theres nothing like a medical induced bland diet to lose a couple of LBS! lol

Im getting back to working out again after a month off and feel much better.

Had a appointment with my RE today since last time I saw him I was cancelled. So I guess this was a WTF appt. but we knew going into this that we would start discussing the Donor options. they called me last week and said if I could come in a half hour early so they could spend more time than 30 min with us. They wanted a hour. I thought that was strange but went with it and we went in at 2 o clock today.

Well it goes like this and sorry if its long but its a lot of info.....

So the RE asks me...how are you feeling about everything...

I say, well im very disappointed and ready to move on officially to donor.Ive had lots of time to think about it over the course of 3 failed ivfs and I hope were on the same page as to where to go next.

He says ok... I have a little story for you.... We have a woman here who has gone thru 2 ivfswith us and has 3 kids... she has donated some of her left over embryos to a couple and they are currently PG with twins. The donor herself had one girl with her first ivf and twin boys with her second. She is willing to do a donor cycle and we think she is a perfect match for you because you have a ton of similar traits. Personality and looks wise. The kicker is she has a east coast family that are going to use her and they are willing to do a split shared donor cycle with you and your DH. The only reason we would consider offering this is because she produces amazing and large quanity eggs. Her last ivf she produced 25 eggs and 17 of those made it to day 5 high quality Blast. plus it would really cut down the costs because us and the east coast family share the cost right down the middle!!

OMG im freaking out.. not to mention I will get to see her picture tomorrow and I already saw a pic of her three kids and they are adorable!!!! We both do have a lot of similar traits. She went to a well known local college here and got her BS but decided to be a hairdresser. That's crazy because im a hairdresser too!!! we are the same size shape and height. both have brown eyes and blonde hair. Oh did I mention she starts meds JULY 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG times 2!

so.... now I need to get the financial taken care of. Im nervous and hope to god it works out because this is just so sudden and I thought I would be waiting forever and it would not be this fast!!! Im scared.. nervous...freaked....and so excited and feel really good about this.

Now I know this was a lot to process and my mind is still reeling and man I have a lot of questions and I don't even know where to start! ok... going to go now and  I welcome and comments and advice if anyone had any! Thanks for hanging in there and reading all of this!

Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
 High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
BFN on fet #3
Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
Everyone Welcome

Re: A intro and news...

• Options

Wow, how exciting that at WTF your RE seems to have the perfect donor candidate.  The only thing that I would want to know is, and I would not proceed without knowing the answer to, is "Why was she doing IVF in the first place if she is so fertile?"  GL, sounds as if the stars have aligned to give you the perfect opportunity!!  July will be here in no time!!

TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    Lacyj67Lacyj67 member
    I know the answer to that question. She had many miscarriages and they found out she does have pcos and were having sperm issues with her husband. Once they did ivf everything fell right into place. She had a little girl who is now 3 yrs old and last year had twin boys thru ivf again.
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Everyone Welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jcathjcath member
    Welcome to the board and so sorry about your failed IVFs.  I think this sounds like a great opportunity.  I a big believer in when an opportunity presents itself - just go with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sorry for your past struggles, but what a whopper of a WTF!!! How cool and exciting, it's amazing you get to start so soon and with a donor that seems like she was made for you! My DE/DS FET is July 18th, so it sounds like we may be cycle buddies! Congrats!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Lacyj67Lacyj67 member
    Oh congrats that's very exciting. We will mist likely be doing a frozen transfer so we can get my lining just right. RE does not want me to so lupron this time. I actually got to see her picture today of my donor and she is so cute. Makes me even more excited!!!
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Everyone Welcome

• Options
    Oh wow...congrats! That is awesome! Good luck to you :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Oh Lacy, that's great news and so fast!  It sounds like it's meant to be.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MrsT4MrsT4 member
    Welcome back and congrats....love to hear good news....it really sounds like the stars have aligned for you!! :)

Me: AMA, DOR, undetectable AMH, carrier of SMA, MTHFR homozygous C677T, high cytokines, low IGg B cells, Factor XIII V34l mutation, High Anti-Phosphatidylethanolmine, borderline hypothyroid and mildly insulin resistant.

MH: No known issues, aside from MTHFR.

Recommendations from RI: LIT, Humira, IVIG, Lovenox, Baby Aspirin, Folic Acid, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin.

Currently taking:  Pre-Natal vitamins, Foltanx, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin. 

When cycling also taking: Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, Humira and IVIG.

TTC since 7/11/09..with medical intervention starting in 2010, including 4 failed IVF's and 6 failed IUI's...only "success" was a chemical pregnancy in 11/2012 (credited to use of DE).

FET #1 (11th cycle) on 8/23/13 = BFN.

FET #2 (12th cycle) Transfer of last two (day 6) donor egg blasts on 1/22/14 = BFP, EDD = 10/10/14 (please stick little BOY!)

My favorite breed:

***PAIF/SAIF always welcome***

• Options
    This makes me so happy for you, Lacy! 

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • Options
    Hey lady, I'm adding you to our third party checkin that will be on Mondays with this info! :) Watch for it, we'll all be interested to see how you are moving along!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Km672Km672 member

Hi Lacy,

Welcome to the board and congrats on the best WTF appt ever!

I am so excited you have this option and it makes perfect sense.

I would definitely take your RE up on this offer, it is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity!!!

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• Options
    Welcome to the board!  It sounds like this is a great opportunity for you and she's the perfect match!   You'll be cycling before you know it.   Lots of luck and definitely keep us posted.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Lacyj67Lacyj67 member
    image2MamazInSeattle:
    Hey lady, I'm adding you to our third party checkin that will be on Mondays with this info! : Watch for it, we'll all be interested to see how you are moving along!

Oh yay! Can't wait to have a update. I still am in shock I think that this is going to happen!!! Thanks!!
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Everyone Welcome

• Options
    I'm not a regular poster but, want to say welcome! How exciting to have such a great opportunity!
    For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"