Pre-School and Daycare
Options

returning LeapPad2

DS got a LeapPad2 for his birthday.  We have used it and downloaded a few games, but we are not impressed with it.  We have the receipt.  Can we still return it to Toys R Us?  Should I just delete everything off of it and put it in the box?

Thanks! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: returning LeapPad2

• Options
    imageuconnhuskie007:

i guess it depends on how long ago you bought it, and whether you bought the protection plan.

I returned the toys r us branded tablet (dont even remember what it was called) but i bought the protection plan and returned it b/c it was defective.  it was about 4 months after i purchased it.

I dont think its reasonable to return something you've opened and used just because you don't like it.  Just my 2 cents though.

i agree with this. I think the only reason you're wanting to return it is because you decided you don't want it, not because it is defective or anything. That would normally be fine, but you have used it. The store can't re-package it and sell it as new. If this was a cheap $5 toy would you play with it for a while then just return it when your kid gets bored with it?

It sucks when this happens with a higher priced item but that's the risk you take buying it. maybe see if a friend will buy it from you or put it on Craigslist. That way you'll at least recoup some money.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Kim&JimKim&Jim member
    I am pretty sure once the package is opened, you can't return the LeapPads to Toys R Us.  I bought the first edition and they day I opened them and went online to register them was the same day that the second version launched.  I was so irritated at myself!!  I thought about returning them but couldn't because they were already opened.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kim&JimKim&Jim member

On a side note, maybe try some different apps or wait until he's a little older.  My kids got them for their 4th birthday and didn't really start playing with them until about 4 1/2.  They love them now!

• Options
    imageuconnhuskie007:

i guess it depends on how long ago you bought it, and whether you bought the protection plan.

I returned the toys r us branded tablet (dont even remember what it was called) but i bought the protection plan and returned it b/c it was defective.  it was about 4 months after i purchased it.

I dont think its reasonable to return something you've opened and used just because you don't like it.  Just my 2 cents though.

Thanks for all of your input.  It seems to me that you can return almost anything to most stores if you are unhappy with it.  That seems like a very reasonable store policy to me.  It was purchased less than a month ago, and it doesn't look like it's excluded on the receipt conditions.  I was just curious if anyone had returned one before.  

• Options
    trizzietrizzie member
    I sold mine on my local Facebook group (a buy/sell/trade). It sold immediately for $80. DS never played with it - prefers my iPad.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Options
    imagemrs.mastro:
    imageuconnhuskie007:

Thanks for all of your input.  It seems to me that you can return almost anything to most stores if you are unhappy with it.  That seems like a very reasonable store policy to me.  It was purchased less than a month ago, and it doesn't look like it's excluded on the receipt conditions.  I was just curious if anyone had returned one before.  

Besides warehouse stores which ones let you return open items just because your kid does not like the product? Target and TRU both state unopened items only.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options

Looks like you should be fine returning it according to the TRU policy.  The game would be considered hardware, so as long as you have all the original things that came with it, a receipt, and the original package (even if it's opened), you fall within the guidelines.  It only states that software has to be unopened.

I see nothing at all wrong with returning something if it doesn't work out for you--that's what returns are for.  However, I always make sure I follow the store refund policy.  I probably return as much stuff to Target as I buy!  (Okay--maybe that's an overstatement)

• Options
    Thanks, that's a good idea if TRU won't return it. I do have original package receipt.
  • Options
    Ds got one for Christmas an ripped open the box however I didn't want him to have one. I taped the box and returned it to toys r us no problem
  • Options

Surprised you don't like it.  DS is three and really likes it.  He already knew some of the things, like colors and shapes, but it's really helping him with identifying letters and he's learning about things like the ocean.

Are you planning to replace it with something? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"