Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

i hope i didn't hurt my lo!

hello everyone...so while i was changing ds, who is 14 months old, he of course was kicking and twisting.  i tried holding him down firmly, but his leg got caught in an awkward position and i heard a cracking sound, like the sound of someone cracking their knuckles.  he started crying harder (he was already whining b/c he didn't want to be changed) and then i was afraid i might have broken his leg.  i tried massaging his leg to see if there was any pain, and he just kicked my hand away.  he started to crawl away and climb on furniture and now he's fast asleep.  it's safe to assume that his leg's okay and not broken, right?  thanks!

Re: i hope i didn't hurt my lo!

• WipzWipz member
    Doesn't sound broken to me..we have a WWF superstar at diaper time too  and I have found that  the stand up diaper change can be a real winner and if its a smelly one, I tend to corral him in a smaller section of his playpen so he really has no where to run too. Since its so small and can barely fit me in it kneeling and him laying down... and I am petite it sure does make it easier.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lol seriously...my little man is a champ at wriggling away!  i never thought of the stand up diaper change...i'll have to try it next time!  thanks, wipz!
  • Loading the player...
  • WipzWipz member
    No worries, I am a master at the stand up, upside down, back to front diaper changes by now.  I can even change a diaper on the move.. the rule is as long as the peewee and butt are covered the diaper can get straightened out when he  settles down.  I just like to make sure his bits n pieces are protected in case he slips or catches his crotch on something running aorund like a looney toon.  Plus we have 4 cats he likes to play with and he doesn't need an accidental set of claws on his lil pee wee Indifferent

People wonder why we never bought a changing table...  cos my kid can't fly Wink even he can't fall off the floor
  • ras26ras26 member
    Probably not broken.  I broke DD's leg when I slipped carrying her down the stairs, and I actually thought she was fine because I picked her up and she stopped crying right away.  Then I put her down and she wouldn't put any weight on it; I knew it was broken.  If he's climbing around and putting weight on the leg, you're fine.
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • WipzWipz member

imageras26:
    Probably not broken.  I broke DD's leg when I slipped carrying her down the stairs, and I actually thought she was fine because I picked her up and she stopped crying right away.  Then I put her down and she wouldn't put any weight on it; I knew it was broken.  If he's climbing around and putting weight on the leg, you're fine.
    Poor munchkin, hope she's all mended up now :)
  • imageWipz:

imageras26:
    Poor munchkin, hope she's all mended up now :)

whew what a day!  i'm just now able to sit and read the bump!  thanks to all those who helped ease my mind. 

ras26--i hope all is well now!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"