November 2012 Moms
Options

Sleep check in

I thought maybe this would be a good way to see where everyone is. We don't seem to have much of a LNCI anymore, which is good! Unless we are all just too exhausted to check in anymore. =) 

So, how is everyone's LO sleeping?!

1. What time is bedtime?

2. How many times is LO waking up at night?

3. What usually puts LO back to sleep during a MOTN waking?

4. Do you automatically feed LO during a MOTN wakeup?

5. What time is LO up for the day?

6. Do you change diapers in the MOTN?

7. Are you seeing that things are starting to improve? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sleep check in

• Options
    imageBabyMakes 3:

I thought maybe this would be a good way to see where everyone is. We don't seem to have much of a LNCI anymore, which is good! Unless we are all just too exhausted to check in anymore. =) 

1. What time is bedtime? 6:30 to 7:00

2. How many times is LO waking up at night? Once

3. What usually puts LO back to sleep during a MOTN waking? I always feed him if it's been over 5 or 6 hours. It always results in a feeding. He is never comforted by anything else so I assume he is hungry after a half hour of consoling with no success. If he wakes shortly after a feeding, I will try Tylenol if it seems like teething. I've done this once and he slept till morning so I assume it was his little gummies.

4. Do you automatically feed LO during a MOTN wakeup? See above.

5. What time is LO up for the day? It has been 5am lately which SUCKS! But, the last few days it's between 6 and 7. 

6. Do you change diapers in the MOTN? Never, unless I smell poopy.

7. Are you seeing that things are starting to improve? Yes, a few months back it was consistently twice a night but now it's once. Then, he's going down really easily. We almost never have to go into his room after bedtime, except MOTN wakeup of course.

Also, I didn't ask this, but we are giving Benjamin an initial 10 minutes when he wakes up to see if he soothes himself. It is like a 50/50 shot with him going back to sleep on his own. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1. What time is bedtime? About 8 pm now, which is nice since both boys go down at that time.  It's my time to relax and catch up on shows with DH.

2. How many times is LO waking up at night? 2-3 times still, but I don't really count the 1st time since it's usually right after I go to bed (between 10:30 and 11:30)

3. What usually puts LO back to sleep during a MOTN waking? Nursing.  

4. Do you automatically feed LO during a MOTN wakeup? I try not to, but it usually ends that way.

5. What time is LO up for the day?  Anywhere from 7-8.

6. Do you change diapers in the MOTN? No, unless he wakes up more than usual.

7. Are you seeing that things are starting to improve? Slowly but surely.  Sleep training was much harder with this little one, but we're starting to see the results from it.

I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. What time is bedtime? 7:30pm

3. What usually puts LO back to sleep during a MOTN waking? Wakes at 4-5:30, I feed her then she goes back to sleep.

4. Do you automatically feed LO during a MOTN wakeup? If its after 4am.

5. What time is LO up for the day? 7:30am

6. Do you change diapers in the MOTN? Yes, its always full and usually leaking from sleeping on tummy.

7. Are you seeing that things are starting to improve? Yes thank god. I need my sleep :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. What time is bedtime? ~ between 7 & 8 pm

2. How many times is LO waking up at night? ~ Either once, usually at 2-3am, or twice, at 1-ish and 5-ish

3. What usually puts LO back to sleep during a MOTN waking? ~Nursing

4. Do you automatically feed LO during a MOTN wakeup? ~ 95% of the time. He rarely goes back to sleep without it if I am the one to check on him. 

5. What time is LO up for the day? ~ between 7 & 8 am usually

6. Do you change diapers in the MOTN? ~ only after 4 am unless I smell poop

7. Are you seeing that things are starting to improve? ~ yes, sleeping longer, starting to sleep til 4 or 5 am (8 hour stretch) sometimes 

• Options

1. What time is bedtime? I guess I am the only one with a partier. K usually falls asleep between 8-9. This is her baby and daddy time.

2. How many times is LO waking up at night? Extremely rarely she will wake up once. 95% of the time she will STTN.

3. What usually puts LO back to sleep during a MOTN waking? Her pacifier.

4. Do you automatically feed LO during a MOTN wakeup? Nope. Have fed her in the middle of the night for around 2 months now.

5. What time is LO up for the day? Between 7-8. Closer to 8 is the norm.

6. Do you change diapers in the MOTN? Not unless it smells like poop.

7. Are you seeing that things are starting to improve? Don't hate me, but they have been good for awhile.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    imageBabyMakes 3:
    imageBabyMakes 3:

1. What time is bedtime? 6:30 to 7:00

3. What usually puts LO back to sleep during a MOTN waking? I always feed him if it's been over 5 or 6 hours. It always results in a feeding. He is never comforted by anything else so I assume he is hungry after a half hour of consoling with no success. If he wakes shortly after a feeding, I will try Tylenol if it seems like teething. I've done this once and he slept till morning so I assume it was his little gummies.

