June 2013 Moms
Options

After your GBS Swab

Did you bleed alot?  How long did it last?  I know this can be normal.  I was also checked.  1-2cm and 70% effaced.  Baby is measuring 7lbs 11oz already at 35 weeks and 6 days with a WHOLE HEAD full of hair.  I'm so nervous about the thoughts of a c-section.
Married 2007
DS - 5/2010
DD - 6-2013
TTC #3 - Cycle #9

Re: After your GBS Swab

• Options
    Your GBS swab should have barely been inside at all so it shouldn't make you bleed at all. But, since you got checked you're probably bleeding from that. My doctor's rule is spotting is ok but if you fill up a pad quickly call the office
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    And that is a big baby! But for the most part out bodies are made to handle the babies they grow...good luck!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    skioskio member
    My GBS swab barely went into the vagina...it's more of an outer thing. I didn't bleed at all. I'm guessing your bleeding is from the cervical check.

And I feel like a broken record, but don't worry about baby's size. Those ultrasounds are notoriously inaccurate, and even if baby is big, chances are you'll be just fine. :]
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I remember some bleeding from the last time, but just couldn't remember how much was too much.
    Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• Options
    Just got swabbed this morning, no internal check for me though. And no spotting or anything. It was most likely from having your cervix checked.
  • Options

imageskio:
    My GBS swab barely went into the vagina...it's more of an outer thing. I didn't bleed at all. I'm guessing your bleeding is from the cervical check. And I feel like a broken record, but don't worry about baby's size. Those ultrasounds are notoriously inaccurate, and even if baby is big, chances are you'll be just fine. :]

They did one a week before my son was born....said 8lbs 8oz.  He was born at 9lbs.  Of course, that was in a high risk facility and they had a JUMBO ultrasound machine.  I'm hoping they are estimating high.  I was shocked to see that number!

Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• Options
    Your swab shouldn't have caused any bleeding. My doctor did warn about spotting from the internal however. She said if there is any it should just be a little bit. Any type of bright red bleeding that soaks a pad isn't normal and I should go straight to labor and delivery.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The bleeding is more than likely from the internal check. The swab is barely inserted inside of you. Don't worry about the weight. They said my son was over 10 lbs. He was 8 lbs 9 oz at birth.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had my gbs swab and was checked today also....swab was nothing but the checking was a little uncomfortable...the midwife said that there may be some spotting but not to worry unless it gets heavy like a period.
  • Options

imagekaleyandjason:
    Your swab shouldn't have caused any bleeding. My doctor did warn about spotting from the internal however. She said if there is any it should just be a little bit. Any type of bright red bleeding that soaks a pad isn't normal and I should go straight to labor and delivery.

I have a jumbo pad on now.  It's freaking fantastic!  I forgot how lovely these things are.  LOL

Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• Options
    I had my gbs swab this morning and got checked and had some light spotting but it was so light, that I knew it was from the cervical check. I'm 35 weeks 4 days; 1 cm and 50% effaced. Some light cramping too. I'm a ftm but know that if it's red and heavy, it's bad, otherwise not much to worry about. If it makes you feel better, call your doctor. Better safe than sorry. 
    Leah8511 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Due June 28th, 2013
  • Options
    seems like it is starting to let up now, so I should be okay.  Thanks for all the responses! 
    Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• Options

I bled for the rest of the day and wore a pad at night, but didn't have any (can't remember if I had any on the wipe in the night because I pee in the dark!).  

I was 1.5 cm and 50% effaced at 36 weeks.  Glad to hear your LO is a good size! 

Baking Blog | TTC Blog | Pinterest
    TTC #1 since October 2010 | Began Testing in January 2012
    DH SA - low motility with 0% morph; varicocele (repaired); low T (on Clomid)
    IVF w/ICSI (long Lupron w/ Repronex and Follistim) in September 2012

imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"