High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

tips tp lower my fasting number???

Hi Ladies,

I am supposed to be below 95 for my fasting number... I have had a few 96 and 98's...  any tips to lower this number... some times my number is fine 84ish. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: tips tp lower my fasting number???

• Options

My nightly snack is a carb + a protein. I typically do a golden delicious apple with peanut butter. Sometimes I will do graham crackers w/ peanut butter.

Look at what you are eating for your nightly snack- I can't eat oranges otherwise my fasting number tends to be higher.

• Options

you can also go for a walk right after your nightly snack- this will probably help lower your fasting number.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

my GD counselor lowered my nightly snack from 30 g carbs to 15 g carbs. Supposed to be something like crackers or toast. No fruit or milk. 

I also notice the more protein, the better. I have been eating lunch meat (yes - I know, not the most appetizing thing), bacon, etc. in addition to cheese and crackers.

Tonight I am having chicken salad (chopped chicken with mayo, celery and seasonings), wheat crackers and some turkey lunch meat. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options
    I don't remember who it was, but somebody's doc told them only ice cream for nighttime snack. I thought it sounded crazy, but as long as my snack is 2 small sccops of regular vanilla ice cream with a little bit of chocolate syrup and some whipped cream, my fasting numbers have been amazing! When I have the half peanut butter sandwich and small cup of milk I used to have, my fasting numbers are pretty erratic. HTH!
  • Options
    imagebrandilc84:

you can also go for a walk right after your nightly snack- this will probably help lower your fasting number.

I know everyone is different, but this is great advice for me. I go for a walk after every meal and it's been the only way I can consistently get passing numbers.

• Options
    Drinking some water in the middle of the night seems to help me.  If you're waking up in the middle of the night anyway, try drinking a few ounces of water.  Hope that helps!
  • Options
    Ice cream works for me too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"