4. Do you automatically feed LO during a MOTN wakeup? See above.

5. What time is LO up for the day? It has been 5am lately which SUCKS! But, the last few days it's between 6 and 7. 

6. Do you change diapers in the MOTN? Never, unless I smell poopy.

7. Are you seeing that things are starting to improve? Yes, a few months back it was consistently twice a night but now it's once. Then, he's going down really easily. We almost never have to go into his room after bedtime, except MOTN wakeup of course.

Also, I didn't ask this, but we are giving Benjamin an initial 10 minutes when he wakes up to see if he soothes himself. It is like a 50/50 shot with him going back to sleep on his own. 

Wow I have the same answers!
  • Options

1. What time is bedtime? 8:00

2. How many times is LO waking up at night? Usually none. If he does, it would just be once.

3. What usually puts LO back to sleep during a MOTN waking? Usually if he does wake up and doesn't go back to sleep on his own, it means he needs to eat.

4. Do you automatically feed LO during a MOTN wakeup? Nope. I try other things first, but they usually don't work.

5. What time is LO up for the day? About 6:30 or 7:00. On weekends, he wakes up, eats, and then wants a nap less than an hour later. I really think he wants to sleep until about 8, but he just gets hungry before that.

6. Do you change diapers in the MOTN? Nope. I haven't done this since he was really young. I probably haven't done it since he hit 3 months.

7. Are you seeing that things are starting to improve? Sleep has been good for us since 4 months. We did CIO on the recommendation of the pedi back then, and haven't had any troubles since.

• Options
    imageBabyMakes 3:

1. What time is bedtime? 8pm

2. How many times is LO waking up at night? sometimes once between when she goes to sleep and when I get up for work.  I'm a teacher and am home for the summer so hopefully me not waking up at 4:30am for work will start to change her schedule.

3. What usually puts LO back to sleep during a MOTN waking? Nursing

4. Do you automatically feed LO during a MOTN wakeup? If she's crying for more than 5 minutes.  Now that I'm not working, I'm hoping to give her more of an opportunity to fall back asleep on her own.

5. What time is LO up for the day? 6am on school days and 8am on weekends (hopefully for the summer)

6. Do you change diapers in the MOTN? only if they're leaking; we're looking into getting 12 hour ones

7. Are you seeing that things are starting to improve? Slowly

• Options
    GargitaGargita member
    imageBabyMakes 3:
    I thought maybe this would be a good way to see where everyone is. We don't seem to have much of a LNCI anymore, which is good! Unless we are all just too exhausted to check in anymore. =nbsp;So, how is everyone's LO sleeping?!1. What time is bedtime?2. How many times is LO waking up at night?3. What usually puts LO back to sleep during a MOTN waking?4. Do you automatically feed LO during a MOTN wakeup?5. What time is LO up for the day?6. Do you change diapers in the MOTN?7. Are you seeing that things are starting to improve?nbsp;

1. Between 7 and 8.

2. Once, any time between midnight and 4 a.m.

3. Bewbies!

4. Now that it's only once after many hours of sleep, yes.

5. Between 5:30 and 6:30

6. No. But if he wakes up to eat after 4 a.m., I do.

7. Yes. I attribute some of that to sleeping on his stomach. Life changing!

image   My chart 

• Options

1. What time is bedtime?

9 pm, I'm trying to roll it back to 8 and eventually 7:30 

3....but I can see the top of that first tooth....so I suspect that is why.

nursing...this is part of the problem. She falls asleep very soundly very quickly and then wakes up hungry a few hours later. 

i do....except when she wakes in hysteria...in which case she refuses to eat and can generally only be soothed by DH. 

technically 7 am, but she goes down for 90 min nap around 8:30 am 

i stopped, but then she broke out in eczema down there, so I check the diaper and change once a night

She is much easier to put to bed. Lots of work yet, but she no longer screams hysterically at bedtime..and that is a huge relief. 

• Options
    imageBabyMakes 3:

1. What time is bedtime?

1) Bedtime is around 7:30-8pm

2) I stopped counting, generally 3-4 times a night.

3) If DH goes in he can normally just paci/lovie and a few minutes of rocking. If I have to go in the only way D goes back to sleep is if he eats.

4) I try not too, but if I have to soothe him he dives for the boobs right away and wont give up until he gets them.

5) 8am

6) Around 2:30 if I have go to in to feed D I will do a diaper change then. We don't have leaks but normally the diaper is so full it worries me. He doesn't complain about his diaper but I would think it would be uncomfortable to be like that all night.

7) I think things are improving. It used to be that during the first 2 hours after we put him to sleep he would wake up every 20-30 minutes and we would have to do a long drawn out soothe/rock to sleep. I think part of it is that he is able to work out his gas on his own now, and the reflux seems to be going away. Our bedtime routine is much shorter now as well. Bath, feed, rock for 3-5 minutes and then he is out. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"