Success after IF
Options

FET on Thursday...possible re-freeze...WWYD?

It's been a while since I've posted.  I did a fresh cycle in Nov 2008 with DD#1.  Then, while we were overseas, I had DD2 and DD3 - completely natural!  Lots of speculation on what changed with DH's sperm, but they are blessings.  We have 3 blastocysts that we have always planned to use.  We've been saving them and recently had them transferred to an REI in the area (we're military).  I am not sure what to do and DH wants me to look at statistics, but it is hard because of the various factors.  We have 2 straws - a onesie and then a pair.  I had 2 3-day embryos transferred with DD#1 (8A and 8B) but given my pregnancy history and age (32), the REI won't transfer all 3, nor would we want that.  If the onesie survives the thaw, we are planning to use it alone.  If it doesn't, I am torn.  The REI said he can actually thaw the pair, get the report, and if they are both good, use one and re-thaw the other.  That hadn't crossed my mind and now I am wondering what we should do.  I will be sad if any of them don't make it, but at the same time, I worry about multiples and also about going through this process multiple times - as I am sure many of you know much better than me, it's not easy on the body.  Has anyone done a re-freeze and re-thaw?  Any recommendations?  Here are our stats:

Me - 32; no significant IF history, 3 pregnancies (1 IVF+ICSI), 3 precious DDs

DH - 41; crappy semen in 2008 - now?

TIA!! 

Me – 33 (no diagnosis), DH – 41 (MFI)

IVF #1/ICSI 2008 – 22 ER, 21 F, Day 3 transfer (8A and 8B) - BFP, 3 Frosties

Surprise BFP 2010

Surprise BFP 2011

Shipped frosties from TX to VA in 2012

FET #1 May 2013, single blast – BFN

FET #2 August 2013 2 blasts – BFN

IVF #2/ICSI/AH Jan 2014 – 8 ER, 7M, 6 F Day 3 transfer (grade 2 & 3), no frosties - BFP!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"