VBAC

VBAC after face presentation?

I had a csection with my first due to face presentation...not same as sunny side up. I am going for a VBAC this time. Anyone else have success with this? Nervous face presentation was due to pelvic shape as my mom had the same presentation with my older brother and 3 subsequent csections. Any advice appreciated!

Re: VBAC after face presentation?

• My first was OP with brow presentation and I did get a csection after three hours of pushing. When my second was also sitting the same way I went and saw a chiro at the advice of a friend. The chiro immediately found the site of an old injury and said she believed it to cause my pelvis to sit twisted, causing my babies to sit unnaturally, as their bums were always on my extreme right side, digging in painfully to my ribcage. After one adjustment, baby rotated and sat front and centre for the first time in either pregnancy. I went once a week as by the end of a week I found baby to start drifting to the extreme right again. I had a very fast and uncomplicated vbac.

Good luck!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for both of your feedback! I haven't had any major injuries so I don't know if that would be an issue, but may be worth looking into. I've heard of spinning babies but he was in a great position at the start of labor, but something caused him to hyperextend his neck when i was 5 cm dilated...
  • Loading the player...
  • I would get chiropractic to my heart's content, and have confidence in a VBAC. Seek out a webster certified chiropractor and consider getting some pelvic adjustments before pregnancy (if you are already pregnant, don't worry). www.icpa4kids.com to find one. Much of the pelvic shape is due to ligaments and muscles, which can be positively affected by chiropractic or other type of manual body work.  I'd also look into really good squats and pelvic posture, love this gal's site https://www.alignedandwell.com/katysays/you-still-dont-know-squat/

All I can say about face presentation - wow. and ouch. makes sense you had a cs and hope you've been able to come to terms with that. 

• I'll let you know! I am hoping for a VBAC but they scheduled the section for Friday so unless I go into labor on my own in the next two days I have to give up on the idea.

I had never even considered that my daughters face presentation was anything other than a fluke- wish I had considered it earlier.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good luck on Friday! My doctor said there is no one pelvic shape that is related to face presentation, so don't worry! I just think it's weird that it's so rare, but happened to both my mom and I...
  • Just an update VBAC was successful! Went into labor just a day before RCS was scheduled two days after my due date. Will post a little more detail soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations! Would love to hear more when you are settled...i'm due in October so no rush. Enjoy your sweet new baby!
  • Just saw your other post, thanks for sharing your story! So happy it was a successful VBAC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"