October 2011 Moms

potentially stupid question

I didn't experience any contractions the first time around, because of the placenta previa, they scheduled a cs a week early. In fact I'm not even sure if Em ever even dropped.

I have had a couple random contractions here and there over the last week or so and this evening I think I've had about 4 or 5. They aren't particularly intense, just kind of like menstrual cramps and they only last about 15 to 20 seconds.
I'm sure I'm dehydrated as I haven't felt well all day and didn't drink enough. I don't want to be one of those crazy women, but I'm only 33 weeks and a bit nervous.

I'm wondering what you ladies think. When should I call my Dr?

Re: potentially stupid question

• Have you been exerting yourself a lot lately?  I used to get contractions when I was dehydrated, especially when I had been moving around a lot.

Do something relaxing, like take a bath, with a big glass of water.

• I didn't start timing until I laid down. I'd say the first few were in a 2 hour span and I've had 2 since laying down. They were 15 minutes apart.

I did 3 loads of laundry today and had a very busy weekend with not a lot of rest.
  • Loading the player...
  • That sounds normal. I had BH starting around 25 weeks with Lo, mostly I think because it was summer and I didn't always drink enough water. With E I had contractions off and on daily for a month. That combined with my uterus stopped growing meant early weekly appointments and cervical checks but they were more worried about my lack of weight gain/measuring behind than the contractions. They just told me I didn't need to go to LD unless I hit the 511 rule or my water broke.
  • I had contractions when I worked longer than a 4 hour shift from about 30 weeks on.
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Took a nice long shower last night and contractions stopped. Thanks for the help ladies!
  • jwls84jwls84 member
    I had a lot of contractions with B starting around 33 weeks. I ended up going to the hospital at 33 weeks because of them. From my personal experience I was told that if I were having more than 4 a hour for more than 2 hours to get checked out. When I did go to the hospital hey couldn't figure out what was causing them, but maybe dehydration. They hooked me up to an IV for fluids, didn't help. I had contractions straight up until I delivered at 40 weeks.
    If you are concerned get checked out, better to be safe than sorry!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"